Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 95 KB, 708x800, 10123935-B121-43D0-B0A2-8AFF04B26B4B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961180 No.13961180 [Reply] [Original]

> WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOURE GOING TO KILL YOUR LANDLORD
> NOOOOOOOO HE DESERVES HALF YOUR PAYCHECK

>> No.13961185

Yeah, I'm sure society will function with that logic

>> No.13961201

>>13961180
The Tell-Tale Heart?

>> No.13961204

>>13961185
Actually Maoist China did very well for itself. You fuckers never read a bit of history do you?

>B

>> No.13961205

>>13961185
if you think society functions now it's because you directly benefit from its current structure and have something to lose by it being changed.

>> No.13961207

>>13961201
I was thinking Crime and Punishment.

>> No.13961208

>>13961204
Didn't 60 million chinks starve to death?

>> No.13961222

>>13961208
Lol no. They killed a few million bourgeois assholes. Why would communism necessarily lead to a famine? Chinese farmers knew how to feed themselves before communism, it would take such an immense and powerful effort to somehow get 60 million deaths worth to just.. forget.

The Stalinist famine that killed all the Ukrainians was on purpose to crush them into submission. Mao never had that problem, Chinese people have always been ripe to listen to their new emperor.

>> No.13961226

>>13961208
Don't forget the sparrows!

>> No.13961231
File: 548 KB, 1200x1696, 1551242896885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961231

I fr*ckin love the free market!

>> No.13961232

>>13961231
Ah, yes, the (((free))) market.

>> No.13961234

>>13961205
Isnt that a perfectly rational position to take? I'm doing well and I only see my position improving, why would I help penniless commies ruin and dictate my life?

>> No.13961242

>>13961234
I'm not a socialist but the piece of that puzzle you're missing is false conciousness

>> No.13961263

>>13961234
Capitalism will eventually chew you up and spit out the bone. Wealth is only becoming more and more concentrated in the upper class, recessions are becoming even more frequent, it doesnt really feel like the last one really ended and were headed for a new one. You'll get yours.

>> No.13961266

>>13961222
anon...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine

>> No.13961277
File: 659 KB, 271x223, Ryan-Gosling-Laughing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961277

>>13961222
>Why would communism necessarily lead to a famine?

>> No.13961288

We have nations, so we need to remain competitive to stay afloat. Thus we need to perpetuate the economy, so we gouge, and gouge and gouge.

>> No.13961289

>>13961266
Bourgeois lies to blame communism is why I ignore it. Do a statistical analysis of it against all historical famines to prove its significant. Of course famines were going to happen, they happened in China frequently before revolution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines_in_China


>>13961277
Nice argument. Here's a whole whack of capitalist famine for you. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_in_India#British_rule

But n-no only communism!!!

>> No.13961296

>chinese population explodes to a billion under Mao
>they were starving bro...

Come on use your fucking heads

>> No.13961298

>>13961263
>>13961242
Nah, I'm a nurse, I'll be needed and live a comfortable life no matter who wins, fuck you guys

>> No.13961307

>>13961222
Remind yourselves that wheneve you hear the word communism used without contempt you are talking with a wannabe slaveowner who wants to enslave your children and rape your wife. Never forget that.

>> No.13961315

>>13961289
Occurred a lot in Europe too just not post ww2.

>> No.13961329

>>13961298
That's a respectable profession, good for you anon

>> No.13961368
File: 623 KB, 1000x954, Фотка_1102621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961368

> gimme dat grain, peasant
reminder: it's for the common good, therefore justified.

>> No.13961393
File: 45 KB, 600x289, 15627869260200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961393

>>13961222
>>13961204
>You fuckers never read a bit of history do you?

>> No.13961395
File: 109 KB, 371x443, 1564446118561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961395

>2019
>He STILL cares about politics
I don't care who's in charge as long as they let me live like a recluse

>> No.13961399
File: 245 KB, 944x698, 15629331307420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961399

>>13961204
>You fuckers never read a bit of history do you?

>> No.13961408
File: 237 KB, 1024x484, 15655806474470.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961408

>>13961180
>You fuckers never read a bit of history do you?

>> No.13961415

Somehow these few pictures I've downloaded from 4chan is undeniable proof that famines can only ever happen under communist regime

>> No.13961424

>>13961415
This is why you don't reason with slavers, you kill them. Based Chukhnas and their total genocide of the Red Finns.

>> No.13961598

>>13961180
But I'm buying my house.

>> No.13961603

>>13961307
The thing is, I don't even have to remind mysef this. These asshats aren't being exactly subtle about it, they can't help but come across as sociopaths and narcissists because they're too dumb.

>> No.13961626

>>13961368
Yes.

>> No.13961631

>>13961234
It is rational for the landlord to take what he can but it is in my interest to defend my property and dispose of him if I can. Why would you willingly give others most of your money?

>> No.13961643

>>13961180
I love it when lefties act tough even as they continue getting cucked by Right Wing Men.

Your money looks better in right wing wallets.

>> No.13961650

>>13961631
>my property
>landlord
There it is again. Theft and bravado.

>> No.13961695

>>13961643
Real Right Wing Men hate landowners.

>> No.13961706

>>13961395
extremely based

>> No.13961711

>>13961695
Maybe if you’re a 17th century Ukrainian Cossack, and that’s only because the landlords are kikes.

>> No.13961723

>>13961650
If I feel like stealing from your dumb ass then why shouldn't I?

>> No.13961754

>>13961289
So the Holocaust never happened right?

>> No.13961791
File: 77 KB, 640x640, basedmonk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961791

>>13961263
Basically this.
>Oh noes the bottom rungs of the ladder are getting chopped off. Well good thing I'm somewhere in the middle xD.

>> No.13961842

Western leftists are fucking pussies and concede to liberals to throw their guns away when one cia spook shoots people up. You fags arent killing anyone lmao. Isnt that one of the things antifa brags about? That they havent killed anyone? Lmao

>> No.13961849

>>13961204
>Maoist China did very well

>> No.13961861

>>13961723
Because you’re a weak coward, and would die?

>> No.13961866

>>13961842
American politics is so utterly braindead on both sides. Antifa are a bunch of college students LARPing as freedom fighters while boomer trumptards believe they are supersoldiers going around lynching people.
Here's my advice to any self-respecting Americans left: get out of the sinking ship while you can.

>> No.13961878

Killing your land lord does not give you their property, so yea.

>> No.13961881
File: 139 KB, 897x699, CBEB4A99-F4BE-4C2F-871B-81A4EA29F592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961881

>borders what are you a nazi? immigrants from Somalia have contributed more to America than any FUCKING WHITE MALE ever has!

>> No.13961895

>>13961791

Except when you look at it objectively you discover that the bottom rungs of the latter are getting better and better off. Literally billions of people have been lifted out of poverty.

>> No.13961918

>>13961895
Most of the time, this is just from shifting the labor elsewhere (read: Asia). Other times, as in the case of the minimum wage and the standardized work week, change to labor has come about through workers movements and the organization of labor which allows for collective bargaining, both of which are characteristically socialist and thus reject Capitalism in its purer sense.
I think it is difficult for many people to even think of a system outside of Capitalism simply because they are used to it. An alternative system affecting a positive change should not be an impossible thought. In a simple formulation: Did everyone live in abject squalor before the advent of capitalism? No, there were rich, there were the common folk, and there were the poor as well. Therefore alternative systems also have the ability to 'lift out of poverty', no matter how you define that.

>> No.13961953

>>13961918
>change to labor has come about through workers movements and the organization of labor which allows for collective bargaining, both of which are characteristically socialist and thus reject Capitalism in its purer sense.

This is simply not true. Collective bargaining isn't socialist in any way since it does not suggest that worker's obtain control over the factors of production. It is literally just a free market negotiation over wages.

>Therefore alternative systems also have the ability to 'lift out of poverty',
Does not follow at all from:
>Did everyone live in abject squalor before the advent of capitalism? No, there were rich, there were the common folk, and there were the poor as well.

Either way that is not relevant. I wasn't discussing the merits of capitalism or socialism. I merely stated that your claim that "the bottom rungs of the ladder are getting chopped off" is objectively wrong.

>> No.13961954

>>13961895
By what measure? And none of this they earn a dollar a day more crap. Resources are controlled by fewer and fewer hands.

>> No.13961960

>>13961918
>unions are socialism

>> No.13961971
File: 316 KB, 3000x2139, World-Poverty-Since-1820.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961971

>>13961954

It is rather unfair to ask me by what measure and then immediately reject an objective measure.
Literally billions have been moved above the poverty line. This is objective fact.

> Resources are controlled by fewer and fewer hands.

Please provide a source or even just a clarification of this extremely vague statement.

>> No.13961972
File: 95 KB, 750x626, 504D55C2-247D-413A-85D4-79E8EFE742AB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13961972

>flipping burgers at McDonald’s? That labor is totally worth $15/hour and if you disagree you’re a literal nazi.
>it’s the responsibility of every white male to subsidize the lives of underachieving brown people you fascist.

>> No.13961990

>>13961972
>NOOO YOU CANT ASK FOR HIGHER WAGES FROM A FAST FOOD COMPANY MAKING TENS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR
>NOOO, THE CEOS AND SHAREHOLDERS DESERVE THE PROFITS

>> No.13962001

>>13961971
Wealth inequality is at all time highs, so in terms of financial resources there’s that.
But in terms of actual resources we’ve pushed people off their land all over the globe or made it otherwise uninhabitable. But don’t worry they make $2 a day at the t shirt factory now.

>> No.13962003

>>13961990

Except you're not asking for higher wages. You're forcing by law.

>> No.13962010
File: 39 KB, 640x723, 9E01EFD0-C301-4A7F-B1DE-B47E091F8FB8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13962010

>>13962003
>NOOO STOP FORCING US TO PAY YOU JUST GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG INSTEAD

>> No.13962011
File: 202 KB, 1814x1020, nm-Within-Inequality-by-World-Region-WB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13962011

>>13962001
>Wealth inequality is at all time highs, so in terms of financial resources there’s that.

Except that's not true. Its pretty stable.

>But in terms of actual resources we’ve pushed people off their land all over the globe or made it otherwise uninhabitable.

Please provide sources for your claims.

>> No.13962013

>>13961990
What if I just think flipping burgers is litterateur nigger tier work and I do not thank that it should be valued at $15/hour?
I don’t give a fuck if that money is being put in a CEO’s pocket or thrown into a paper shredder. Some crack smoking welfare nigger doesn’t deserve $15/hour to fuck up my order of a Big Mac and fries.

>> No.13962018

>>13962010

Being a skilled worker I can have a respectable negotiation with my employer about my wages. If you really think the better solution is to use violence to force people to pay each other, you go ahead and keep advocating that system.

>> No.13962022

>>13962018
That is literally what happens right now with minimum wage laws. Are you advocating for the complete abolition of minimum wage?

>> No.13962032

>>13962013
NOOOOOO YOU CANT ASK FOR MORE MONEY DOING MEANINGLESS PEASANT WORK WHILE YOUR MASTERS MAKE MILLIONS PLAYING WITH MONOPOLY MONEY IN THE WEALTHIEST SOCIETY IN HISTORY NOOOOOO

>> No.13962039

>>13961861
No, I'm not. I steal from others all the time.

>> No.13962090

>>13961180
He's bought the apartment where you stay fuckface. It doesn't belong to you and it's an investment on his behalf. Pay up piggy or else.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action