[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 200 KB, 413x352, 645454646464646464.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14274578 No.14274578 [Reply] [Original]

Are you ready

>Religion is the revelation to man of his divine and eternal destiny.

>> No.14274607

A really stupid woman I used to work with used to urge me to read this book.

>> No.14274614

>>14274607
What makes you say she was really stupid?

>> No.14274625

>>14274578
this is currently the most dangerous book on earth

>> No.14274635
File: 186 KB, 400x354, 554646546546464.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274625
Why?

>> No.14274645
File: 24 KB, 337x252, thought_adjuster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Urantia Free Online
https://bigbluebook.org/

>Powerful Urantia Search Engine
http://www.starspring.com/online/ubsearch/ubsearch.html

>URANTIA BOOK AUDIO AIRS 24 HOURS A DAY
https://urantiaradio.net/radio-stream/

>Science is a quantitative experience, religion a qualitative experience, as regards man's life on earth. Science deals with phenomena; religion, with origins, values, and goals. To assign causes as an explanation of physical phenomena is to confess ignorance of ultimates and in the end only leads the scientist straight back to the first great cause—the Universal Father of Paradise.

>> No.14274656

>>14274635
It's too powerful.

>> No.14274664

>>14274645
literally hundreds of pages worth of schizoposting.

>> No.14274675

>>14274664
I'm curious of one who holds such an opinion, what are your current beliefs? Are you a Christian, an Atheist?

The writing is too advanced and brilliant to be just 'schizoposting'; even if one was to take the implausible stance that it is fiction it would still be a work of utter genius.

>> No.14274705

>>14274614
She started conversations about things she didn't know anything about and routinely misinterpreted what people said. She also read this retarded Urantia Book, which is so clearly an obvious fraud concocted by a bunch of charlatans. So, there's that as well.

>> No.14274721

>>14274705
I am thinking you are prejudice and maybe you are the stupid one.

>> No.14274751
File: 198 KB, 552x456, 575765676575.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

>> No.14274753
File: 12 KB, 195x259, 21431241234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274578
Why read this when I can just read Picrelated?

>> No.14274764
File: 88 KB, 1648x926, 1571181942249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From what I've read from it (and if it isn't true of course,) for a work of pure insanity the book is extremely well written. I would recommend a try of it to anyone who likes both Philip Dick and the Bible as literature. My favorite part of the thing I got while skimming through the chapter summaries was that Satan apparently wrote a fucking manifesto concerning his diabolical beliefs before getting kicked out of heaven.

>> No.14274768

>>14274578
What does this book say about Islam? that will decide for me how authentic it is

>> No.14274783
File: 315 KB, 440x364, 1432973493073.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274753
Read both

But Christianity is a mighty religion, seeing that the commonplace disciples of a crucified carpenter set in motion those teachings which conquered the Roman world in three hundred years and then went on to triumph over the barbarians who overthrew Rome. This same Christianity conquered—absorbed and exalted—the whole stream of Hebrew theology and Greek philosophy. And then, when this Christian religion became comatose for more than a thousand years as a result of an overdose of mysteries and paganism, it resurrected itself and virtually reconquered the whole Western world. Christianity contains enough of Jesus' teachings to immortalize it.

>> No.14274786

>>14274768
92:6.19.Islam is the religio-cultural connective of North Africa, the Levant, and southeastern Asia. It was Jewish theology in connection with the later Christian teachings that made Islam monotheistic. The followers of Mohammed stumbled at the advanced teachings of the Trinity; they could not comprehend the doctrine of three divine personalities and one Deity. It is always difficult to induce evolutionary minds suddenly to accept advanced revealed truth. Man is an evolutionary creature and in the main must get his religion by evolutionary techniques.
---

95:7.5.There was only one factor of a tribal, racial, or national nature about the primitive and unorganized beliefs of the desert, and that was the peculiar and general respect which almost all Arabian tribes were willing to pay to a certain black stone fetish in a certain temple at Mecca. This point of common contact and reverence subsequently led to the establishment of the Islamic religion. What Yahweh, the volcano spirit, was to the Jewish Semites, the Kaaba stone became to their Arabic cousins.

95:7.6.The strength of Islam has been its clear-cut and well-defined presentation of Allah as the one and only Deity; its weakness, the association of military force with its promulgation, together with its degradation of woman. But it has steadfastly held to its presentation of the One Universal Deity of all, "who knows the invisible and the visible. He is the merciful and the compassionate." "Truly God is plenteous in goodness to all men." "And when I am sick, it is he who heals me." "For whenever as many as three speak together, God is present as a fourth," for is he not "the first and the last, also the seen and the hidden"?

>> No.14274820

>>14274753
>Nietzsche did not demur of Jesus, saying he was the "only one true Christian". He presented a Christ whose own inner life consisted of "blessedness in peace, in gentleness, in the inability for enmity."[35] There is much criticism by Nietzsche of the organized institution of Christianity and its class of priests. Christ's evangelism consisted of the good news that the kingdom of God is within you.[40] "What are the 'glad tidings'? True life, eternal life is found—it is not promised, it is here, it is within you: as life lived in love....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Antichrist_(book)#Jesus

195:10.8.Ecclesiasticism is at once and forever incompatible with that living faith, growing spirit, and firsthand experience of the faith-comrades of Jesus in the brotherhood of man in the spiritual association of the kingdom of heaven. The praiseworthy desire to preserve traditions of past achievement often leads to the defense of outgrown systems of worship. The well-meant desire to foster ancient thought systems effectually prevents the sponsoring of new and adequate means and methods designed to satisfy the spiritual longings of the expanding and advancing minds of modern men.

195:10.12.But the Christianity of even the twentieth century must not be despised. It is the product of the combined moral genius of the God-knowing men of many races during many ages, and it has truly been one of the greatest powers for good on earth, and therefore no man should lightly regard it, notwithstanding its inherent and acquired defects. Christianity still contrives to move the minds of reflective men with mighty moral emotions.

>> No.14274826

>>14274786
>Muslims are too dumb to understand the Trinity
>Black Stone fetish
>Degrades women

Yeah I think ill pass, this is clearly just Anti Islam propaganda. Sufism is enough for me to know that the original teachings of Jesus still exist in Islam

>> No.14274828

>>14274675
It's new age bullshit.

>> No.14274834

>>14274828
It's not.

>> No.14274842

>>14274826
It just states it as it is.

84:5.6.The early Chinese and the Greeks treated women better than did most surrounding peoples. But the Hebrews were exceedingly distrustful of them. In the Occident woman has had a difficult climb under the Pauline doctrines which became attached to Christianity, although Christianity did advance the mores by imposing more stringent sex obligations upon man. Woman's estate is little short of hopeless under the peculiar degradation which attaches to her in Mohammedanism, and she fares even worse under the teachings of several other Oriental religions.

>> No.14274849

>>14274578
Mormonism > Urantia
Baha'i > Urantia
Ahmadiyya > Urantia
It has an edge when it comes to integrity over Scientology but even Scientology is more entertaining in the end. Literally why would you study Urantia when you have better modern faiths to study?

>> No.14274853

>>14274820
>But the Christianity of even the twentieth century must not be despised.

It absolutely should be despised. Modern Christianity is but a shadow of the original teachings of Jesus and has tuned into a bunch of larpers with closed minds.

Nietzsche was absolutely correct about the state of Christianity/Christians and the Kingdom of Heaven being within

>>14274842
>Woman's estate is little short of hopeless under the peculiar degradation which attaches to her in Mohammedanism,

This is Neoliberal Propaganda.
Telling women to dress modestly isnt degrading, Patriarchy isnt degrading. Muslim women actually enjoy being modest (I know, an absolutely shocking view to western women isnt it?)
>>14274849
Based

>> No.14274856
File: 160 KB, 234x283, 48475658944.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274849
>either/or false dichotomy mentality

Absorb the truths and wisdoms of all religions.

92:7.3.The many religions of Urantia are all good to the extent that they bring man to God and bring the realization of the Father to man. It is a fallacy for any group of religionists to conceive of their creed as The Truth; such attitudes bespeak more of theological arrogance than of certainty of faith. There is not a Urantia religion that could not profitably study and assimilate the best of the truths contained in every other faith, for all contain truth. Religionists would do better to borrow the best in their neighbors' living spiritual faith rather than to denounce the worst in their lingering superstitions and outworn rituals.

92:7.4.All these religions have arisen as a result of man's variable intellectual response to his identical spiritual leading. They can never hope to attain a uniformity of creeds, dogmas, and rituals—these are intellectual; but they can, and some day will, realize a unity in true worship of the Father of all, for this is spiritual, and it is forever true, in the spirit all men are equal.

>> No.14274860

>>14274856
>Absorb the truths and wisdoms of all religions.

I agree, but I would rather read Julius Evola and Rene Guenon than this pseudo religious garbage

>> No.14274876

>>14274860
>pseudo religious garbage

To prematurely dismiss the book out of hand is intellectually dishonest.

101:7.2.A philosophy of religion evolves out of a basic growth of ideas plus experimental living as both are modified by the tendency to imitate associates. The soundness of philosophic conclusions depends on keen, honest, and discriminating thinking in connection with sensitivity to meanings and accuracy of evaluation. Moral cowards never achieve high planes of philosophic thinking; it requires courage to invade new levels of experience and to attempt the exploration of unknown realms of intellectual living.

>> No.14274883

>>14274856
But this is why Mormonism and Baha'i/Ahmadiyya are better. The latter two are better than Urantia because this unification of religions thing was their thing before Urantia existed. As for the Mormons, they haven't codified it, but they are fully receptive of the possibility that other world religions originated in real revelations from God, corrupted somewhere along the way. It has to do with some passage in the Book of Mormon about 'other sheep'.

>> No.14274884
File: 16 KB, 333x499, 316P2RMRJjL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274876
Philosophy of Religion is fine. But your book claims to be a new revelation from God (or Angels whatever)
Like so many others that have come along since the 1800's... >>14274849

Picrelated has retroactively refuted you

>> No.14274888

>>14274883
Baha'i/Ahmadiyya are garbage Jewish/Liberal propaganda.
But they are still better than Urantia.

Mormonism is a very interesting religion. The fact that it dosent try to "force" Perennialism makes me think it is a somewhat legitimate revelation.
But I would need to find a way to reconcile Islam + Mormonism, since Muhummad was supposed to be the last Prophet...

>> No.14274892

>>14274883
>>14274883
>was their thing before Urantia existed

Appeal to Tradition/Age Fallacy (Its older so its better!)
Obviously this is not proof that these are better or more correct.

>>14274884
Poor argument.
Even if you were to conclusively prove that all other 'revelations of God' that came before were 100% fradulent, that is not proof that the Urantia papers are likewise.

>> No.14274895
File: 56 KB, 621x702, 52352453254.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274892
>The other new age revelations are wrong but mine is right

You guys are literally just as bad as the Bahaifags

And dont try saying that Ahmadiyya/bahai are both right, because the founders of both religions BOTH claimed to be the Imam Mahdi....

>> No.14274918

>>14274895
Both can contain wisdom and spiritual truth, it doesnt mean every single belief that these various religionists have are 100% correct; but holding erroneous beliefs doesnt mean that the gist of their religious experience and insight are not valid.

103:1.4.Rationalism is wrong when it assumes that religion is at first a primitive belief in something which is then followed by the pursuit of values. Religion is primarily a pursuit of values, and then there formulates a system of interpretative beliefs. It is much easier for men to agree on religious values—goals—than on beliefs—interpretations. And this explains how religion can agree on values and goals while exhibiting the confusing phenomenon of maintaining a belief in hundreds of conflicting beliefs—creeds. This also explains why a given person can maintain his religious experience in the face of giving up or changing many of his religious beliefs. Religion persists in spite of revolutionary changes in religious beliefs. Theology does not produce religion; it is religion that produces theologic philosophy.

>> No.14275982

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the first 500 pages which is just passages like these over and over until I want to shoot myself:

> 9:1.1 The Third Source and Center is known by many names, all designative of relationship and in recognition of function: As God the Spirit, he is the personality co-ordinate and divine equal of God the Son and God the Father. As the Infinite Spirit, he is an omnipresent spiritual influence. As the Universal Manipulator, he is the ancestor of the power-control creatures and the activator of the cosmic forces of space. As the Conjoint Actor, he is the joint representative and partnership executive of the Father-Son. As the Absolute Mind, he is the source of the endowment of intellect throughout the universes. As the God of Action, he is the apparent ancestor of motion, change, and relationship.

>9:1.2 Some of the attributes of the Third Source and Center are derived from the Father, some from the Son, while still others are not observed to be actively and personally present in either the Father or the Son—attributes that can hardly be explained except by assuming that the Father-Son partnership which eternalizes the Third Source and Center consistently functions in consonance with, and in recognition of, the eternal fact of the absoluteness of Paradise. The Conjoint Creator embodies the fullness of the combined and infinite concepts of the First and Second Persons of Deity.

>9:1.3 While you envisage the Father as an original creator and the Son as a spiritual administrator, you should think of the Third Source and Center as a universal co-ordinator, a minister of unlimited co-operation. The Conjoint Actor is the correlator of all actual reality; he is the Deity repository of the Father’s thought and the Son’s word and in action is eternally regardful of the material absoluteness of the central Isle. The Paradise Trinity has ordained the universal order of progress, and the providence of God is the domain of the Conjoint Creator and the evolving Supreme Being. No actual or actualizing reality can escape eventual relationship with the Third Source and Center.

It goes like this for hundreds of fucking pages, presenting the universe as some type of bureaucracy with a trinity and trinity sons but also paradise sons who are slightly different from the paradise sons and a conjoint actor which is different from the universal actor, and the mental is different from the spiritual and there’s seven universes in a superuniverse and a local system headquarters and planetary princes and a galactic spirit JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I’m just skipping to the interesting parts, fuck it

>> No.14277379
File: 84 KB, 640x463, f5d9a713db48e156b82dd54e27f3269ff8fd4b1ced284dff709a94419c0433df.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14275982
There are difficult parts and there is no problem skipping to any paper that interests you.

I really like the middle section and I think it is more accessible and less of a pleb filter for the average person.

Paper 85. The Origins of Worship
Paper 86. Early Evolution of Religion
Paper 87. The Ghost Cults
Paper 88. Fetishes, Charms, and Magic
Paper 89. Sin, Sacrifice, and Atonement
Paper 90. Shamanism—Medicine Men and Priests
Paper 91. The Evolution of Prayer
Paper 92. The Later Evolution of Religion
Paper 93. Machiventa Melchizedek
Paper 94. The Melchizedek Teachings in the Orient
Paper 95. The Melchizedek Teachings in the Levant
Paper 96. Yahweh—God of the Hebrews
Paper 97. Evolution of the God Concept among the Hebrews
Paper 98. The Melchizedek Teachings in the Occident
Paper 99. The Social Problems of Religion
Paper 100. Religion in Human Experience
Paper 101. The Real Nature of Religion
Paper 102. The Foundations of Religious Faith
Paper 103. The Reality of Religious Experience
Paper 104. Growth of the Trinity Concept
Paper 105. Deity and Reality
Paper 106. Universe Levels of Reality

>> No.14277402

>>14274721
You think anon is prejudice just because of his view on the book. Well that's retarded

>> No.14277716

>>14277402
Because of the nature of his view and how he expresses himself regarding his co-worker, it is not an unreasonable conclusion.

>> No.14277892

>>14274888
Mormonism is also one of the few religions to actually avoid the sort of rehashed monism and/or nihilism that a lot of perennialists tap into.The whole thing about reality really being one (see: Kabbalah, Theologia Germanica, Sufism, Advaita Hinduism, Taoism), or about reality really being nothing (Buddhism). The only other main religion to do this is Jainism. In fact Mormonism and Jainism have a lot in common. They both share a belief in eternal, uncreated elements from which the universe is built up from, and they both share a belief that man can become divine (omnipotent, omniscient).

>> No.14277916
File: 344 KB, 702x366, 8364056564560.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is The Urantia Book that "Greater Record to Come" as Prophesied in the Book of Mormon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_F1xJl9RM
LDS & Urantia Revelation: No Monopoly on Truth and Continuing Revelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WxDQ2SwfWw

>> No.14277941

>>14277916
>Is The Urantia Book that "Greater Record to Come" as Prophesied in the Book of Mormon?
No.
>Some differences with Christianity include: Jesus' crucifixion is not considered an atonement for the sins of humanity.[68]
Mormonism on the other hand does consider Jesus to have atoned for the sins of humanity. The Book of Mormon supports the view that Jesus came to atone for man.
>Jesus was born on Earth through natural means of conception instead of a virgin birth.[87]
Mormonism accepts the virgin birth. It's even in the Book of Mormon.
>Jesus did not walk on water or perform some of the miracles that are attributed to him in the Bible.[88]
Well that's just dumb. Mormons don't deny a single miracle Jesus worked according to the Bible.

>> No.14278048

>>14277941
The Bible and Mormonism got a lot of things wrong, part of the purpose of the Urantia revelation is to correct some of these mistakes.

101:4.4.In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence.

101:4.5.Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:

1. The reduction of confusion by the authoritative elimination of error.
2. The co-ordination of known or about-to-be-known facts and observations.
3. The restoration of important bits of lost knowledge concerning epochal transactions in the distant past.
4. The supplying of information which will fill in vital missing gaps in otherwise earned knowledge.
5. Presenting cosmic data in such a manner as to illuminate the spiritual teachings contained in the accompanying revelation.

>> No.14278061

>>14274578
WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL UP

>> No.14278085
File: 175 KB, 55x55, 098075968-01.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14278061
Because its the best thread in the catalog right now?

>You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one's belief.

>> No.14278117
File: 554 KB, 250x188, 1482204508542.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274578
My mom read that book, shes loves it. So I read it and thats when I realized my mom is retarded.

>> No.14278216

>>14278117
I doubt you read it and I doubt you even read.
You are probably trolling but tell us why you think so, give an in depth criticism, else your comment is meaningless.

>> No.14278263

>>14278048
>101:4.4.In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence.
Yes, judge religions by their fruits. Has Urantia produced any miracles? The signs follow them that believe, says the New Testament. When you start saying Jesus himself didn't work miracles, you start undermining one of the important epistemological arguments in favor of a revealed Abrahamic religion. The Mormons in the early days were super well known for their miracles, and they've only quieted down in the 20th century because of a general culture of silence that set in. Why believe Urantia instead of Mormonism?

>> No.14278390

>>14278263
The proof of Urantia's divine origin is the book itself, its substance and quality; the revelation speaks for itself. Jesus did perform miracles, but as Urantia puts it:

102:8.7.But religion is never enhanced by an appeal to the so-called miraculous. The quest for miracles is a harking back to the primitive religions of magic. True religion has nothing to do with alleged miracles, and never does revealed religion point to miracles as proof of authority.

149:2.7.When the Creator himself was on earth, incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, it was inevitable that some extraordinary things should happen. But you should never approach Jesus through these so-called miraculous occurrences. Learn to approach the miracle through Jesus, but do not make the mistake of approaching Jesus through the miracle. And this admonition is warranted, notwithstanding that Jesus of Nazareth is the only founder of a religion who performed supermaterial acts on earth.

>> No.14278821
File: 160 KB, 689x403, 1431113902957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14274753
>>14274820
Institutional Religion
>Sectarianism is a disease of institutional religion, and dogmatism is an enslavement of the spiritual nature. It is far better to have a religion without a church than a church without religion.

Seems Nietzsche is in accordance with Urantia here

>> No.14278835

>>14278821
99:6.3.But as religion becomes institutionalized, its power for good is curtailed, while the possibilities for evil are greatly multiplied. The dangers of formalized religion are: fixation of beliefs and crystallization of sentiments; accumulation of vested interests with increase of secularization; tendency to standardize and fossilize truth; diversion of religion from the service of God to the service of the church; inclination of leaders to become administrators instead of ministers; tendency to form sects and competitive divisions; establishment of oppressive ecclesiastical authority; creation of the aristocratic "chosen-people" attitude; fostering of false and exaggerated ideas of sacredness; the routinizing of religion and the petrification of worship; tendency to venerate the past while ignoring present demands; failure to make up-to-date interpretations of religion; entanglement with functions of secular institutions; it creates the evil discrimination of religious castes; it becomes an intolerant judge of orthodoxy; it fails to hold the interest of adventurous youth and gradually loses the saving message of the gospel of eternal salvation.

>> No.14278880

>>14274856
Cringe crypto-cuckstianity.

>> No.14278915

>>14278061
To be fair, it is about a book, even if that book is a total hoax.

>> No.14278920

>>14278880
Edgy!

>> No.14279910
File: 144 KB, 447x459, 1432180576505.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

136:8.5.Jesus was fully aware of the short cuts open to one of his powers. He knew many ways in which the attention of the nation, and the whole world, could be immediately focused upon himself. Soon the Passover would be celebrated at Jerusalem; the city would be thronged with visitors. He could ascend the pinnacle of the temple and before the bewildered multitude walk out on the air; that would be the kind of a Messiah they were looking for. But he would subsequently disappoint them since he had not come to re-establish David's throne. And he knew the futility of the Caligastia method of trying to get ahead of the natural, slow, and sure way of accomplishing the divine purpose. Again the Son of Man bowed obediently to the Father's way, the Father's will.

>> No.14280620

>>14279910
Hey friend... Urantia is very interesting for my way...

>> No.14280645

>>14280620
hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4vkbg5jsU

>> No.14280670

>>14280645
Serious friend, this book while not a religion... Opens a door for me to think in. Where my thoughts are let out to wander and to roam in wonder, I have excavated many religions and philosophies and have dug gold many a times. This book is my new high, my new uukon gold rush, as pretty as the northern sky, a new scene full of colors that I'd never believe. Aurora borealis, stairs climbing through up to the holy star palace.

Thanks anon you woken a new thingy inside of me.

>> No.14280677

>>14280645
On another note.. I will dig through these texts and discover it's hidden Creed, I'll defend it's truth and scour it's sour seeds.

>> No.14280735
File: 2.86 MB, 2200x1295, 1556495063660.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14280670
>>14280677
That is wonderful and beautifully put; there is something extraordinary about this text, above everything I have come across so far in my explorations and I am glad you appreciate it.

101:2.14.Your deepest nature—the divine Adjuster—creates within you a hunger and thirst for righteousness, a certain craving for divine perfection. Religion is the faith act of the recognition of this inner urge to divine attainment; and thus is brought about that soul trust and assurance of which you become conscious as the way of salvation, the technique of the survival of personality and all those values which you have come to look upon as being true and good.

101:2.15.The realization of religion never has been, and never will be, dependent on great learning or clever logic. It is spiritual insight, and that is just the reason why some of the world's greatest religious teachers, even the prophets, have sometimes possessed so little of the wisdom of the world. Religious faith is available alike to the learned and the unlearned.

>> No.14280745

>>14280735
My only problem is I can see the humans hand work more than the spirit in these texts.

The names of things, the naming of things, the extreme systemization of the order.

Most of this stuff is fluff for sci fi to work on, but the spiritual truths it aims to rely seem untainted. Very odd, I wonder which worker was with this individual.

>> No.14280756
File: 219 KB, 868x1024, 5742939346464.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14280670
Also are there any religions or philosophies you would suggest to explore?

I highly recommend the Guru Granth Sahib, the very worshipful and meditative holy book of Sikhism, very underrated

http://srigranth.org/

https://www.sikhnet.com/radio/akhandpath-english

>> No.14280772

>>14280756
Tbh I can only recommend prayer, obedience, hope, faith, love.
There are some divine truths I hope you come to find on your own... But to which ones you supplement your self with are not for me to decree. I am but a beggar and I am satisfied with this bread.

>> No.14280828

>>14274664
that sounds like a selling point though??

>> No.14280830

>>14274753
Why read Nietzsche when you can read Carlyle?

>> No.14281283

>>14274705
What's wrong with reading a supposedly fraudulent book simply because you are interested in what it says?

>> No.14283051
File: 213 KB, 367x369, 08000098888789.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14280772
Thank you

>>14280828
>>14281283
Ha!

>> No.14283977
File: 110 KB, 460x522, 1433883811524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14278061
KEEPING IT ALIVE FOR YOU :)

>> No.14284301

So this is just schizophrenic religious beliefs recontexualized veiled in Patience Worth-esque gimmickry?

>> No.14284341

>>14284301
Why exactly do you think that?
The ideas expressed in the book are too coherent and advanced to be simply dismissed as 'schizophrenic nonsense'.

>> No.14285163

>>14284341
Because it's looks like attempted syncretism of misguided interpretations of various philosophies. Perhaps not nonsense, but certainly produced by overeager wishful thinking.

>> No.14285191

i tried to read the book in college. i had to request it through interlibrary loan and im 50% sure i accidentally left a baggie of methoxetamine inside of it. possibly deliberately in a mxe craze. i remember i liked reading about the hierarchy of civilization in the universe. very schizotypisch though.

>> No.14285222

>>14285163
>misguided
>overeager wishful thinking

Explain further or provide examples else its just a superficial opinion.
What makes it misguided? How are you certain it is 'overeager wishful thinking?

>> No.14285249

>>14285191
Read it when you are sober.

>schizo
Its crazy, man! Its such a weasel word.

>> No.14285313

>>14285249
divisions of hierarchies is very much schizo. that's not to say it's completely unintelligible, but as someone who works with schizophrenics it does come across that way
quote me one passage that you think is genuinely well-written

>> No.14286219
File: 754 KB, 1000x1632, 1555802554059.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

91:4.5.

Remember, even if prayer does not change God, it very often effects great and lasting changes in the one who prays in faith and confident expectation. Prayer has been the ancestor of much peace of mind, cheerfulness, calmness, courage, self-mastery, and fair-mindedness in the men and women of the evolving races.

>> No.14286261

>>14285313
>>14285313
>divisions of hierarchies is very much schizo
Substantiate this claim to prove to me you know what you are talking about.
How are divisions of hierarchies 'very much schizo'?

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/schizophrenia
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml

>> No.14286281

>>14286261
>How are divisions of hierarchies 'very much schizo'?

I'm not that anon but I can explain this.

Shcizo thinking is usually divergent and tangent thinking that groups and categorizes each individual thought. It then systemizes them to work off each tangent as a function.

Understanding this, it is quite easy to see why it is considered schizo style thinking.

>> No.14286283

>>14285313
>quote me one passage that you think is genuinely well-written

103:9.12. There is a reality in religious experience that is proportional to the spiritual content, and such a reality is transcendent to reason, science, philosophy, wisdom, and all other human achievements. The convictions of such an experience are unassailable; the logic of religious living is incontrovertible; the certainty of such knowledge is superhuman; the satisfactions are superbly divine, the courage indomitable, the devotions unquestioning, the loyalties supreme, and the destinies final—eternal, ultimate, and universal.

>> No.14286298

Urantia is the Iching for western civilization

>> No.14286307

>>14286281
I dont think you know what you are talking about either.

>Tangential speech or tangentiality is a communication disorder in which the train of thought of the speaker wanders and shows a lack of focus, never returning to the initial topic of the conversation

This has nothing to do with the descriptions in the Urantia papers, which are well-ordered and complex.

I think you guys dont understand what schizophrenia is.

>> No.14286334

>>14285313
>quote me one passage that you think is genuinely well-written

Heres another:

101:10.8.When you experience such a transformation of faith, you are no longer a slavish part of the mathematical cosmos but rather a liberated volitional son of the Universal Father. No longer is such a liberated son fighting alone against the inexorable doom of the termination of temporal existence; no longer does he combat all nature, with the odds hopelessly against him; no longer is he staggered by the paralyzing fear that, perchance, he has put his trust in a hopeless phantasm or pinned his faith to a fanciful error.

101:10.9.Now, rather, are the sons of God enlisted together in fighting the battle of reality's triumph over the partial shadows of existence. At last all creatures become conscious of the fact that God and all the divine hosts of a well-nigh limitless universe are on their side in the supernal struggle to attain eternity of life and divinity of status. Such faith-liberated sons have certainly enlisted in the struggles of time on the side of the supreme forces and divine personalities of eternity; even the stars in their courses are now doing battle for them; at last they gaze upon the universe from within, from God's viewpoint, and all is transformed from the uncertainties of material isolation to the sureties of eternal spiritual progression. Even time itself becomes but the shadow of eternity cast by Paradise realities upon the moving panoply of space.

>> No.14286341

>>14286307
Just because something wanders and shows a lack of focus it does not mean they can't build up an entire belief system.
Btw I'm not hating on this book I think it has a bunch of divine wisdom.