[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.71 MB, 854x480, Hippo Dental Care.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13601743 No.13601743 [Reply] [Original]

Who or what exactly is Nietzsche's Ubermensch supposed to be? I hear it's often misunderstood, but no one can really explain it to me.

>> No.13601745 [DELETED] 

>>13601743
Read his fucking books, asshole.

>> No.13601748

>>13601745
Ive read the Gay Science and Twilight, but i dont feel like im ready to approach Zarathustra yet

>> No.13601760

Drug lords.

>> No.13601767

>>13601748
Fuck, ive also read Genealogy.

>> No.13601804

>>13601760
Based

>> No.13601977

>>13601743
niggas like me

>> No.13602152

>>13601743
>>13601748

It's in the first 30 pages of Zarathustra.
Wikipedia explains it as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cbermensch

Just read Zarathustra and take your time. I think it's fantastic book, especially for young men.

>> No.13602296

>>13601743
>Who or what exactly is Nietzsche's Ubermensch supposed to be?
Vague, fantasy waffle for optimists

>> No.13602454

>>13601743
How do they get the hippo to be so calm?

>> No.13602477

>>13601743
Chads

>> No.13602624

He who affirms eternal recurrence and overcomes himself.

>> No.13602711
File: 250 KB, 849x1600, Elijah-StCatherinesSinai.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Basically it's Jesus Christ and the saints but Freddy didn't want to admit it.

>Abba Doulas, the disciple of Abba Bessarion said, 'One day when we were walking beside the sea I was thirsty and I said to Abba Bessarion, "Father, I am very thirsty." He said a prayer and said to me, "Drink some of the sea water." The water proved sweet when I drank some. I even poured some into a leather bottle for fear of being thirsty later on. Seeing this, the old man asked me why I was taking some. I said to him, "Forgive me, it is for fear of being thirsty later on." Then the old man said, "God is here, God iseverywhere."'

>Abba Joseph came to Abba Lot and said to him: 'Father, according to my strength I keep a moderate rule of prayer and fasting, quiet and meditation, and as far as I can I control my imagination; what more must I do?' And the old man rose and held his hands towards the sky so that his fingers became like flames of fire and he said: 'If you will, you shall become all flame.'

>One of the brethren went to see Abba Sisoes on Abba Anthony's mountain. While they were talking, he said to Abba Sisoes, 'Have you already reached Abba Anthony's stature, Father?' The old man said to him, 'If I had one of Abba Anthony's thoughts, I should become all flame; but I do know a man, who with difficulty is able to bear Anthony's thoughts.'

>From Palestine, Abba Hilarion went to the mountain to Abba Anthony. Abba Anthony said to him, 'You are welcome, torch which awakens the day.' Abba Hilarion said, 'Peace to you, pillar of light, giving light to the world.'

>The old men said of Abba Agathon to Abba Elias, in Egypt, 'He is a good abba.' The old man answered them, 'In comparison with his own generation, he is good.' They said to him, 'And what is he in comparison with the ancients?' He gave them this answer, 'I have said to you that in comparison with his generation he is good but as to that of the ancients, in Scetis I have seen a man who, like Joshua the son of Nun could make the sun stand still in the heavens.' At these words they were astounded and gave glory to God.

>Abba Bessarion, at the point of death, said, 'The monk ought to be as the Cherubim and the Seraphim: all eye.'

>> No.13602719

>>13602454
they jack it off first

>> No.13603294

>>13602711
Is this bait? Even if you could make an argument that a certain religious figure is close to being the Ubermensch you are are forgetting that the Ubermensch is supposed to create values without reference to any God, it is basically what Nietzsche proposed as the solution to the death of god.

>> No.13603492

The Übermensch is a person who transcends every aspect of puny humanity in itself. The one who can and will experience life at all facets and gives the people surrounding him the same treatment as any other living being. That may be ignorance or caring, hate or love whatever he chooses. The most important thing though is that he understands who he is in every aspect, that he understands that everything he experiences comes from himself and can be influenced by only himself; he creates a form of absolute independence on which he can rely forever, because he can rely on himself forever. He is the truest form of being, not the nicest or the best, but he is true to himself and every other human without a doubt about himself or his actions.