[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 280x280, Yudkowsky.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14219331 No.14219331 [Reply] [Original]

I have begun preparing for transhumanism. I am training myself to not be horny and find beauty in mathematics. Humanistic literature is thrown in the trash.

>> No.14219349
File: 119 KB, 500x500, rubber.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14219331
The only maths I need are 'you+me=<3'

>> No.14219386

you're supposed to become a polyamorist like your leader

>> No.14219474

>>14219331
>Training yourself to be the stereotype ageless shutin incel with bad bo
Transhumanism is not christcuckery. All evolution is driven by the will to power which is sex. Transhumanism is the urge to multiply yourself and sublimate the simply urge to fuck into physical self-transformation, treating your own incarnations as your progeny
Why is everyone on this board so vapid?

>> No.14219960

>>14219331
>Transhumanists throw humanism in the trash
kek, if only

>> No.14220882

>>14219386
Yud ain't sexing multiple women

>> No.14220898

>>14219474
It also about controlling and manipulating your biology.

>> No.14220908
File: 1.59 MB, 1067x1600, anti-tech revolution drones.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14219331
The techies of course will argue that even if the human body and brain as we know them become obsolete, immortality in the form (ii) can still be achieved: Man-machine hybrids will permanently retain their usefulness, because by linking themselves with ever-more-powerful machines human beings (or what is left of them) will be able to remain competitive with pure machines.

But man-machine hybrids will retain a biological component derived from human beings only as long as the human-derived biological component remains useful. When purely artificial components become available that provide a better cost-versus-benefit balance than human-derived biological components do, the latter will be discarded and the man-machine hybrids will lose their human aspect to become wholly artificial. Even if the human-derived biological components are retained they will be purged, step by step, of the human qualities that detract from their usefulness. The self-prop systems to which the man-machine hybrids belong will have no need for such human weaknesses as love, compassion, ethical feelings, esthetic appreciation, or desire for freedom. Human emotions in general will get in the way of the self-prop systems' utilization of the man-machine hybrids, so if the latter are to remain competitive they will have to be altered to remove their human emotions and replace these with other motivating forces. In short, even in the unlikely event that some biological remnants of the human race are preserved in the form of man-machine hybrids, these will be transformed into something totally alien to human beings as we know them today.

>> No.14220914
File: 1.15 MB, 1239x1758, mathematics is not worthwhile.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14220908
The same applies to the hypothesized survival of human minds in "uploaded" form inside machines. The uploaded minds will not be tolerated indefinitely unless they remain useful (that is, more useful than any substitutes not derived from human beings), and in order to remain useful they will have to be transformed until they no longer have anything in common with the human minds that exist today.

Some techies may consider this acceptable. But their dream of immortality is illusory nonetheless. Competition for survival among entities derived from human beings (whether man-machine hybrids, purely artificial entities evolved from such hybrids, or human minds uploaded into machines), as well as competition between human-derived entities and those machines or other entities that are not derived from human beings, will lead to the elimination of all but some minute percentage of all the entities involved. This has nothing to do with any specific traits of human beings or of their machines; it is a general principle of evolution through natural selection. Look at biological evolution: Of all the species that have ever existed on Earth, only some tiny percentage have direct descendants that are still alive today. On the basis of this principle alone, and even discounting everything else we've said in this chapter, the chances that any given techie will survive indefinitely are minute.

>> No.14220920
File: 179 KB, 1200x758, collapse cult.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14220914
The techies may answer that even if almost all biological species are eliminated eventually, many species survive for thousands or millions of years, so maybe techies too can survive for thousands or millions of years. But when large, rapid changes occur in the environment of biological species, both the rate of appearance of new species and the rate of extinction of existing species are greatly increased. Technological progress constantly accelerates, and techies like Ray Kurzweil insist that it will soon become virtually explosive; consequently, changes come more and more rapidly, everything happens faster and faster, competition among self-prop systems becomes more and more intense, and as the process gathers speed the losers in the struggle for survival will be eliminated ever more quickly. So, on the basis of the techies' own beliefs about the exponential acceleration of technological development, it's safe to say that the life-expectancies of human-derived entities, such as man-machine hybrids and human minds uploaded into machines, will actually be quite short. The seven-hundred year or thousand-year life-span to which some techies aspire is nothing but a pipe-dream.

>> No.14221735

>>14219474
Transhumanism is about overcoming base biological urges

>> No.14223020

>Transhumanism
is there a bigger bluepilled copout to ever exist? Yeah your nerd repture isnt gonna save you

>> No.14223028

>>14223020
Enjoy dying while transhumanist chads live on for literally fucking ever.

>> No.14223038

>>14223028
The point is that even if such a life is possible, it'll be a meaningless hell from which there is no escape.

>> No.14223200

>>14220908
You are speculating on an arc of history based upon current 'velocity.' It's important to note, humans are abysmal in such predictions. Which is to say, right now we see improvements in bits but not biology. The distinction between man and machine, metal and flesh is an arbitrary one.
I would be wary of underestimating transhuman biomechanical, or purely biological future.
Biological entities can't be mass produced, but they do self replicate on exponential growth.

>> No.14223245

>>14219331
Go fuck yourself.
Being human is not a crime.

>> No.14224246

>>14220882
Thats where you're wrong kiddo

>> No.14224265

>>14219349
heterosexuality was a mistake

>> No.14224278

>>14219349
I know my Calculus. It says you+me=us!

>> No.14224368

>>14219349
i could coom to this you know. it'd be so easy, so easy.

>> No.14224383

>>14220914
very disappointing that such a gifted mathematician doesn't consider math to be worth studying for its sake.

>> No.14224414

>>14219474
>All evolution is driven by the will to power which is sex.
>Why is everyone on this board so vapid?

>> No.14224533

>>14224383
He was gifted but he wasn't top top level. The real red pill is that Ted was fueled by cope.

>> No.14226186

>>14223245
It's not. But it is less than what we will be.