[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 43 KB, 409x639, 6A00C4BC-68C8-4025-B017-2A46A7890DEF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14370962 No.14370962 [Reply] [Original]

is good critic/analyzer also a good writer?

>> No.14370967

>>14370962
not necessarily, but in some cases yes. Eliot's literary criticism is very good. Tolstoy's is ridiculous.

>> No.14371022

>>14370962
Read Wittgenstein

>> No.14371028

>>14370967
>Eliot's literary criticism is very good
kek

>> No.14371190
File: 13 KB, 207x300, The_Flight_to_Lucifer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

read pic related and you tell me

>> No.14371723

>>14370962
Today I overslept, missed work and read numerous wiki articles on bread, cereal, endosperm, starch, bran, Gramineae, a family of monocotyledonous flowering plants known as grasses, Cartesian doubt, a methodological skepticism associated with the writings and methodology of Rene Descartes and pragmatism, whose maxim of evaluation of phenomena according to their practical application resonated with me on a personal level more so than any idealistic theory of knowing. I had grown despondent with the metaphysics of Kant, raising counter-skepticism towards the claim that the possibility of knowledge independent of the senses is an existential futility, that we, as humans, are unable to grasp the unknowable noumenon as the thing in itself, which Word annoyingly wants me to consider correcting to just “thing”, even after ignoring it several times.

>> No.14371728

>>14371723
>read numerous wiki articles

>> No.14371796

>>14371728
Objecting to this idea, and the fact that it had attainted such widespread espousal, I shake my head in disbelief at these pseudo thinkers. Did you know that sourdough is a bread made by the fermentation of dough using naturally occurring lactobacilli and yeast, which produces a sourer taste and better inherent keeping qualities than say, bread made with baker’s yeast, mostly due to the lactic acid produced by the bacteria? Does it matter to you if we can claim to know the real nature of bacteria, acid, dough or even air is, which are all central components in the production of sourdough bread? Cartesian doubt is a systematic process of being skeptical about the truth of one’s belief, which many see as the root of the modern scientific method with the goal of sorting out true from false claims, whereas its philosophical twin approaches the question of the possibility of certain knowledge, by breaking down the truths into smaller units that are then to be solved individually, which from an operational viewpoint, to me, seems perfectly logical. The problem arises when we move into hyperbolic doubt, also known as the tendency to doubt in an extreme or exaggerated degree, which goes beyond not merely all reasonable theories or hierarchies of knowledge, but resorts to almost anti-realist like cries of objections in completely uncalled for pursuits of inquiry.