[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 509x411, 1511301953619.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14171512 No.14171512 [Reply] [Original]

are there any books that will make me feel?
something that will make me feel literally anything...

>> No.14171671

>>14171512
The Bible

>> No.14171678

>>14171671
as usual, fpbp

>> No.14171680
File: 15 KB, 350x262, 3367265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14171512
No lol

>> No.14171700

>>14171512
In the Dark Places of Wisdom by Peter Kingsley is a good read.

>> No.14171742

>>14171512
Grab a hardcover book, put your dick on the table and smash it with the book

>> No.14171766

>>14171742
>not giving your penis a paper cut with every single page of the book

pleb

>> No.14171768

>>14171512
This is just a troll post, right?
No. There’s no book. If you aren’t trolling, it’s still no. You have to get your life straightened out and you head right. I donno if you need a shrink or what, but a book isn’t going to do it.

Throw out your frog folder

>> No.14171786

>>14171512

I knocked an unabridged OED off the stand on to my foot once....
.. That hurt like hell...

>> No.14171840

>>14171768
Not OP, but this might not be the problem. I haven't been on this site in months, before that hadn't visited more frequently than once per week or so in a couple of years. And despite being a frequent browser and poster in my early 20s (now 26), I never succumbed to the juvenile meme culture here. I limit myself to 30 minutes of screen time per day outside of work or if I happen to watch a film. I eat healthy. I go to the gym regularly and have a robust social life despite more or less quitting drinking about a year ago (and all other psychoactive substances, including caffeine, long before that). I won't throw out superficial cliches about how my soul resembles an empty void or anything like that because I honestly dont even feel enough to identify with anything so hyperbolic. There is no happiness, sadness, excitement, passion or vigor in any capacity. Most upsetting to me is the inability to feel love for those close to me. I maintain a strong sense of empathy and prefer the company of some more than others, but it doesn't go much deeper than that. Just mundanity and greyness day in and day out. I made all these changes in my behavior not expecting my abstinence to be a cure-all for my depression, but thinking these healthy changes would have at least some positive effect on my psyche. I've been wrong. I just want to feel forcibly taken by an idea or completely immersed in a piece of literature like I used to. How do I fix this?

>> No.14171845

>>14171512
Are you man?
>Any book written by a man, if you don't feel like a man then you're a fag
Are you a woman?
>Cookbook

>> No.14171858
File: 39 KB, 680x838, IntelligentChad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14171840

>> No.14171885

>>14171840
You, on the other hand, are ready for some kind of literature.
You need a purpose in life. Good news, there’s plenty to go around. But again, I could make my suggestions, but I don’t know if you’d accept it. It’s a highly personal thing.

>> No.14171923

>>14171512
The Peregrine

>> No.14171976

>>14171885
I'm thinking he needs some Gore Vidal.

>> No.14171978

>>14171885
Throw some out there. Being a voracious reader for most of my life, having undergrad degrees in philosophy and literature and currently wrapping up a Master's has led to me being fairly well-read and aware of literary discourse at large. I don't bring this up to brag or fein arrogance in any way, I'm genuinely interested in any recommendations you have, just saying something in line with most titles discussed on this board may be a tad redundant.

If your advice is more toward personal fulfillment and pursuit of a grand purpose rather than book recommendations then I apologize for being presumptuous and am open to listening to what you have to say here as well.

>> No.14171999

>>14171978
Not /lit/ book wise but if you have some time this kicked me out of my depression

Yes ik it's a long video, but just give it a shot

>> No.14172003

>>14171999
Forgot to add the link

https://youtu.be/dIEemKcy-4E

>> No.14172224

>>14171978
Well I can only reflect my personal perspective, and it’s hardly Masters degree material I’m sure. I spent most my youth reading forgettable sci-fi and fantasy, but also loved history, the more ancient the better. I guess I wanted to understand the context of the Bible better. But as I grew I questioned my faith and found Gnosticism for a while. It was at this period in my life that I was trying to make my way into the world with part time jobs and trying to get an education to further my dreams of becoming a filmmaker. But I failed and failed some more, and lost my faith completely. Had an existential crisis and epiphany within three days or so. Oh terrible freedom? No, I felt much better. In fact I faced a terrible crisis when I lost my job and was not able to make rent, but I was calm the whole time. Later I found a little book on Epicurus and just connected. It was only much later that /lit/ introduced me to Stirner and Nietzsche. What other philosophy does one need? I suppose some of it is still interesting, and I may read a little more later, but they compliment each other well.
I wish i was well read and could give some edifying fictions, but Im late to it and have devoured more nonfiction, political theory and such. What could I recommend? Everything I’ve read? The book I’m trying to push out of my head? Yes. I don’t know what will work for you though.

I used to sit by this fountain to read, and these mothers would bring their toddlers around to watch the water shoot up and come crashing down. I loved to hear their shrieks and giggles. I thought to myself ‘I get the best part of these kids’ all their happiness and none of the responsibility to come running when they cry. This is what grandparents get to experience. Anon, I’m very pessimistic about our species chances of survival in the next hundred years. I’m not a pessimistic person, I want to fight, I want to get the problems fixed. I’m trying to get these feelings in my book.

>> No.14172385

can someone explain how come i want to massage buttercunt's feet, play with buttercunt's toes, and deposit my degenerate seed within buttercunt's sandy vagina in hopes that life actually can flourish in even the nastiest and most barren grounds?

why am i slave to my coomer brain? why am i a slave to my biological yearnings?

>> No.14172390

>>14171512
Ouch a book fell on my big toe