[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-06-09: Search is working again.
2022-05-12: Ghost posting is now globally disabled. 2022: Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 15 KB, 325x450, 9459-004-DDF12A12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13727888 No.13727888 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.13727901

Only if you're not white

>> No.13727905

Is it morally wrong to deny existence to a potential? Potentiality is not yet being, so I think it's some kind of pulsating phenomenon waiting for a trigger.

>> No.13727955

>>13727905
Nope

>> No.13728437

Bump

>> No.13728446

>>13727888
Is it morally right to spam threads about natalism 24/7?

>> No.13728449

its morally wrong to teach them philosophy.

>> No.13728455

>>13727888
Who cares if it's morally right or wrong?

>> No.13728458

>>13727901
In that case it's wrong though

>> No.13728462

Antinatalism is the prime example of what Nietzsche called ressentiment. Incels can't get laid, therefore it must be good to not get laid.

>> No.13728464

>>13728458
>>13727901
>>>/pol/

>> No.13728483

>>13728462
>Cumbrain cope

>> No.13728487

>>13727888
I wish I had children so I could beat them.

>> No.13728488

Morals don’t care about children

>> No.13728490

>>13728488
Children don't care about morals.

>> No.13728492

>>13727888
I don't know but either way you gonna have regrets.

>> No.13728515

>>13727901
wait why

>> No.13728538

op is a faggot

>> No.13728553

>>13728490
A child's care for morals is expressed by the emotional disturbance of being taken by its evolved form

>> No.13728686
File: 71 KB, 460x460, kierkegaard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13728686

>>13728492
based and kierkegaardpilled

>> No.13728692

>>13727901
>>>/pol/

>> No.13728763

>>13728692
he is reverse /pol/ idiot

>> No.13728783

>>13727888
give me one reason why we should
cons:
>world is overpopulated
>automation is substituting workplace
>blink of a food and economical crisis

>> No.13728935

Well I had you, be a little grateful you spoiled brat

>> No.13729297

>>13727905
My dick is a pulsating phenomenon waiting to trigger :^)

>> No.13729311

>>13727901
>>13727888
I don't want children as a non-White. My desire for being child free has nothing to do with race. Moreover, I am no longer antinatalist after realizing how difficult it is to apply. It is not tenable, and I cannot get down with promoting antinatalism to European peoples who are being threatened by many external foreign forces. I think ethnic Swedes and Germans should have more kids. Granted, I would love to see USA collapse.

>> No.13729314

>>13729311
>german
the very race which sought to destroy europe on multiple occasions?

>> No.13729327

>>13729314
The only people destroying Europe, at present, are Jews and Americans. They were the ones who created the conditions for Migrant Crisis by opposing the secular and noble Assad.
Hitler was the lesser evil compared to Churchill during WWII, and I think if National Socialists won WWII, Europe would be more stable overall. It would also have maintained homogeneity more easily, which is important for cultures to thrive. I am still child-free, but I am no longer an antinatalist because I realize how painful it is to watch one's culture be overrun by foreign infiltrators. Granted, I primarily blame USA and Jews.

>> No.13729334

>>13729327
>by opposing the secular and noble Assad.
via support for ISIS and Al-Nusra*
Yes, ISIS and Al-Nusra were largely backed by USA and Israel.

>> No.13729351

It's the only moral imperative

>> No.13729376

>>13729311
>my double digit iq self would love to see
No one cares dude

>> No.13729380
File: 253 KB, 1024x510, aeronalfrey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13729380

>>13729376
Go fuck yourself, condescending faggot. I hope you die some kind of excruciating and terrible accident. Go to hell. Picture is an example of your despicable and vile soul.

>> No.13729515

4chan is thery disgusting place filled with unhuman beings

>> No.13729785

>>13727888
>implying morality is real
All that matters is the conscious experience of your offspring. If they are healthy and function well in the world then it's worth it. But if they're the offspring of a 4channel poster their future suffering would probably outweigh any positive experience they could get out of life in which it probably is ""immoral"".

>> No.13729844
File: 17 KB, 225x224, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13729844

>>13728446
Yes. Us pessimists have to get the bad word out there.

>> No.13729849
File: 63 KB, 657x527, 1439240592_preview_apu apustaja.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13729849

>>13728462
>This kind of rhetoric is allowed thanks to Freud

>> No.13729859

>>13729849
Nietzsche predates Freud you absolute retard. Read the Genealogy of Morals.

>> No.13729861
File: 10 KB, 214x236, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13729861

>every day I think about a son or daughter sitting beside me and reflect on how aggrieved and furious with myself I would be, having forced this person into existence, knowing what I know about hell and the cosmos.

This is the kind of antinatalism I always wanted.

>> No.13729867

>>13729859
Perhaps, but ad-hominems can be brought in under the guise of psychoanalysis, which was founded by Freud.

>> No.13729890

>>13729867
Ad hominem is not what you think it is. Ad hominem is saying "you're wrong because you're a retard". Observing groups, their culture, etc., and deriving their morals from those observations (as Nietzsche did in GoM) is not ad hom. Nietzsche aptly noted that Christians, being in a position of weakness, adopted a morality that glorifies weakness as a result. That's not ad hom. It's culture.

>> No.13729899

>>13729890
>Ad hominem is saying "you're wrong because you're a retard"

No, that's an insult. Ironically enough, this makes you retarded. Ad Hominem literally means inquiring into the character of the person making an argument.

>> No.13729913

>>13729899
An insult would me just saying "you're retarded". Saying "you're wrong BECAUSE you're retarded" makes it an argument which makes it ad hominem. Saying "you're wrong. Also, you're a retard" is an insult again. Happy to help.

>> No.13729933
File: 71 KB, 957x621, ubtjy0mgz9o11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13729933

>>13729913
No, all of them are insults and if if that were withstanding, it is also ad-hominem to question the character of the persons putting an argument forward, and that is what you are doing. Not happy to help, you are a douchebag.

>> No.13730255

>>13727888
Antinatalism is correct. It is patently immoral to bring children into this world, knowing what we know about what their future is likely to be like.
Conversely, I would argue that it is moral to have kids ONLY if one has dedicated their life to deliberately struggle so that the future is better than we have reason to expect. Not doing so, and having kids anyway, is the peak of depravity.

>> No.13730278

>>13729890
It's actually an appeal to motive, which is a type of ad hominem, but an appeal to motive is not necessarily a fallacy. What Nietzsche did is use his psychologization as a genealogy in order to explain how what he considered to be wrong came about, not to declare it as wrong.

Nietzsche's argument is: contemporary moral systems are wrong, and they are the expression of psychological desires.

It is not: contemporary moral systems are wrong because they are the expression of psychological desires.

>> No.13730312

>>13729380
k kid

>> No.13730385

>>13730278
>Nietzsche's argument is: contemporary moral systems are wrong, and they are the expression of psychological desires.

>It is not: contemporary moral systems are wrong because they are the expression of psychological desires.

Wrong. Nietzsche used the genealogical method (as did Foucault afterwards) to undermine the absolutist notion of morality altogether. Moralities built out of an appeal to some Absolute (God, Nature, Science, etc.); the genealogical method displays the inherent subjectivity of these (how they are constructed, how they could’ve been different if conditions were different). Nietzsche doesn’t call them “wrong”, that would be very anti-Nietzschean. Like Spinoza, he argues that ‘good’ and ‘bad, ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ are variable to human psyche and perspectives. Nietzsche deliberatedly deploys the inherent power of ad hominem by pointing to the slavish foundations of Christian morality. It’s mot “wrong” because of some rationalitic argument, it’s wrong cause it comes from a tradition of weakness, and resentment, that praises death and chastises life. Nietzsche’s vitalism isn’t founded on reason, it’s an attitude you’re free to take when you realize the limits of reason to dictate ethics,

>> No.13730391

>>13730385
Thanks I didn't actually know what I was talking about but you get a better answer when you just claim bullshit instead of asking.

>> No.13731161

>>13728462
No, antinatalism is more of an appeal against the lack of autonomy that the act of birth implies. Also the inherent suffering of existence versus nonexistence.

>> No.13731292

Only if you are willing to put the effort in and be a good parent. Accidents happen though so man up.

>> No.13731354

I dont think the world has ever seen such a moronic sophistic retard as Schopenhauer. Honestly, his entire career was built upon nonsensical notions that he pulls from his ass. Will never understand how he rose so high.

>> No.13731427
File: 29 KB, 220x385, 220px-A_Modest_Proposal_1729_Cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13731427

But what will we eat?

>> No.13731543

>>13728483
all life affirmation is cumbrain

>> No.13731555

>>13727905
>not yet being
>phenomenon

>> No.13732011
File: 81 KB, 547x531, 1541965262718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13732011

Where do I start with schopenhauer?

>> No.13732141

>>13732011
You can't underesdant him because you are cunbrain

>> No.13732143

It’s also morally right to not have children

Sportfucking is just fine

>> No.13732146

it's morally correct right now

>> No.13732597

there is no objective morality so the question is silly. I believe one should only reproduce if they know their off spring will have a high quality of life. I wouldnt dare have a son if i knew he were to be doomed to the same fate as myself

Off course like all animals we are biologically programmed to reproduce and most of us give little concern to the consequences

>> No.13733018

>>13727888
Yes.

>> No.13733248

>>13732597
+

>> No.13733257

>>13733018
No

>> No.13733273

>>13727888
Why does everything you do have to be morally right? Morally neutral is good enough for me.

>> No.13733312

>>13728783
The world isn't anywhere near overpopulated, we could easily fit the current population into a single continent and it wouldn't even be overcrowded.

>blink of a food crisis
Even utilizing the absolute worst climate change predictions food crisis's would be regional and could be easily managed by utilizing surplus.

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action