[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 6 KB, 225x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1387520 No.1387520 [Reply] [Original]

Currently reading this...

What are your thoughts?
So far, Ive found it interesting.

>> No.1387828
File: 9 KB, 240x240, The art of seduction.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I also liked The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. :3

>> No.1387832

have you read the one he did with 50 cent?

>> No.1387861

Art of Seduction's the effin new bible. Even the very suggestive pink ovular shape on the cover exudes seductive power.

>> No.1388047

>>1387861
a few other books I would recommend for seduction, power, critical thinking or even sales/marketting would be the following;

The Art of Deception: An Intro to Critical Thinking
-by Nicholas Capaldi (Good for learning arguments cause you can learn how to play "Devil's Advocate" which women LOVE!!!)

Covert Persuasion: Psychological Tactics and Tricks to Win the Game
-by Kevin Hogan and James Speakman
(Great for manipulating the "belief" factor)

The Kosher Sutra: Eight Sacred Secrets for Reigniting Desire and Restoring Passion for Life
-by Shmuley Boteach
(Great for looking at the same thing through different eyes to give you a new enlightening perspective on the opposite sex)

Other than that, the two by Robert Greene are my bibles. Their preludes are Carl Von Clausewitz "On War", Sun Tzu "The Art of War", Niccolo Machiavelli "The Art of War & the Prince". The Prince shows you the principles of holding power from behind the scenes of the actual Prince. Much like a woman wants to be dominated, but still remain in power...this would be how. The psychology behind it is astounding, but the reality of living it...there are no words for the power, eroticism, and exhilaration that comes from being with another human being in an intimate setting.

>> No.1388057

>>1387832
I have not, I hear though, that it is like 48 laws of power where 50 cent provides the 49th and 50th laws...or something like that. But that's just hearsay.

Is it worth acquiring?

>> No.1388060

Hell yeah, that is a radical book. I have sung its praises regularly on /lit/. I keep a copy by my bed and on my phone at all given times.

>>1388047

You might as well add Gustave Le Bon's 'The Crowd' to the list, for an indepth look on handling mob psychology, and Schopenhauer's essay "The Art of Controversy" for effectively shutting down your opponent's verbal opposition.

>> No.1388088
File: 30 KB, 309x500, how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Those are great books if you want to be a crushingly lonely sociopath. If you'd rather be a ballin' benevolent diplomat who's widely loved and enjoys life, then pic related.

>> No.1388097

>>1388088

I was just scrolling by but I have to support this post.

That book is the reason people should stop writing self help books.

>> No.1388103

Guy at my work says he lives by this book. He is a pathetic idiot who is hated by everyone and is going nowhere in life. Take that as you will.

>> No.1388114

>>1388060
you mean Schopenhauer's the art of always being right, I think. in it's most recent (UK) english edition it has an introduction by A C Grayling.

>> No.1388135

It's one of those books written for 15-year-olds who think they're all cool and want to be powerful, then it basically teaches them nothing, tells them to be a dick and the only result is they now think they're some social engineering super-ninja.