[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 66 KB, 750x563, 5ba91dd19c888d77108b4574-750-563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14018535 No.14018535 [Reply] [Original]

So what I've come up with this time, is the cop's daughter. Now you see, she's got some fucking daddy issues. Basically she's a slutty emo and likes to break shit.

I've had this problem before. In the past I would have much more detail in my plans for my serious project, and I could do just fine. But dumb little short stories I can't do.

So, to the point now. I've come up with a Few names. The first one is Roxy. I've always found it a teasingly sweet name. I'm tempted to put some lore in the back ground and say, that her father had named Roxy after her mother. While he was is cop school, he fucked a Spanish prostitute named, Roxy. Unfortunately, the daughter finds this out after her father had drunk two quarters of rum. Roxy couldn't afford to see a doctor. I also kinda make it sluttier by spelling her name "Roxie".

Here's also "Princess". I wanted to do this to kinda fuck with how readers view the clash of innocence and guilt this girl goes through. Her father named her. He was diagnosed with obsession disorders and Delusional Scizophrenia (takes place later) at a young age. He could always keep it under control, until he watched his wife die while giving birth. He did his best to keep it together. After a while of awkward hospital shit, he finally gets to hold his baby. She had his mother's eyes. The innocent gleam in her eye. It reminded him of the gleeful look his wife would get in her eyes every time he called her, Princess. An affectionate pet name he gave his wife. He said, "Princess" to his new daughter.

I'm tempted to give her a generic ass name too. it's just a short story about spooky urban exploration. People won't get the chance to get all that invested in them.

>> No.14018652

bump

>> No.14018656

>>14018535
There is no reason for her not to have two names, I've seen this in real life. One name used by family and the other by friends, like a nickname but without any twist to it, just a completely different name, seemingly unrelated to her official one.

Roxy could be the name given to her by her friends, or a name she chose for herself based on her character. While her father calls her by a more dull name like Samantha or Sam for short (cops appear dull, especially the depressed/broken ones)
Then you could make Sam hate her name because she hates her father, which is why she prefers Roxy and uses it daily. Also she would get in trouble for using a "fake" name and only her closest friends would know her real name.

Maybe she had seen the name Roxy in many letters written by her father, And liked it, which caused it to stick around in her head.

>> No.14018669

>>14018656
damn that's actually really brilliant

>> No.14018755

>>14018669
Thanks anon, Im glad you liked it.
I would write more but i don't want to put you off your tracks too much.

>> No.14018812

>>14018755
well, it could have full story potential now thanks to you

>> No.14019389

bump

>> No.14019397

Joaquin Stick

>> No.14019471

>>14018535
Just rely purely on intuition. Once you have an idea of the character's traits and background, what's the first name that comes to mind? For example, yours is easy. Her name is Lacey.

>> No.14019570

>>14018535
>daddy issues
>father is a cop
>dead mother
>named her Roxy after her mother
>couldn't afford to see a doctor
>diagnosed with obsession disorder and delusional schizophrenia
>she had his mother's eyes
>watched his wife die

I think you need to stop watching Netflix and movies and maybe read a book every once in a while

>> No.14020158

Ann Mae