[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 76 KB, 1280x720, Rumrumrum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13723951 No.13723951 [Reply] [Original]

Recently read the Rum Diary on the beach this summer. Hell, what a blast.

On a scale from 0 to 10 who is the biggest idiot of all characters?

What did you think about the party scene?

Which Thompson is the best?

How's the 2011 movie? Havent watched it yet. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was fun, but they used totally different drugs there.

>> No.13724061

His stuff can be pretty amusing, but, like spy-fiction, it starts to lose its appeal rather quickly.

>> No.13725066

>>13723951
I really like The Rum Diary. Despite all, it's got a comfy, homely feeling to it; I could very well see myself in the same situations. Along with Kerouac it's one of those books that just really wants to make me write about my own mundane life, realising there is more to it than visible on first glance.

>> No.13725081

I read The Rum Diary in high school. Enjoyed it. Don't remember much. Isn't it kind of a Hemingway thing?

>> No.13725091

>>13723951
Movies quite good actually, I liked it better than Fear and Loathing because it’s more light-handed with the psychedelic undertones, which gives it a feeling of depth.

>> No.13725551
File: 23 KB, 626x375, da5a51eebfb135f7cfd3f33f22bf766e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's very comfy. Back in uni I had a course mate very similar to Sala. Always going on how one day he will quit and go into repairing PCs. Didn't look anything like Michael Rispoli. I moved away and haven't seen the guy in ages and he isn't on any social media. From what I hear he shares a one room apartment with his 45 year old uncle, got stomach ulcers by eating only potato chips, and is "concerned about immigrants".

The movie is ok, but it feels stripped down. Since there isn't really any plot and the book is more about the characters and the atmosphere, the story isn't that suited for 2 hour movie

Amber Heard for me is one of those women who physically hurt to watch on account of how beautiful they are.