[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 17 KB, 250x333, adorno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14398901 No.14398901 [Reply] [Original]

Why was Adorno wrong about art and who's the modern day Adorno?

>> No.14398912

>>14398901
He was wrong because he's ugly himself so he cannot really know what is beautiful

>> No.14398961

>>14398912
I don't even think it's about physical ugliness. You can be short and bald and fat and still be attractive to people because of your good nature, humour and what not. It's just that Adorno had this look of a self-righteous idiot which made him disgusting and comical at the same time, and his ideas fully corroborate this impression.

>> No.14398965

>>14398901
He was right about Jazz and modern music.

>> No.14399003

>>14398901
>>14398965
>Fun is strictly verboten at all times: The Philosophy

>> No.14399048

>>14399003
It depends what one is having fun with. Drinking tea in the beautiful garden, playing chess or go, bird-watching, scuba diving, listening to classial or traditional music, or whatever is good fun. However, misusing sex for "pleasure" or reading about it, listening to nigger-trash music, going clubbing, watching degenerate trash TV shows, etc. are all bad. When you do bad things, you deserve a lashing and public defamation. For example, if you are married and you flirt in public, I would love it for a based religious man to grab you by the collar, spit on you, and then proceed to lash you while reciting beautiful passages from his religious texts. This is an act of benevolence from God. In fact, in a just society, people would encircle your righteous punishment and start clapping. Back when the West was better, this was frequently done to Jews and Blacks are precautionary measures.
I would just love to stand up and walk up to a lesbian and loudly proclaiming, "You are a whore, and you must be purified." Everyone will clap and bring their hands to prayer, and I will then begin lashing the whore as the spirits of the sages of prophets and sages put their hands on my shoulder and whisper into my ear, "You are a man of the Absolute."

>> No.14399054

>>14399048
I made a couple of typos, but you get my point.

>> No.14399067

>>14399054
I dont, i want you to repost that post without typos.

>> No.14399105

>>14399067
It depends what one is having fun with. Drinking tea in the beautiful garden, playing chess or go, bird-watching, scuba diving, listening to classial or traditional music, or whatever are examples of good fun. However, misusing sex for "pleasure", listening to nigger-trash music, going clubbing, watching degenerate trash TV shows, and etc. are all bad. When you do bad things, you deserve a lashing and public condemnation. For example, if you are married and you flirt in public, then I would love it for a noble religious man to grab you by the collar, spit on your nose, and then proceed to lash you while reciting beautiful passages from his religious texts. This is an act of benevolence from God. In fact, in a just society, people would encircle you, while you receive your punishment, and start clapping. Back when the West was better, this was frequently done to Jews and Blacks as precautionary measures.
I would just love to stand up and walk up to a lesbian and loudly proclaim, "You are a whore and must be purified." Everyone will clap and bring their hands up in prayer, and I will then proceed to lash the whore as the spirits of the various sages and prophets come down upon this earth to put their hands on my shoulder and whisper into my ear, "You are a man of the Absolute."

>> No.14399123

>>14399105
k thanks