[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 220 KB, 800x1215, the-grand-design.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1378287 No.1378287 [Reply] [Original]

So, I bought this a few weeks ago, it's pretty good so far. I've only finished the fist chapter where he explains the plethora of theories and how they came to be. Does the book get any better? What is /lit/'s consensus on this book?

>> No.1378289

Only that I need to read it, I thoroughly enjoyed A Brief History of Time.

>> No.1378294

I like physics books out of all non-fiction the best and have been wanting to get this one but new books are tough for me to get because I pay monthly probation fees and I make shit money to begin with.
Post a review when you're done, Hawking I've found is pretty damn dry compared to others who find a way to put more enthusiasm into the text. Hawking does a damn good job at making it digestible for the layperson, though.

>> No.1378297

>>1378289

Read The Universe in a Nutshell? I have it. It's positively amazing. I do not regret that investment at all. It's beautifully illustrated, too.

>> No.1378316

>>1378294
I most likely will, if I remember to. I'm only on the beginning of the second chapter so it'll be a while before I finish.

>> No.1378381

>>1378297
Hey - thanks. Definitely getting this.
I don't move through non fiction nearly as quickly as I do fiction. The non fiction list keeps piling up on my bookshelf - I can't get a new fiction fast enough. Steven Pinker and Bill Bryson are still sitting there waiting for me to get done with Antonio Damasio. But I went through A Brief History really fast.