[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 352 KB, 660x900, The_Discworld.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13869007 No.13869007 [Reply] [Original]

There's not a huge amount of fiction discussion going on at the moment, so I thought I'd take a thread to talk about one of the most charming fiction series out there, and to ask what people here like the most about it [if they do at all], and which installments are their favourite in it. I've always loved Mort the most though that is a fairly popular opinion, they story and journey of it are enjoyable but I love the existentialism present throughout too.

>> No.13869044

I'm a Rincewind fan myself. His books mostly kept to the wacky tone of the first few books.
I was disappointed by the quality of the last few books, especially Rising Steam and Snuff.

>> No.13869058

>>13869044
I can understand that, Terry was losing himself towards the end so it's an unavoidable side effect that things would change sadly

>> No.13869286

>Vetinari allow trolls and dwarfs to live in the city
>they almost have a race war
>Vetinari allows man-eating monsters to live in the city, including vampires and werewolves
>any human who complains about the other species is chastised by the author surrogate

Bravo Pratchett