[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 445 KB, 1536x2048, theodora.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13930678 No.13930678 [Reply] [Original]

>God is dead

Was Nietzsche talking exclusively about Christianity here?

>> No.13930692

Nietzsche was talking about religion-linked forms of morality and understanding, anon, and how the historical proccess essentially was bound to destroy it (and actually did it).

Christianity was just N's pet peeve.

>> No.13930712

>>13930678
yes, he didnt know shit about eastern thought and only read 1 or 2 shitty translations

>> No.13930870

>>13930692
Explain to me how historical processes destroyed religion-linked forms of morality and understanding, anon

>> No.13930966

>>13930870
Not him but the rise of scientism, which is a discipline which emanates primarily out of the European spirit, turned against European Christianity and eradicated logical belief in it. As a result, today scientism claims the mind of Europeans and European-in-spirits and Christianity claims the heart, having retreated into emotional appeal and distanced itself from logic and anything to do with the intellect. But without all aspects of a man's being beholden to God the Great Commandment is violated, belief in God is fractured and insincere. In the modern age a terrified, divided man cannot expect anything from God, as per James.

>> No.13931036 [SPOILER] 
File: 178 KB, 735x798, 1570157600091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13930678
>This sexy and powerful Christian woman had no muslim equivalent.

>> No.13931040

>>13930870
I will give you a shortened answer, anon, since the three paragraphs I was writing were acidentally lost while I slapped a moth off the screen of my PC while accidentaly pressing F5 on the keyboard.

First, I would like to add that the historical proccess destroyed these things mostly to the laymen (i.e. people whose only introduction to philosophy and morality were made trough institutionalized teaching), said laymen were instructed into the ways of christian and catholic belief because of the roots of said institutions (mainly catholic and christian monasteries), but with the evolution of scientific thought and the many explanations of phenomena before considered miraculous, and so one of the pillars of western faith was broken. It was not long before "men of reason", and the dignataries of institutionalized education started taking a more scientific approach to education, and even said institutionalized education kept a christian/catholic approach to morality, men were instructed to abandon faith in favour of reason, and therefore, God died.

Nietszche predicted that said disbelief in the miraculous properties of reality caused by science would eventually extend itself to the moral precepts of Christianity, and therefore christian dogma would no long serve as a substitute for an actual system of morality. His concept of the transfiguration of christian values was an attempt of fighting against the anomie that was to come, but I believe that Nietzsche only raised himself above it when he developped the concept of the Ubermensch, which worked as a symbolical substitute for God in the more anthropocentric era he was living in.

>> No.13931054

>>13931040
>First, I would like to add that the historical proccess destroyed these things mostly to the laymen (i.e. people whose only introduction to philosophy and morality were made trough institutionalized teaching), said laymen were instructed into the ways of christian and catholic belief because of the roots of said institutions (mainly catholic and christian monasteries), but with the evolution of scientific thought and the many explanations of phenomena before considered miraculous, one of the pillars of western faith was broken.

Just fixing some shit.

>> No.13931390

>>13931036
Trannies don't count