[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 128 KB, 2500x519, nightmoscow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1376370 No.1376370 [Reply] [Original]

Hello, dear gentlemen.
Since i have no friends and almost no free daytime, i like to stride around the city at nights. Cool and spiky winter air electrifies my skin and waters my wide-open eyes, quiet streets with gloomy sounds somewhere ahead and red-yellowish lights on skyscrapers, and cars, and banners - fantastic! By doing such things i got an idea of writing a novel (or maybe a short story, it wont get published anmyway so who cares?) on nightcity life, something that show how marvelous, different in its own way from the day time night metropolis might be and how people change under the starlight.
So, any great novels on similar topic for research purposes?
picrelated: views like this are inspiration to me

>> No.1377558

Shut the fuck up, hipster.

>> No.1378031

you sound like a really special, insightful person.
...NOT!!!!
seriously, you fucking suck.
How does the air water your eyes? Your eyes water your eyes.
Just had to post cuz I hate people like you. You are the bane of my existence.

>> No.1378071

>>1378031
If people like op are the bane of your existence you've probably got a pretty sweet life. I mean, some of us have to worry about paying mortgages, feeding the kids, getting to our chemo treatment, bathing our dementia suffering relatives. But, no, I can see what you mean, this guy posting anonymously on an image board is a pretty big obstacle to personal happiness.

>> No.1378077

You would like The Fall by Albert Camus OP.

>> No.1378081

>>1378071

>> No.1378091

>>1378071
>>1378081
can't find my brofist.jpg

>> No.1378155

op read scott fitzgeralds short stories, bukowski, early easton ellis, joyce, oh and if you can handle the insane drunken and confused hell of lowry's under the volcano its the most lucid deptiction of booze life ive ever read. better than joyce in that regard

this is only one hipster drunkards opinion bien sur