[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 43 KB, 590x421, 52ed711e-9ef0-4962-bd67-7f107a9f869b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14472292 No.14472292[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey all. Is there a way to be more spiritual without being religious?
I don't believe in "God" as such. I don't believe there was one divine creator that snapped his fingers and created everything. But I do believe there is a lot more out there than we know. I believe in spirits and I love places such as Japan for how spiritual it is.
I never have been a very spiritual person myselfx as much as I find it interesting. But I've been having a hard time lately and as I'm trying to help myself I feel something inside me that is telling me to go for a more spiritual approach to life. I have lately read up a bit on witchcraft and Wicca which is really interesting me, but Wicca is a bit too religious.
I just want to learn to love myself and the world better and to be at peace with who I am. Can anyone suggest anything for me? I've tried meditating and spending time in nature but it's not always possible with 2 children!

>> No.14472308

>>14472292
read ALL THREE CRITIQUES. then MASTURBATE with CHILLI OIL on your DICK while watching XAVIER RENEGADE ANGEL after having taken 100 GRAMS of MUSHROOMS with PSYCHEDELIC tryptamines.

>> No.14472310

Spirituality implies values, values implies vice and virtue, these imply ethics and morality, this implies rules of one's action—this is religion.

>> No.14472327

>>14472292
Imagine not believing in God. You are just a bored Western tourist looking for the next new flavour in his/her life. This isn't for you. All secularized religions are cringe.

>> No.14472331

>>14472292
What is the journey without the path the Goal without the Way?

>> No.14472334

>>14472292
Read Bataille, I think what he describes as transgression is the closest thing to a spiritual experience devoid of metaphysics

>> No.14472338

>>14472292
You can’t have spirituality without God

>> No.14472361

Absolute Spirit

>> No.14472447

Holy fuck just kill yourself. Seriously. You aren’t spiritual at all. It disgusts me that you even put a word like that in your little redditor mouth, you fucking faggot. How are a people that work so many hours, bootlicking their bosses, bootlicking the government, for pointless material shit, for “””improving the economy””” and whatever vague notion of “””progress””” like a literal ant not even self aware grinding it’s life away for the ant hill, how the fuck are Japanese people spiritual? Most of them kill themselves because there is a complete and utter LACK of spirituality in their little bug and existence. And back to you, who thinks these little superficialities, these pointless little outward badges and “shows” are spiritual- people like you will never, ever be spiritual. You are attracted to hollow outwardness, like most people today you are another soulless materialist consumer insect who picks up religion or “spirituality” as a cultural badge or political tool, always for utilitarian ends because your little bug mind cannot fucking fathom something having profound meaning beyond its use on earth, beyond human capacity to really understand. You are a faggot, you are a pretender, you could meditate 2 hours a day, read the entire canon of Hindu and Christian theology, you will never, ever have any sort of “spiritual” idea grace your mechanical, sad, superficial and lowly mind. Fuck you.

>> No.14472464

Shout if you have Doubt!
https://youtu.be/FuJBwu_03r8

>> No.14472469

>>14472334
>describes as transgression
Where?

>> No.14472738

>>14472447
good post but OP doesn't really deserve that harshness

>> No.14472874

>>14472447
Based

>> No.14472884

>>14472447
>Going to this extent in unironic response to an ironic post.