[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 19 KB, 612x408, plato.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14232017 No.14232017 [Reply] [Original]

Looking for anything on Plato's generative good and accelerationism.
I can explain briefly but my knowledge of Plato is cursory at best.
Basically, according to Plato, the ideal state it must be ruled by justice. Justice must be dispensed for every individual by every individual being educated on how to properly organize their soul; the consequence of organizing every single individual's soul is the production of the perfect state, good begets good. The consequence of not paying attention to the moral nature and the soul of every individual is pure chaos. The further we get away from governing for a true moral end (Plato says this begins when private property is brought into the picture) the perfect state begins its decline into chaos, bad begets bad. This is basically accelerationism (i think), the idea that capitalism is inherently flawed and can only lead to its own demise.
I'd appreciate if anyone could lead me in the right direction with anything to read.
thanks friends <3

>> No.14232046
File: 1.12 MB, 1988x1850, Osho_HD_005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People even follow, but then too they follow out of misunderstanding. Just becoming a follower does not change anything in your life. It is not a question of following somebody: it is a question of understanding somebody who is awakened. Hence, I don't call you my followers but only my friends. If you can be my friends, if you can be in deep love and trust here in my presence, if you can be present to my presence, if we can face each other and mirror each other, tremendously important things will start happening of their own accord, because your heart will understand, and when the heart understands, immediately transformation happens.

When the head understands, then it asks, "How? Yes it is right; now, how can it be done?" Remember this difference: in the head, knowledge and action are two different things; in the heart, knowledge is action.

Socrates says: "Knowledge is virtue" and he has not been understood down the ages. Even his own disciples, Plato and Aristotle, did not understand him rightly. When he says that knowledge is virtue, he means there is a way of listening and understanding in which the moment you understand a thing you can't do otherwise. When you see that this is the door, then you cannot try to get out through the wall, you will get out through the door. Seeing means acting, seeing brings action.

If when I tell you, "This is the door. Whenever you want to get out, please get out through this door, because you have hurt your head enough by trying to get out through the wall," you say, "Yes, sir, I understand perfectly well, but how to get out through the door?" your question will show that the heart has not listened, only the head. The head always asks "How?"

>> No.14232366

Can the concept of accelerationism apply to someone with a cyclical theory of politics?