[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 24 KB, 480x250, fuck-these-shitty-books.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14179529 No.14179529 [Reply] [Original]

Found these books in my library and since I kind of enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the show, decided to give them a try.

>main heroine is an unlikable, lying shitbag with a literal plot device machine that basically guides her through the entire plot
>"good guys" are literal child kidnappers and murderers who commit more heinous atrocities than the actual bad guys of the series
>bad guys are never really explained as to why they are so much more horrible than the good guys other than because "something something Catholic Church"
>worst misapplication of Chekhov's Gun I've ever seen
>author can't seem to decide whether he wants to write a supernatural thriller or deliver an atheist sermon half the time
>series literally ends with two 12 year olds fucking for two or three chapters to save the universe or some shit

Jesus Christ, I can't even imagine how they are going to explain this shit in the show.