[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 243 KB, 1440x900, Overlord-1204.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1425741 No.1425741 [Reply] [Original]

Control and Power
Power and Control

For the longest time, I have been studying plots and such and I have come to the the conclusion that at least 90% if not more, of the stories out right now are dealing with this.

What do men with power want? more Power.

Its like every single story out there is dealing with someone wanting to destroy or control something.

The reason why we don't have orginal stories anymore is because everyone keeps doing the same thing! I go to the library and the majority not all but most, are dealing with something dealing with control,destruction and power.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but is there stories and stories that aren't dealing with these things and can still tell a story of adventure, love and action?

I might be looking in the wrong places who knows, but its like every villain is the same nowadays.

>> No.1425751

It's almost as if you think you can be profound and unoriginal at the same time.

>> No.1425754

I am just now realizing that I don't even remember the last time I read a book with a "villain".

>> No.1425758
File: 26 KB, 446x480, nietzsche_portrait.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gee OP, I wonder why that could be.

It's a mystery, I guess.

>> No.1425772

>>1425754
OP is partially right.

I do agree with you though, but in storytelling without a "antagonist" there is no story.

Just look at Twilight