[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 114 KB, 909x670, twilight-wallpaper-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1372452 No.1372452 [Reply] [Original]

Ok so I swore to myself as a fan of film I'd give the twilight saga a look.

I am on eclipse and all I can say is it wouldn't be do bad if the characters were more enjoyable. I mean they changed jasper's origin. In the first 2 movies he was a newborn. NOW in in eclipse he is older and was in the civil war. WTF way to screw up your own characters. Bella seems to me like an emotionally damaged little cunt. That divorce her parents got must have really fucked her up in the head because she wants to be with someone who will stay with her forever and she gets that with a vampire. She loves the thought of an eternal love. Edward, I honestly can't say I feel a damn thing for him. He seems to be aware of her damaged personality and feeds it. think he gets some sick satisfaction out of being with emotionally damaged woman. And Jacob God damn jacob. He got the short end of the stick. I feel genuinely sorry for this man. Spent all his life in the same place with the same people and when he got something new AKA bella he loses it. I've actuallly seen guys like him irl.

Why does twilight have so many fucked up people? I mean seriously it's a series about emotionally damaged fuck ups who should be getting help, but instead sink in deeper to the pit of shit they WILLINGLY enter.

>> No.1372466

Bella swan Worse character of the year every year.

>> No.1372468

Why would you do this?

>> No.1372474

>>1372468

As I said I am a fan of film and so I decided to check out this "phenomenon"

>> No.1372486

OP you have begun down a path of darkness. A path that will end in tears and sorrow. Beware the journey that awaits you down this path because from now on out. It only gets worse.

The books are far worse.

>> No.1372494

I am still trying to decide if those books are horror novels from the perspective of a girl too teen-aged and stupid to understand it, or if they're fantasy romances by a woman too fucked in the head to realize how dysfunctional her characters are.
The low quality of the prose makes it very difficult to tell.

>> No.1372505

Worst part about it OP is that it only gets worse. Because now that the bad guys have been defeated they will focus solely on the relationshits and let me tell you it gets bad.

>> No.1372548

>>1372474
You know that being a "fan of film" doesn't mean you have to watch shitty movies.

>> No.1372558

It's so easy to hate on the Twilight Saga.

I loved Twilight; I read it when it first came out and absolutely loved it. I actually also really enjoyed New Moon. I did feel that it started to fall down as it went along, because I found Breaking Dawn anticlimactic and rather incohesive plot-wise.

I still think Twilight, as a stand-alone book, is absolutely excellent, while the full 'Saga' is enjoyable, and reasonably good.

>> No.1372562

>>1372558
P.S. -- how on EARTH could you have been a fan of the films AT ALL? They are far, far worse than the books. Bella is intensely unlikeable, and the melodrama is nauseating.

>> No.1372563
File: 36 KB, 225x259, IT BEGINS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1372558

>> No.1372567

>>1372563
Somebody has to be the voice of reason, my good man.

All I get from /lit/ is this 'boo hoo hoo somebody wrote a book not designed to appeal to my demographic and is successful, wah wah wah, alllll books should be targeted to men, omg omg omg...'

>> No.1372576

>>1372567
Except it's terrible. The plot is terrible, the characters are terrible, and the writing is itself terrible.

It's basically bad fan-fiction in which the author inserted her self as a horribly designed Mary Sue. She has literally written a novel about her imagined love-life with a vampire. (And you have to wonder about a guy 100 years old still trolling high schools for women. As a matter of fact, why the FUCK would someone 100 years old subject themselves to high school at all?)

The books are ultimately degrading and damaging to women, as well as romance, society, and writing in general. Nothing redeeming comes from them. They are a black hole of awful from which there is no return once the event-horizon of shit is reached.

But sure, why not, let's have a woman get raped and beaten while comatose by her boyfriend, who gnaws their demon offspring out of her, which her friend then wants to fuck.

Wow, so we got pedophilia, rape, spousal abuse, and .... gnawing open people.... all listed as positive qualities in a romantic relationship. Sure, fuck it, why not.

>> No.1372578

>>1372567
>>1372558
What abouut the shitty writing and the bastardization of the concept of love, making it seem like uncontainable lust is the same as uncomditional love, and the ridiculous plot.

btw don't bother with a Strawman.