[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 68 KB, 1000x735, 1123_kafka-1000x735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13578255 No.13578255 [Reply] [Original]

Why does the general public sympathize with authors such as Kafka, but continue to berate and make life harder for those alive today who are clearly disturbed and traumatized?
I'm sure their justification for abusing such already traumatized people is something along the lines of "they are probably a mass shooter, they deserve it," which is ridiculous and just wrong. There is nothing righteous about kicking a man while he is down, and if every odd looking man was actually a mass shooter then mass shootings would become an actual threat rather than a boogeyman created by journalistic exploitation.

>> No.13578290

what are you trying to say?

>> No.13578295

>>13578290
I'm asking a question.

>> No.13578388

From what I experienced, personal beliefs in philosophy or religion, sympathy for long dead people and their ideas ect. has no real effect on how we act in our daily lives.
We consider these our ideal, we want to become the man who actually lives by the morals we think highly of, but in reality we are mostly motivated by carnal desires or feelings/mood, not rationality. So we end up acting in ways inconsistent with our beliefs, then try to rationalize it with severe mental gymnastics.

I hope I'm just coping, but I noticed it in other people first. I wish I were different.

>> No.13578426

To answere the question, why people still do that bs even though they critisize it;

Because it is a whole fucking system. A few people alone cannot change shit