[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 75 KB, 500x500, 1273074174710.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1395402 No.1395402 [Reply] [Original]

>go to bookclub at local library
>reading list - Franzen & BEE, mostly contemporary stuff. no Tao Lin
>mostly girls. 3 are the sex-driven kind that only talk & do 'randum' stuff indirectly because they think all that talking is for is to judge the possibility of dating & also they think by reading books that makes them your 'type' or something (if this is natural/what should be flirting then pls kill me nw) x_x
>these girls seem really friendly at first (well at least wanting me to talk)

>when general chatting the subject changes to 'cuddling' & if its ok or lame for people that arent fucking. or if its gay for guy friends to do it
>this sk8r/punk/vidya style (unkempt & sk8r-ish) guy says its 'gay' jokingly but like obv means it
>i say i think its 'nice' for anyone and probably good for feeling better in general & smile when i say it

>girls above suddenly physically & vocally shift their attention to him after that subject, though in a reluctant way just because they think he's ugly or something. (like i feel if he was 'hawt' or thin or something they would have liked him more initially/not reluctantly though i guess thats an unfair prejudice)
>i seem to have to try harder to stay in the convo after this whereas i was encouraged before
>i feel sick

>one of the quieter guys says he agreed with me & we kind of talk a bit. he likes kafka too so we talked about america for like 5 mins
>i feel astounded that one dumb subject like that seems to have caused some kind of rift into alliances
>feel disbelief
>leave sad

think i h8 most girls now. well, 'bookish' ones anyway. i wonder if they use books for sex in the same way i use books to have something to talk to with cool ppl. i think we both enjoy them so its not anti-intellectual or anything, just a bit insecure.

>> No.1395404

STOP IT WHORE.

>> No.1395407

>>1395404
sorry people were bitching about my formatting.

i hope this is fine enough for /lit/ to contribute now :/

>> No.1395408

what did you talk about with the kafka guy?

also, what are book clubs like? i thought they were just boring and for old peo[ple.

>> No.1395411

The guy who agreed obviously wanted to fuck.

>> No.1395412

The Life And Times of J. Tysdale Braxton, Viscount Townshend

>> No.1395413

http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/lit/thread/1395365

>make thread on /lit/, drama-whore for several hours until it gets old
>spend 30 minutes outside, come back and doodle a shitty moe pic
>make thread on /lit/...

>> No.1395416

You have a wonderful imagination txrbay

>> No.1395417
File: 77 KB, 498x500, trollbrax.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sup guise

>> No.1395419

This is the only thread on /lit/ getting any replies.

This is sad.

>> No.1395431

>>1395408
yes we talked about 'deeper' sparknotes shit like 'existentialism', security/freedom, etc & how it was more positive than his other stuff. i felt like i had to be on my A-game compared to here. well i dont mean pressured to but i felt like making the effort i mean.

book clubs are weird. jesus its like these people have never played video games before. the seriously think that challenging stuff = 'dry'

there were some old people there but we kind of grouped based on what we read. i would have liked to talk with the older people but i was too scared. so many house wifes but kind of bitchy type rather than warm.

>> No.1395433

>>1395431
>these people have never played video games before

lol

>> No.1395439
File: 39 KB, 780x620, 1273078550393.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1395411
>The guy who agreed obviously wanted to fuck
:(

do you think thats really the motivation? i think he might be gay but i dont think he was lying about agreeing.

>> No.1395444

>>1395408
there are the book clubs for middle-aged/elderly women where they mostly talk about mysteries and chick lit, and then there are the books for hipster kids where they talk about bret easton ellis, palahniuk and similar authors

>> No.1395446

>>1395433
whats so funny? its the 00s version of 'havent been to the cinema' before.

>> No.1395450

>>1395446
lol

>> No.1395452
File: 64 KB, 248x249, 1283707123729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1395444
>and then there are the books for hipster kids where they talk about bret easton ellis, palahniuk and similar authors
this guy knows whats up

>> No.1395456

not one personal experience yet, really?

doesnt have to be tl'dr or anything bros

>> No.1395461

>>1395456
fuck off and die pissant. Or go to /r9k/

>> No.1395465

>>1395456
>go to bookclub at local library
>reading list - Franzen & BEE, mostly contemporary stuff. no Tao Lin
>mostly girls. 3 are the sex-driven kind that only talk & do 'randum' stuff indirectly because they think all that talking is for is to judge the possibility of dating & also they think by reading books that makes them your 'type' or something (if this is natural/what should be flirting then pls kill me nw) x_x
>these girls seem really friendly at first (well at least wanting me to talk)

>when general chatting the subject changes to 'cuddling' & if its ok or lame for people that arent fucking. or if its gay for guy friends to do it
>this sk8r/punk/vidya style (unkempt & sk8r-ish) guy says its 'gay' jokingly but like obv means it
>i say i think its 'nice' for anyone and probably good for feeling better in general & smile when i say it

>girls above suddenly physically & vocally shift their attention to him after that subject, though in a reluctant way just because they think he's ugly or something. (like i feel if he was 'hawt' or thin or something they would have liked him more initially/not reluctantly though i guess thats an unfair prejudice)
>i seem to have to try harder to stay in the convo after this whereas i was encouraged before
>i feel sick

>one of the quieter guys says he agreed with me & we kind of talk a bit. he likes kafka too so we talked about america for like 5 mins
>i feel astounded that one dumb subject like that seems to have caused some kind of rift into alliances
>feel disbelief
>leave happy

>> No.1395470

>>1395431
>yes we talked about 'deeper' sparknotes shit like 'existentialism', security/freedom, etc & how it was more positive than his other stuff. i felt like i had to be on my A-game compared to here. well i dont mean pressured to but i felt like making the effort i mean
Be like this here faggot.