[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 225 KB, 1024x640, spiritofevropa-1024x640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14253696 No.14253696 [Reply] [Original]

>Now, something else I might have mentioned at some stage is the question: "Should you read fantasy, should you read science fiction, should you read anything that isn't a ”facts” book or a philosophy book"? It depends, it depends where you are in life. A lot of students are watching this, and you have a lot of books to read for your university studies. Therefore it might not be the best idea to read another heavy book in terms of intellectual ”stuff”. It might be better to read something immersive instead. And it's the same thing if we're talking about getting motivation as I mentioned earlier in this video. If you want motivation to do something hard, for example gym motivation to push yourself in the gym, it might be better for you to read something like a historical book, a science fiction book or a fantasy book that makes you eager to pursue your goals. That might be a better idea than to read a book by Julius Evola that you don't really get all too much from.

>Now of course I do like certain parts from Julius Evola, but if I had to choose between reading Malus Darkblade or a book by Julius Evola, say Ride the Tiger, yeah I will be completely honest, I gained more motivation and it had a larger impact on me to read Malus. Simple as that. I will not pretend to enjoy everything Julius Evola writes, because he wrote his books a long time ago and they're translated from the original language which is Italian, and some of his thoughts are not really applicapable to society. Then of course other thoughts, such as riding the tiger, racial materialism and the quality of the soul are all concepts I like very much.

>But if we are talking about pushing through and getting that motivation, fantasy is an absolutely legitimate way of doing so. I would encourage everyone to not be pretentious, same thing as when I talked about Moby Dick. I didn't want to be all ”oh this is a great classic that I enjoyed so much and everyone has to read it”. Because I would lie if I said that. I didn't enjoy reading Moby Dick. Because it's ultimately the utility of books aswell. Can you get motivation from it, or can you not?

>> No.14253711

>>14253696
I always thought his narcissism is tongue in cheek but this nigga is dead serious about it and it's kind of embarrassing, or cringe as the kids say these days.

>> No.14253722

It cracks me up how this utterly ugly turd keeps dreaming up new ways to hide his face in photos.

>> No.14253733

>>14253696
> I’ll take poorly articulated American pragmatism for 200, Alex

>> No.14254236

>>14253722
t. skinny soiboy cope

>> No.14254540

>>14253696
I loved reading Moby-Dick, so there.

>> No.14254624
File: 39 KB, 680x838, 1557986289994.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>why yes I do enjoy reading classics, both modern and from antiquity, as well as trashy warhammer fantasy/40k novels.
>what, your taste is too plateaued and peer review oriented to have such a wide range? well im sorry for you.

>> No.14254677

>>14254624
>>>why yes I do enjoy reading classics, both modern and from antiquity,
He clearly doesn't, as he couldn't get through Moby-Dick.

>> No.14254684

>>14253696
I love how he tries to be smarter than the average meathead but fails every time.

>> No.14254748
File: 52 KB, 333x333, hhhehehe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14253696
>a book by Julius Evola that you don't really get all too much from
Well, he's right about that part at least.