[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 226 KB, 1500x852, Sci Fi Background 01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1429438 No.1429438 [Reply] [Original]

This may seem like a strange sorta topic, but I realized while churning out another page of writing that I sometimes really need good music to write with.

Currently, my writing is benefiting from listening to "Still Alive" from the Mirror's Edge soundtrack... I'm writing a semi-hard-tech sci-fi space-opera, and for some reason the music fits (in my head) with the story (also equally in my head).

So, two questions:
1. Does anyone know other music of this ilk that would assist, and where I can download and/or listen to it? Youtube is of limited use, since I have to keep going and clicking on the next song or whatever.

2. What kind of music do you listen to when you write? Does it vary with what you're writing, or do you have artists/bands/songs that you always prefer to listen to when putting fingers to keyboard?

Pic mostly unrelated (but also helping inspire parts of my book)

>> No.1429450

I find Crystal Castles especially inspiring.

I write with music or without it and i've never seen much change. But post-rock, black metal, and screamo are awesome as i can feel how the music could be the soundtrack of my stories and prose style. Then again, Crystal Castles is my muse.

>> No.1429590

I'm a pretty big fan of Hawksley Workman, myself. Although it does result in a somewhat sporatic writing-style.

>> No.1429619
File: 67 KB, 500x375, merz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I find Crystal Castles especially inspiring
KOZ baby where art thou

>> No.1429625

rachmaninoff