[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 89 KB, 1100x825, 5b9235bb5c5e5254548b59f5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14450786 No.14450786[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

A lot of people on /lit/ who are trying to come off as intelligent by shitposting your academic philosophy meme books can all suck a dick. All philosophy boils down to this point: to teach us not to be afraid to die. The academic circle jerk philosophy is entirely unnecessary for this point. The only philosophy needed is Montaigne, and maybe some Plato, Aristotle or Seneca - even then, anyone who is not a fucking retard can arrive at their main points independently with some basic free thought. There’s a reason why people like Elon Musk and Bill Gates, who actually change the world, don’t read what you academic philosophy faggots consider intelligent, because the average capeshit movie has more practical life advice than your circle jerk books. One can open up any random page of Shakespeare or Tolstoy and find more life advice than entire volumes of your faggot philosophers. How does it feel to know that the average 14 year old girl has more wisdom than someone with a philosophy Ph.D? And a higher net worth, considering the six figures of student loan debt you retards accumulated.

>> No.14450831
File: 494 KB, 900x1200, ENDf3S8UUAAETA6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14450786
Hey, thanks for posting. You're right, people acting like they're better than you is super annoying, but it sounds like your bad feels come from somewhere deeper than a distaste for philosophags; why not tell us what's actually bothering you op?

>> No.14450834
File: 182 KB, 1024x1024, 1sr0y5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>muh six figures of debt
Debt does not exist. Intelligent people know it is a spook. Intelligent people know you and everyone you ever cared for is going to die in a couple hundred months from now anyways so worrying about "muh credit score" "muh debt", really doesn't make much sense. You see, I was until recently what was called a "permanent student", I attained a PhD (philosophy), and a joint PharmD/JD and with interest, placing my grand total of debt to date at $1 million dollars, of which I have not paid a dime. It does not bother me in the slightest. Currently I collect SSDI, and if I marry, I will have as many children as possible to burden the system even more. Tell me. Who is more intelligent? A man who thought he was building something permanent, something lasting, achieving "success" only to be shoveled into the grave in another decade, or someone who knew it was a scam from the start and didn't even try?

>> No.14450843

>>14450831
Poster below you, I am indeed better than you and OP and most people.

>> No.14450851

>>14450786
The purpose of philosophy isn't to provide life advice, it's purpose is to analyze phenomenology and epistemology. You should open up a dictionary if you are unable to decipher these words. Continue being complacently satisfied with the stoics, smooth-brain.