[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 998 KB, 1169x567, angry higher mammal.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1357064 No.1357064 [Reply] [Original]

all right, /lit/, you've stumped me.
i'll agree that most females that i have known throughout my life have been ignorant and vapid, but then again, so have most males (not that i'm insulting males). i give up on wading throught the satire and misogyny and i just want a straight answer, once and for all, about you guys (and yes, i mean males specifically).
no gimmicks. seriously. do you really believe that females are less intelligent than males?

>> No.1357069

No.

>> No.1357070

yes

>> No.1357072

No. I have an easier time discussing among men topics about which I am intelligent. That does not mean much.

>> No.1357075

No, I do not believe that men are more or less intelligent than women.

>> No.1357076

When you compare me and my brother to my sister, she's like dawdling through life all confused and shit and has no self-awareness and listens to shit music and reads Stephen King. Males just have a solider perspective on life and pwn girls at sports and videogames and math and literature and other creative pursuits.

>> No.1357093

everyone on earth is a faggot moron

>> No.1357100

honestly, i don't see why they would be - they have the same brains as males as far as cognitive capabilities go, but as far as my own experiences go, ive never met a female that showed me the same level of intelligence ive seen in males (that i know personally).

>> No.1357102

>>1357076
funny, because you and your brother are to your sister what i am to my (older) brother, if that sentence isn't too convoluted to understand.

>> No.1357106

Do I honestly believe that men are more intelligent than women?
No, of course not.

That being said, I've yet to meet a woman who I could have a serious intellectual conversation with and actually contribute to it. I'm staying optimistic on this situation by saying I'm not looking in the right spots.

>> No.1357110

>>1357076
males better at sports video games, therefore superior at everything

>>1357093
down with this. most accurate post itt

>>1357100
see like my experience is the exact opposite, i've met an immense amount of girls who were tremendously intelligent, many of them being mad smart and also much more hardworking and together and cool than I will ever be. that's why it always confuses me when people talk about women being stupid - there is, in my life, such a plethora of evidence to the contrary that i just cannot understand it.

>> No.1357111

I don't believe that, no. Whether male or female, people will be stupid and the intelligent ones are rare. And honestly, in my age group (20's), I've came across more intelligent females than intelligent males.

>> No.1357113

>>1357102

or maybe you just have an unwarranted sense of self-importance. you're gonna have to explain that a little better and tell me why you're so much better than your brother.

>> No.1357114

Are you kidding me, I'm a girl and I read plenty, including classics. I've done nanowrimo before. I can hold a discussion on politics. I take 3 AP classes, and I'm 15.

Maybe it's just me, but females are a lot more rational, intelligent, and mature than males, at least the ones I know.

>> No.1357116 [DELETED] 

>>1357114

>I'm a middle class and overprivileged female, therefore females are smarter

>> No.1357122

>>1357076
yeah, ive observed that too. its like females dont have the drive to be intelligent that males do, and end up being dumbshits and making dumbass decisions.

>> No.1357123
File: 261 KB, 512x384, 1220913372646.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>you'll never have a conversation with a female about Being and Time

>> No.1357130

>>1357114
At your age, that is very true. Some young men mature in their teens but really they become pseudo at best. You will probably be happier with someone much older. Wait, wtf. I'm not hitting on you, I swear I had a point..

>> No.1357131

>>1357114

>Maybe it's just me, but females are a lot more rational, intelligent, and mature than males, at least the ones I know.

you probably think that cause you judge maturity, rationality and intelligence based on bullshit female criteria.

>> No.1357135

>>1357123
>Implying Sartre didn't talk to Simone
if you don't know about something, please pass over it in silence.

>> No.1357137

>>1357131
In a high school environment, I believe I have valid judgment on this subject.

>> No.1357138

>>1357113
all of the same reasons that you're 'so much better' than your sister that you mentioned in your first post. and self-importance is a little bit much. don't be angry just because you're being challenged.

>> No.1357142

>>1357123
>you'll never take the Time to be Being inside a female

>> No.1357145
File: 21 KB, 272x363, al-green-lay-it-down-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357138
>>1357137

>mfw the females in this thread are proving how dumb they are for us

>> No.1357146

>>1357114
yeah people are just crazy, don't let it sweat you none. keep bein' awesome

>>1357130
you got a good point here duder, amongst teens it's difficult to really talk about this because women mature so much earlier than dudes. good point.

>>1357131
you crazy. i think it is true that men who are intelligent (particularly the kind who come on 4chan) tend to have this weird fetishistic regard for classicism, and Thinking Being Thoughts, and Being Serious, and because of this they have certain very specific standards for what constitutes rationality, maturity, and intelligence. they have this ideal of a Smart Classy Man which is a dude sitting around drinking brandy, smoking a pipe, and discussing the Iliad or Nietzsche or what have you. which is a fine definition of intelligence but not exclusive you dig? which i think is relevant to the question of why people like you think the way they do.

>> No.1357147

Nah.

>> No.1357148

>>1357145
Not all of the females in the thread revealed their gender.

>> No.1357153

>>1357148

Yes, and there's a reason you're ashamed of it and you know it.

>> No.1357158

>>1357153
I'm not ashamed, but I do know that I will be persecuted and talked down to. And there was really no reason for me to say I was female in my post.

>> No.1357161

>>1357158

>I will be persecuted and talked down to

Cry more, bitch.

>> No.1357164

>>1357161
:\

>> No.1357165

>>1357161
>>1357153
What makes this kind of shit okay, to you? What have you gone through, what kind of processes go on in your head? Why is this fucking bullshit and this hostility so fucking endemic on 4chan? Jesus fucking Christ, I'm a dude, I have a dick, I piss standing up, and this shit positively baffles me. It does not fucking make sense.

>> No.1357166

>>1357164

No, but seriously. Can I have hot steamy sex with you.

>> No.1357169

>>1357165

I Am A Female, Here Is My Vagina, You Can Have It.

>> No.1357175

>>1357169
thank u

>> No.1357179

>>1357165
/lit/ probably isn't the best place to ask. They're just as misogynistic, if not more, than most other boards.

>> No.1357180

>>1357165
>>1357165
>>1357165

i didn't think people like you existed on the internet

>> No.1357183

i am a Male.
i ate chili for lunch today
the chili gave me gas and now i'm farting
i have been farting into my hand and throwing it into my own face

that is all

>> No.1357185

Once women actually manage to contribute to literature or philosophy, then we'll talk. Along with women, niggers have yet to contribute a damn thing. All contributions come from whites, asians, or the middle east.

>> No.1357186

>>1357179
I mean, that makes it the place to ask, doesn't it? I want someone to explain their behavior... not the "women are better than men" stuff which I understand is basically influenced by anecdotal evidence, but the hostility and aggression.

>>1357180
what kind of person are we talking about here?

>> No.1357188

>>1357183

I am also a male
I fantasise about sweaty stinky bitches farting in my face.
Also shitting. I want them to shit and rub it all over themselves while I fuck their shitty vagina and then we kiss and trade her shit in our mouths. Never my shit though, that's gross.

>> No.1357190

>>1357186
sane people

>> No.1357191

>>1357188
if it was ur own shit it would b gay then lol

>> No.1357192

>>1357191

lmao spot on bruv

>> No.1357193

>>1357186
I don't even think the majority of them believe what they're saying. Or, I hope they don't. I just can't see how you can such immense hatred for an entire half of the world's population.

>> No.1357196

>>1357193
*can have such

>> No.1357197

ITT: Lies, misogyny, white knighting, and dumb female bitches. Just like every women-related thread on 4chan ever

>> No.1357201

>>1357193

I'm the most prominent mysogynist in the thread and all I want to do is hold and kiss them and care for them and fuck their vagina (with consent) and possibly the aforementioned shitting thing if they're up for it. I love women really and think they're equal in intelligence to men.

>> No.1357202

>>1357197
You mean *men trolling as dumb female bitches.

>> No.1357205

I pretty much don't take anyone under the age of 30 seriously. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy their company, sure I have fun and laugh with them, but I think of them as typical teenagers (even if they're 25). I don't even take myself seriously most of the time. The people I actually do listen to and respect are those at my work, but they're all between the ages of 30-60 and there's almost an even number between the sexes in my office.

That's not to say I haven't met some childish, stupid 45yr olds (etc). I guess it depends on the person's mindset for me. As for men vs. women, I'd say both are equally smart (or stupid). The problem is, I don't consider most of the people at my college to be men and women. I don't care if they're 26 and married with a kid. Most of the people here still act like the kids from my high school. The drama and attitude is different, but there nonetheless.

>> No.1357206

>>1357197
i direct you to:
>>1357183

check and mate

>> No.1357208

by Valerie Solanas
Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex.

It is now technically feasible to reproduce without the aid of males (or, for that matter, females) and to produce only females. We must begin immediately to do so. Retaining the mail has not even the dubious purpose of reproduction. The male is a biological accident: the Y (male) gene is an incomplete X (female) gene, that is, it has an incomplete set of chromosomes. In other words, the male is an incomplete female, a walking abortion, aborted at the gene stage. To be male is to be deficient, emotionally limited; maleness is a deficiency disease and males are emotional cripples.

The male is completely egocentric, trapped inside himself, incapable of empathizing or identifying with others, or love, friendship, affection of tenderness. He is a completely isolated unit, incapable of rapport with anyone. His responses are entirely visceral, not cerebral; his intelligence is a mere tool in the services of his drives and needs; he is incapable of mental passion, mental interaction; he can't relate to anything other than his own physical sensations. He is a half-dead, unresponsive lump, incapable of giving or receiving pleasure or happiness; consequently, he is at best an utter bore, an inoffensive blob, since only those capable of absorption in others can be charming. He is trapped in a twilight zone halfway between humans and apes, and is far worse off than the apes because, unlike the apes, he is capable of a large array of negative feelings -- hate, jealousy, contempt, disgust, guilt, shame, doubt -- and moreover, he is aware of what he is and what he isn't.

>> No.1357212

Although completely physical, the male is unfit even for stud service. Even assuming mechanical proficiency, which few men have, he is, first of all, incapable of zestfully, lustfully, tearing off a piece, but instead is eaten up with guilt, shame, fear and insecurity, feelings rooted in male nature, which the most enlightened training can only minimize; second, the physical feeling he attains is next to nothing; and third, he is not empathizing with his partner, but is obsessed with how he's doing, turning in an A performance, doing a good plumbing job. To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking dildo. It's often said that men use women. Use them for what? Surely not pleasure.

Eaten up with guilt, shame, fears and insecurities and obtaining, if he's lucky, a barely perceptible physical feeling, the male is, nonetheless, obsessed with screwing; he'll swim through a river of snot, wade nostril-deep through a mile of vomit, if he thinks there'll be a friendly pussy awaiting him. He'll screw a woman he despises, any snaggle-toothed hag, and furthermore, pay for the opportunity. Why? Relieving physical tension isn't the answer, as masturbation suffices for that. It's not ego satisfaction; that doesn't explain screwing corpses and babies.

Completely egocentric, unable to relate, empathize or identify, and filled with a vast, pervasive, diffuse sexuality, the male is pyschically passive. He hates his passivity, so he projects it onto women, defines the make as active, then sets out to prove that he is (`prove that he is a Man'). His main means of attempting to prove it is screwing (Big Man with a Big Dick tearing off a Big Piece). Since he's attempting to prove an error, he must `prove' it again and again. Screwing, then, is a desperate compulsive, attempt to prove he's not passive, not a woman; but he is passive and does want to be a woman.

>> No.1357213

Being an incomplete female, the male spends his life attempting to complete himself, to become female. He attempts to do this by constantly seeking out, fraternizing with and trying to live through an fuse with the female, and by claiming as his own all female characteristics -- emotional strength and independence, forcefulness, dynamism, decisiveness, coolness, objectivity, assertiveness, courage, integrity, vitality, intensity, depth of character, grooviness, etc -- and projecting onto women all male traits -- vanity, frivolity, triviality, weakness, etc. It should be said, though, that the male has one glaring area of superiority over the female -- public relations. (He has done a brilliant job of convincing millions of women that men are women and women are men). The male claim that females find fulfillment through motherhood and sexuality reflects what males think they'd find fulfilling if they were female.

Women, in other words, don't have penis envy; men have pussy envy. When the male accepts his passivity, defines himself as a woman (males as well as females thing men are women and women are men), and becomes a transvestite he loses his desire to screw (or to do anything else, for that matter; he fulfills himself as a drag queen) and gets his dick chopped off. He then achieves a continuous diffuse sexual feeling from `being a woman'. Screwing is, for a man, a defense against his desire to be female. He is responsible for:

>> No.1357214
File: 4 KB, 126x122, 1283951212842.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw someone copypasta's the SCUM manifesto

>> No.1357215

War: The male's normal compensation for not being female, namely, getting his Big Gun off, is grossly inadequate, as he can get it off only a very limited number of times; so he gets it off on a really massive scale, and proves to the entire world that he's a `Man'. Since he has no compassion or ability to empathize or identify, proving his manhood is worth an endless amount of mutilation and suffering and an endless number of lives, including his own -- his own life being worthless, he would rather go out in a blaze of glory than to plod grimly on for fifty more years.

Niceness, Politeness, and `Dignity': Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shit. Overwhelmed by a sense of animalism and deeply ashamed of it; wanting, not to express himself, but to hide from others his total physicality, total egocentricity, the hate and contempt he feels for other men, and to hide from himself the hate and contempt he suspects other men feel for him; having a crudely constructed nervous system that is easily upset by the least display of emotion or feeling, the male tries to enforce a `social' code that ensures perfect blandness, unsullied by the slightest trace or feeling or upsetting opinion. He uses terms like `copulate', `sexual congress', `have relations with' (to men sexual relations is a redundancy), overlaid with stilted manners; the suit on the chimp.

>> No.1357217

>>1357214
also im a boy aka walking abortion

>> No.1357218

>>1357208
>>1357208
>>1357212
>>1357215

I've never read such garbage in my life. Lol if any females reading this feel better about themselves and don't recoil in disgust.

>> No.1357220

Money, Marriage and Prostitution, Work and Prevention of an Automated Society: There is no human reason for money or for anyone to work more than two or three hours a week at the very most. All non-creative jobs (practically all jobs now being done) could have been automated long ago, and in a moneyless society everyone can have as much of the best of everything as she wants. But there are non-human, male reasons for wanting to maintain the money system:

1. Pussy. Despising his highly inadequate self, overcome with intense anxiety and a deep, profound loneliness when by his empty self, desperate to attach himself to any female in dim hopes of completing himself, in the mystical belief that by touching gold he'll turn to gold, the male craves the continuous companionship of women. The company of the lowest female is preferable to his own or that of other men, who serve only to remind him of his repulsiveness. But females, unless very young or very sick, must be coerced or bribed into male company.

>> No.1357221

>>1357208
>>1357212
>>1357213
>>1357215
haha someone doesn't like gettn her pooter poked

>> No.1357222

>>1357218
Valerie Solanas was actually a crazy person, though

>> No.1357224

2. Supply the non-relating male with the delusion of usefulness, and enable him to try to justify his existence by digging holes and then filling them up. Leisure time horrifies the male, who will have nothing to do but contemplate his grotesque self. Unable to relate or to love, the male must work. Females crave absorbing, emotionally satisfying, meaningful activity, but lacking the opportunity or ability for this, they prefer to idle and waste away their time in ways of their own choosing -- sleeping, shopping, bowling, shooting pool, playing cards and other games, breeding, reading, walking around, daydreaming, eating, playing with themselves, popping pills, going to the movies, getting analyzed, traveling, raising dogs and cats, lolling about on the beach, swimming, watching TV, listening to music, decorating their houses, gardening, sewing, nightclubbing, dancing, visiting, `improving their minds' (taking courses), and absorbing `culture' (lectures, plays, concerts, `arty' movies). Therefore, many females would, even assuming complete economic equality between the sexes, prefer living with males or peddling their asses on the street, thus having most of their time for themselves, to spending many hours of their days doing boring, stultifying, non-creative work for someone else, functioning as less than animals, as machines, or, at best -- if able to get a `good' job -- co-managing the shitpile. What will liberate women, therefore, from male control is the total elimination of the money-work system, not the attainment of economic equality with men within it.

>> No.1357225

3. Power and control. Unmasterful in his personal relations with women, the male attains to masterfulness by the manipulation of money and everything controlled by money, in other words, of everything and everybody.

4. Love substitute. Unable to give love or affection, the male gives money. It makes him feel motherly. The mother gives milk; he gives bread. He is the Breadwinner.

5. Provide the male with a goal. Incapable of enjoying the moment, the male needs something to look forward to, and money provides him with an eternal, never-ending goal: Just think of what you could do with 80 trillion dollars -- invest it! And in three years time you'd have 300 trillion dollars!!!

6. Provide the basis for the male's major opportunity to control and manipulate -- fatherhood.

>> No.1357226

>>1357222
Fatherhood and Mental Illness (fear, cowardice, timidity, humility, insecurity, passivity): Mother wants what's best for her kids; Daddy only wants what's best for Daddy, that is peace and quiet, pandering to his delusion of dignity (`respect'), a good reflection on himself (status) and the opportunity to control and manipulate, or, if he's an `enlightened' father, to `give guidance'. His daughter, in addition, he wants sexually -- he givers her hand in marriage; the other part is for him. Daddy, unlike Mother, can never give in to his kids, as he must, at all costs, preserve his delusion of decisiveness, forcefulness, always-rightness and strength. Never getting one's way leads to lack of self-confidence in one's ability to cope with the world and to a passive acceptance of the status quo. Mother loves her kids, although she sometimes gets angry, but anger blows over quickly and even while it exists, doesn't preclude love and basic acceptance. Emotionally diseased Daddy doesn't love his kids; he approves of them -- if they're `good', that is, if they're nice, `respectful', obedient, subservient to his will, quiet and not given to unseemly displays of temper that would be most upsetting to Daddy's easily disturbed male nervous system -- in other words, if they're passive vegetables. If they're not `good', he doesn't get angry -- not if he's a modern, `civilized' father (the old-fashioned ranting, raving brute is preferable, as he is so ridiculous he can be easily despised) -- but rather express disapproval, a state that, unlike anger, endures and precludes a basic acceptance, leaving the kid with the feeling of worthlessness and a lifelong obsession wit being approved of; the result is fear of independent thought, as this leads to unconventional, disapproved of opinions and way of life.

>> No.1357229

For the kid to want Daddy's approval it must respect Daddy, and being garbage, Daddy can make sure that he is respected only by remaining aloof, by distantness, by acting on the precept of `familiarity breeds contempt', which is, of course, true, if one is contemptible. By being distant and aloof, he is able to remain unknown, mysterious, and thereby, to inspire fear (`respect').

Disapproval of emotional `scenes' leads to fear of strong emotion, fear of one's own anger and hatred. Fear of anger and hatred combined with a lack of self-confidence in one's ability to cope with and change the world, or even to affect in the slightest way one's own destiny, leads to a mindless belief that the world and most people in it are nice and the most banal, trivial amusements are great fun and deeply pleasurable.

The affect of fatherhood on males, specifically, is to make them `Men', that is, highly defensive of all impulses to passivity, faggotry, and of desires to be female. Every boy wants to imitate his mother, be her, fuse with her, but Daddy forbids this; he is the mother; he gets to fuse with her. So he tells the boy, sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly, to not be a sissy, to act like a `Man'. The boy, scared shitless of and `respecting' his father, complies, and becomes just like Daddy, that model of `Man'-hood, the all-American ideal -- the well-behaved heterosexual dullard.

>> No.1357230

The effect of fatherhood on females is to make them male -- dependent, passive, domestic, animalistic, insecure, approval and security seekers, cowardly, humble, `respectful' of authorities and men, closed, not fully responsive, half-dead, trivial, dull, conventional, flattened-out and thoroughly contemptible. Daddy's Girl, always tense and fearful, uncool, unanalytical, lacking objectivity, appraises Daddy, and thereafter, other men, against a background of fear (`respect') and is not only unable to see the empty shell behind the facade, but accepts the male definition of himself as superior, as a female, and of herself, as inferior, as a male, which, thanks to Daddy, she really is.

It is the increase of fatherhood, resulting from the increased and more widespread affluence that fatherhood needs in order to thrive, that has caused the general increase of mindlessness and the decline of women in the United States since the 1920s. The close association of affluence with fatherhood has led, for the most part, to only the wrong girls, namely, the `privileged' middle class girls, getting `educated'.

The effect of fathers, in sum, has been to corrode the world with maleness. The male has a negative Midas Touch -- everything he touches turns to shit.

>> No.1357234

On Women.
by

Arthur Schopenhauer

These few words of Jouy, Sans les femmes le commencement de notre vie seroit privé de secours, le milieu de plaisirs et la fin de consolation, more exactly express, in my opinion, the true praise of woman than Schiller’s poem, Würde der Frauen, which is the fruit of much careful thought and impressive because of its antithesis and use of contrast. The same thing is more pathetically expressed by Byron in Sardanapalus, Act i, Sc. 2:—

“The very first
Of human life must spring from woman’s breast,
Your first small words are taught you from her lips,
Your first tears quench’d by her, and your last sighs
Too often breathed out in a woman’s hearing,
When men have shrunk from the ignoble care
Of watching the last hour of him who led them.”

Both passages show the right point of view for the appreciation of women.

One need only look at a woman’s shape to discover that she is not intended for either too much mental or too much physical work. She pays the debt of life not by what she does but by what she suffers—by the pains of child-bearing, care for the child, and by subjection to man, to whom she should be a patient and cheerful companion. The greatest sorrows and joys or great exhibition of strength are not assigned to her; her life should flow more quietly, more gently, and less obtrusively than man’s, without her being essentially happier or unhappier.

>> No.1357235

>>1357234

Women are directly adapted to act as the nurses and educators of our early childhood, for the simple reason that they themselves are childish, foolish, and short-sighted—in a word, are big children all their lives, something intermediate between the child and the man, who is a man in the strict sense of the word. Consider how a young girl will toy day after day with a child, dance with it and sing to it; and then consider what a man, with the very best intentions in the world, could do in her place.

>> No.1357236

I don't care so much about intelligence as I do the person as a whole. I would much, much rather be in the company of a person who had never finished middle school and couldn't read or write if they were warm and caring, rather than a smug, angsty loser who could describe astrophysics but couldn't hold an innocent conversation about a new movie without resorting to explaining why it was ruining society.

The person I have the highest respect for is a colleague of mine. I'm 20 and she's nearly 60, but she's the loveliest person I've ever met. It still shocks me how nice and caring she is, even to people she doesn't know. She's one of those people that bring a smile to your face just by being around them, I've never seen her lose her patience or make an unkind remark in all the time I've worked with her.

>> No.1357239

>>1357235

With girls, Nature has had in view what is called in a dramatic sense a “striking effect,” for she endows them for a few years with a richness of beauty and a, fulness of charm at the expense of the rest of their lives; so that they may during these years ensnare the fantasy of a man to such a degree as to make him rush into taking the honourable care of them, in some kind of form, for a lifetime—a step which would not seem sufficiently justified if he only considered the matter. Accordingly, Nature has furnished woman, as she has the rest of her creatures, with the weapons and implements necessary for the protection of her existence and for just the length of time that they will be of service to her; so that Nature has proceeded here with her usual economy. Just as the female ant after coition loses her wings, which then become superfluous, nay, dangerous for breeding purposes, so for the most part does a woman lose her beauty after giving birth to one or two children; and probably for the same reasons.

Then again we find that young girls in their hearts regard their domestic or other affairs as secondary things, if not as a mere jest. Love, conquests, and all that these include, such as dressing, dancing, and so on, they give their serious attention.

>> No.1357240

>>1357234
Valerie Solanis ate pussy
Schopenhauer was a pussy
therefore
Valerie Solanis would eat Schopenhauer
checkmate
/d&e

>> No.1357242
File: 44 KB, 500x357, 1285551158182.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The fact that you guys are actually taking that manifesto seriously and sneering at it shows how limited your mind is.

>> No.1357243

>>1357236
You are a good person, my friend. Probably too good for this portion of the Internet... keep being rad.

>> No.1357244

Suppression of Individuality, Animalism (domesticity and motherhood), and Functionalism: The male is just a bunch of conditioned reflexes, incapable of a mentally free response; he is tied to he earliest conditioning, determined completely by his past experiences. His earliest experiences are with his mother, and he is throughout his life tied to her. It never becomes completely clear to the make that he is not part of his mother, that he is he and she is she.

His greatest need is to be guided, sheltered, protected and admired by Mama (men expect women to adore what men shrink from in horror -- themselves) and, being completely physical, he yearns to spend his time (that's not spent `out in the world' grimly defending against his passivity) wallowing in basic animal activities -- eating, sleeping, shitting, relaxing and being soothed by Mama. Passive, rattle-headed Daddy's Girl, ever eager for approval, for a pat on the head, for the `respect' if any passing piece of garbage, is easily reduced to Mama, mindless ministrator to physical needs, soother of the weary, apey brow, booster of the tiny ego, appreciator of the contemptible, a hot water bottle with tits.

>> No.1357247

>>1357236
harold and maude?

>> No.1357248

>>1357236
This.
A good person above all.
I know plenty of stuffy intelligent people, who think they're better than everyone else. Just not worth being around.

>> No.1357249
File: 25 KB, 291x239, valerie-solanas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357240
with a face like that she had no choice ho ho ho ho

>> No.1357251

>>1357239
The nobler and more perfect a thing is, the later and slower is it in reaching maturity. Man reaches the maturity of his reasoning and mental faculties scarcely before he is eight-and-twenty; woman when she is eighteen; but hers is reason of very narrow limitations. This is why women remain children all their lives, for they always see only what is near at hand, cling to the present, take the appearance of a thing for reality, and prefer trifling matters to the most important. It is by virtue of man’s reasoning powers that he does not live in the present only, like the brute, but observes and ponders over the past and future; and from this spring discretion, care, and that anxiety which we so frequently notice in people. The advantages, as well as the disadvantages, that this entails, make woman, in consequence of her weaker reasoning powers, less of a partaker in them. Moreover, she is intellectually short-sighted, for although her intuitive understanding quickly perceives what is near to her, on the other hand her circle of vision is limited and does not embrace anything that is remote; hence everything that is absent or past, or in the future, affects women in a less degree than men. This is why they have greater inclination for extravagance, which sometimes borders on madness. Women in their hearts think that men are intended to earn money so that they may spend it, if possible during their husband’s lifetime, but at any rate after his death.

>> No.1357254

>>1357249
She made the Greatest artist of the 20th (and 21st century), Warhol, shit in a bag for the rest of his life. Valerie Solanis and womynkind are ftw. deal with it.

>> No.1357256

>>1357251
As soon as he has given them his earnings on which to keep house they are strengthened in this belief. Although all this entails many disadvantages, yet it has this advantage—that a woman lives more in the present than a man, and that she enjoys it more keenly if it is at all bearable. This is the origin of that cheerfulness which is peculiar to woman and makes her fit to divert man, and in case of need, to console him when he is weighed down by cares. To consult women in matters of difficulty, as the Germans used to do in old times, is by no means a matter to be overlooked; for their way of grasping a thing is quite different from ours, chiefly because they like the shortest way to the point, and usually keep their attention fixed upon what lies nearest; while we, as a rule, see beyond it, for the simple reason that it lies under our nose; it then becomes necessary for us to be brought back to the thing in order to obtain a near and simple view. This is why women are more sober in their judgment than we, and why they see nothing more in things than is really there; while we, if our passions are roused, slightly exaggerate or add to our imagination.

>> No.1357257

No inherent difference- though female intellectual confidence can be lower due to internalisation of social norms.

>> No.1357263

>>1357251
Valerie lived in the 20th century
Schopenhauer in the 19th
Valerie was therefore aware of the incredible leap in technological and scientific knowledge, if only indirectly--Schopenhauer had no knowledge of psychoanalysis for instance. I'm not going to trust someone from the dark ages over someone who was a contemporary of the moon landing.

>> No.1357264

>>1357256
It is because women’s reasoning powers are weaker that they show more sympathy for the unfortunate than men, and consequently take a kindlier interest in them. On the other hand, women are inferior to men in matters of justice, honesty, and conscientiousness. Again, because their reasoning faculty is weak, things clearly visible and real, and belonging to the present, exercise a power over them which is rarely counteracted by abstract thoughts, fixed maxims, or firm resolutions, in general, by regard for the past and future or by consideration for what is absent and remote. Accordingly they have the first and principal qualities of virtue, but they lack the secondary qualities which are often a necessary instrument in developing it. Women may be compared in this respect to an organism that has a liver but no gall-bladder.9 So that it will be found that the fundamental fault in the character of women is that they have no “sense of justice.”

>> No.1357269

>>1357264

(cont)This arises from their deficiency in the power of reasoning already referred to, and reflection, but is also partly due to the fact that Nature has not destined them, as the weaker sex, to be dependent on strength but on cunning; this is why they are instinctively crafty, and have an ineradicable tendency to lie. For as lions are furnished with claws and teeth, elephants with tusks, boars with fangs, bulls with horns, and the cuttlefish with its dark, inky fluid, so Nature has provided woman for her protection and defence with the faculty of dissimulation, and all the power which Nature has given to man in the form of bodily strength and reason has been conferred on woman in this form. Hence, dissimulation is innate in woman and almost as characteristic of the very stupid as of the clever. Accordingly, it is as natural for women to dissemble at every opportunity as it is for those animals to turn to their weapons when they are attacked; and they feel in doing so that in a certain measure they are only making use of their rights. Therefore a woman who is perfectly truthful and does not dissemble is perhaps an impossibility. This is why they see through dissimulation in others so easily; therefore it is not advisable to attempt it with them. From the fundamental defect that has been stated, and all that it involves, spring falseness, faithlessness, treachery, ungratefulness, and so on. In a court of justice women are more often found guilty of perjury than men. It is indeed to be generally questioned whether they should be allowed to take an oath at all. From time to time there are repeated cases everywhere of ladies, who want for nothing, secretly pocketing and taking away things from shop counters.

>> No.1357275

i was just having a similar conversation with my very smart female friend. We discussed the problem of society teaching smart women that they have one of two paths: to either become vain and vapid adhering to the culture of more is better, or to become a feminist who hates anything phallic. It is tough for someone like her to live in this society by being a beautiful feminine creature, and a strong intellectual, yet somehow she pulls it off. She is one in a million.

>> No.1357281

k bros maybe we want to be faggots and spam essays some more yeah yeah?

>> No.1357282

>>1357269
god schopenhauer is boring. I'm glad I don't think that it's worth reading.

>> No.1357283

>>1357275

haha trust me bro whatever is "very smart" to you isn't very smart to other (actually smart) people rofl

>> No.1357285

At least where I am from, men try harder than girls. If they find something difficult they coerce someone to do it for them. This leads them to be socially more advanced, but can't do much else besides makeup, dress well, and work as a waitress/salesperson.

>> No.1357286

>>1357281

yesh plz more essays

>> No.1357287

>do you really believe that females are less intelligent than males?

Yes.

If women were more intelligent naturally, they wouldn't need equal rights groups, protesting and the campaign for the right to vote.

They would have had them anyway. Women need things given to them on a plate. Give a woman a box of screws and planks, she will have no idea what she is doing. They can't fight, draw, run, lift, reason, discover, explore, argue or work as hard as men in any capacity.

"They're lovely creatures, but I wouldn't want to own one"

>> No.1357288

>>1357283
what a tremendous dickhead you are
>>1357281
god no, no more fucking spam

>> No.1357289

>>1357243
>>1357248
Glad to see others agree, I'm not perfect but whenever I come across someone that says something I think is dumb, I imagine telling someone else "Jeez they're dumb" and having them overhear me. That would be hurtful (something that I don't really think about when I'm thinking that they're dumb), and then I'd feel like shit. So (depending on the situation) I try to nicely show them my side, or steer them toward something /I/ think is better, or just smile and shrug and forget about it. I used to be pretty miserable before I picked this attitude up. I'd remember idiotic remarks and wrongs done to me for weeks. I'm a much happier person now though lol.

Oh & about my colleague, what's sad is that her son is my age and he's horrible. He grew up with his dad, and he's selfish, greedy, manipulative, spiteful, immature, all that not-so-fun stuff. Makes me sad that such a nice lady has to put up with such a bratty kid.

>> No.1357296

>>1357283
she would make you look like her bitch, she's done it to several, much more intelligent, men

>> No.1357297

>>1357254
Nice dracula boots, wanna fuck?

>> No.1357302

>>1357297
lol, i'm a feminist because the ladies LOVE it. seriously, i'm taking a shower now.

>> No.1357304

>>1357205
this. we're too full of ourselves at such a young age to be taken srsly. the fact that everyone tries to just proves it.

i thought i was so mature when i was 13. when i was 16 i shook my head and chuckled at how i was so childish back then. a year later i was shocked at how much i'd grown up. at 18 i felt world weary. at 19 i was convinced i could accurately perceive everyone/thing and their actions. at 20 i laughed at how stupid i'd been and how much more i knew then. i'm 21 now and the attitude still holds the same, except now i've realized it so it's a lot easier to go about when you take everything you think with a grain of salt. makes life fun and funny.

>> No.1357307

>>1357289

what kind of a faggot is friends with a 60 year old woman? why don't you just go and hang out with little kids. that's how much of a weirdo you are. you're like michael jackson. you only can handle pure innocence cuz ur touched in the head, haha fucking paedo.

>> No.1357310

>>1357254
>21st century
>Solanis
>womynkind
"..."

>> No.1357311

>>1357287
Wow. Social darwinism. Yea, and negroes are retarded.

>> No.1357313

>>1357251
>>1357256
>>1357264
>>1357269
It's sort of funny, as for me, he seems to be inadvertently complementing women, in that they have access to everything outside the world (in the Heideggerian sense of "earth," that which is self-concealing) and thus can act as a sort of Dionysian reservoir for the weary male soul. Once you realize the implications of the alethaic concept of truth, the social intelligence of women becomes a lot more extraordinary. If anyone has the time, Gadamer's essay "Who am I and who are you?" is sort of related to this idea.

>> No.1357315

>>1357296

don't care about your stupid shit. also stop talking about yourself in the third person, dumb bitch. i transcend conventional intellectual discourse irl so she couldn't pwn me irl no woman could lmao

>> No.1357316

>>1357310
Name one visual artist so far this century who rivals warhol..
problem, anon?

>> No.1357317
File: 12 KB, 426x304, 1290483456630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357307

>> No.1357322

>>1357315
>>1357307
>>1357283
okay i take it back, you're not a dickhead, you're actually hilarious

>> No.1357325

>>1357316
~*he is still a 20th century artist*~

>> No.1357327

>>1357311

No, the environment in which Africans live makes them stupid, on the whole. A black man is as suitable as a white man for education and training. A woman isn't.

Women are completely different. They have contributed nothing, they are capable of nothing uniquely. Any achievement they claim was due to a man's work and the only men who disagree with me haven't figured this out for my self yet.

They simply aren't as intelligent as men. They aren't as rational or as resourceful.

If you can't see this then have fun being used for all of your life.

>> No.1357328

>>1357315
>i transcend conventional intellectual discourse
i chuckled

>> No.1357329

>>1357313
Ah, here's poem by Celan that Gadamer talks about which is really relevant to what I'm saying:

"Into the grooves
of heaven's coin in the door-crack
you press the word,
from which I unrolled,
when with trembling fists
I dismantled the roof over us,
slate by slate,
syllable by syllable,
for the sake of the copper-
shimmer of the beggar's-
pan up there."

>> No.1357332

ITT: everyone's Symbolic Order is showing

>> No.1357338

Gee I wonder why you all can't meet intelligent women..
Go to a strip club and talk to a real woman. I'll be shocked if you can't have an intelligent conversation with one of them ladies...and you get to see tits, but for fuck's sake tip the women for their time please. And this isn't a joke. I just know a stripper is the only one who would give you assholes the time of day. I play dumb when I'm talking to a jerk off just like so many other girls.

>> No.1357347

Men produce more geniuses. They also produce more marginals.

However, men in charge of movements often forget that women have been the vast middle, the backbone of every successful group that tries to change society.

Also, to some of the stuff above: Yes, there are women who can understand philosophy, it's just that they /don't care/ unless it is made personal, usually through social bonds/attention.

This is the source of that Kierkegaard journal entry about how talking to a woman about religion is the surest way to have her fall in love with you.

>> No.1357355
File: 16 KB, 624x352, 1283005423090.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A woman: Smart enough to know that with the proper makeup/hair/clothes and maybe a tiny bit of acting, she can sucker nearly any man into giving her everything her heart desires (money, gifts, sex, adoration) and when she tires of him, feels no compunction about dropping him and moving on to the next one

A man: Dumb enough to be dazzled by the makeup and kisses, and to eagerly give her whatever she wants, and cries when she leaves him with half of what he owns

Truth hurts. U puddi?

>> No.1357358

>>1357338

>Gee I wonder why you all can't meet intelligent women..

You've been decieved.

I got engaged not because she was intelligent or I considered her my equal, I did it because she's sexually attractive, it's financial interest to do so and I like spending time with her.

I'm sure she doesn't consider me her "equal" or anything stupid like that. I also doubt she gives a shit how intelligent I am. She cares about having a stable relationship, having fun and starting a family.

Who the fuck cares if a girl doesn't read Kafka and Tolstoy? She probably doesn't understand it or have any interest in it. As long as a woman can hold decent conversation, cook, clean, look nice and isn't vulgar then it does not matter how intelligent she is

>> No.1357360

>>1357332
it is? whoa...uhh...wahh...*falls off simpsons' treehouse and breaks leg*

>> No.1357364

women can be smart see? but not as smart as men cuz we owns everythings, fuhgeddabowdit

>> No.1357366

Sometimes I wish it was possible to know more about the people you have a conversation/debate with online. I'd love to know if people here are basing their experience on the sixteen year old girls from the ghetto they go to high school with, or the twenty year old heirs in college, or the middle aged women from their sibling's Boy Scout troop, or who knows what else. I find it hard to believe that at our age, we have more than the barest of experience with women in general.

>> No.1357374

God, it is great being an attractive woman with low morals. I don't have to lift a finger, and I don't care who I have to manipulate in order to be satisfied.

>> No.1357378

>>1357366

>I find it hard to believe that at our age

I'm 25 and I have a fair amount of experience.

I don't hate them. They aren't stupid. They just aren't as capable as men.

see >>1357358

There are a lot of future divorces on this board. Quit thinking about your beautiful little snowflake of a girlfriend and start making her work for things.

>> No.1357379

>>1357358
So...yea what I said, you can't meet an intelligent woman.
And by the way gross.

>> No.1357380

>>1357358
>mad that women won't speak to him, reads h.p. lovecraft and george rr martin

>> No.1357389

>>1357378
>I'm 25 and I have a fair amount of experience.

see >>1357205

I'm sure you completely convinced of how much you know, bro.

>> No.1357391

>>1357380

>mad that women won't speak to him

They speak to me a lot, most of the time I just don't pay any attention unless its my fiance or an elderly woman.

I learned a long time ago that the best way to avoid drama is to have a large amount of male friends and a few close female friends.

>mad because all the love letters, cute texts, smiles, home work help, best friend moments, hugs and cuddles didn't get you anything apart from sad.

It's okay. I've been there too. Soon you will learn to treat them how they treat you.

>> No.1357400

Cool thread.

>> No.1357402

>>1357391
>treat them how they treat you.
prime example of the "gettin laid" mentality folks, ice cold

>> No.1357404

>>1357391
>women aren't interested in kafka bawwwww
oh i know i'll get a harem of other homos and trick one lucky lady into being a maid by throwing the dick at her for five minutes a week!
>you are an hero

>> No.1357406
File: 16 KB, 360x323, bell_curve.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here's how I see things.

>> No.1357410

>>1357389

Haha, I guess I missed that post.

You're probably right, but it's all relative. I don't pay attention to people under 21. 21 y/o's do the same to 18 and unders.

People think lesser of those younger than them, it's only natural. My "experience" isn't anything vulgar and crass like having sex with club sluts, I just had a pretty turbulent love life and social life in general throughout my late teens and early 20s.

It's my experience of women. They aren't that dependable. Fun to be around, lovely to be with and they can even have intelligent moments.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why men defend them so much though. Women don't defend us when discussing men, but we defend them. To the point of insult and accusation.

Exactly what they want.

>> No.1357412

PROTIP: Go for the nerdy asian girls.

My chinese girlfriend is incredibly intelligent and sweet; nothing at all like the dumb white sluts around.

>> No.1357415

>>1357412
and bonus: she lets you watch all the animes

>> No.1357422

>>1357404

>women aren't interested in kafka bawwwww

Completely missed the point, I don't CARE if they are or not. I wouldn't want to engage in discussion with a woman about serious literature any way, there are much better things to discuss.

>oh i know i'll let women do whatever they want and trick me into giving them all my money and time for 5 minutes of sex where she's thinking about someone else.

But I guess it's okay, because she's your intelligent equal.

>> No.1357425

>>1357422
>implying she doesn't give me all her money
>implying 5 minutes isn't enough, nay TOO MUCH
>implying you don't care that they don't care when you really care too much
anyway I'm just horseing around for chrissake, you're a real prince you know that?

>> No.1357426

>>1357415
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

>> No.1357429

>>1357410
*shrug* Different life experiences I suppose. I haven't met many girls that are actually good people, but I haven't met any dudes that are decent either. Oh sure, fun to chill with, what have you. But in the end, not worth keeping in touch.

I guess I'm fairly apathetic towards people as a whole, so in *my* experience I don't have a "lesser of two evils", they all seem (in most cases, not to say I don't know some fine men/women) to be equally meh.

>> No.1357431

>>1357425
nice post freakin' holden caufield. jesus freakin christ... buncha savages on this freakin' baord...

>> No.1357439

>>1357415
Heh, she has a far higher powerlevel than me and has elevated my opinion of animu by recommending some good titles to me. She doesn't babble obnoxiously about it though, it's just a hobby to her.

>> No.1357452

>>1357426
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlaJ4zPbSI

>> No.1357454

>>1357374

What sorts of menial tasks do you get men to volunteer themselves to do for you in daily life? Or, what do men elect to do for you, day in and day out? How do you dispose of the man hoping to get some after he has been momentarily useful?

>> No.1357462
File: 33 KB, 469x428, coolface_says_problem_lining_question_mark.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This thread

>> No.1357463

Nope. Why would anyone?

>> No.1357471

LOL OM MY GOD I WAS TALKING TUU THIS GIRL ONE TIME AND SHE WAS ALL

"LOL, THE METAMORPHOSIS? WAHTS DAT, I LOVE READING"

LOL WHAT A DUMB SLUT CUNT, AMIRITE?

>> No.1357475

>>1357454
Give an example? I have a part time job so I don't get bored (lazing around the house all day is awful and people don't interest me much). I don't do any household chores, but I'm not a slob either. If a guy turns out be a jerk, or if he starts whining, I just pack my shit and wish them well.

>> No.1357477

>>1357471
i hope you gave her a good deep dicking good sir! from orbit with fire!

>> No.1357478

>>1357475

You sound like a girl who I used to go to 6th form with.

After a while, I gave up doing nice things and had really violent sex with her. She told me she wanted it hard, I ended up getting her pregnant.

Showed her.

>> No.1357486

>>1357478
I'd just get an abortion if I didn't want it. No skin off my back.

I'm pretty careful though and I've gotten to the point where if I wanted a kid I could have one, so if it ever accidentally happens I'd probably keep it.

>> No.1357491

>>1357486

>I'd just get an abortion if I didn't want it

See, that's the spirit.

You're the kind of person I would like to spend time with. Are you sure you aren't a man, pretending to be a woman on the internet? You seem quite to the point and reasonable.

You haven't even posted pictures of yourself trying to look pretty. I'm impressed.

>> No.1357500

>>1357491
Lol, no, I believe wholeheartedly in being polite and respectful. I rarely call others out when they act like shitheads. But I'm also not going to bother trying to look like a good gal, especially anonymously online, when I DO manipulate & use others for my own benefit.

I do tend to go for the easily disposable, the guys who are looking for a trophy girlfriend, because they have the worst attitudes and it's funny to me that someone so repulsive is out there. I guess the same could be said about myself lol, oh well.

>> No.1357502

i'm eating key lime pie and it is good

>> No.1357504
File: 9 KB, 341x341, 1284304946007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Obvious troll & where are the cancer of /lit/, the tripfags to be found? not here lol! well apart from d&e essay spamming.

you guys are so lame falling for that 'any job i want 500 starting' over and over again two.

HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT

>> No.1357505
File: 27 KB, 419x333, 1264113836055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357502
wat

>> No.1357506

>>1357502
tell me more about your theories

>> No.1357510
File: 45 KB, 525x494, 1283104791877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357502

>> No.1357513
File: 13 KB, 430x304, 1289925848738.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357502
so apparently....

....YOU COULD HOLD ALL THE LIMES??

>> No.1357515
File: 55 KB, 500x500, shakespeare-s-macbeth-cd-audio-book-247-p.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

also isnt it cool how my name & then Macbeth was on iplayer? i think thats quite cool, it was a good movie apart from the action scenes being a bit weird compared to a normal war film (to fit the lines in etc).

also think im gonna fap to the actress that played the wifey now.

>> No.1357518

>>1357500

>because they have the worst attitudes and it's funny to me that someone so repulsive is out there

I'm marrying the woman I'm marrying because:

Her parents are family friends, it makes sense to marry her on a social basis.
Her family has money
She's good fun
She's attractive
She would make a good mother
She can cook

Put it this way, I have no desire to have her as some sort of intellectual balance. People at work keep calling me Don Draper, I'm not sure if I like it or not.

You know what you want and you know what your limits are. Nothing wrong with that. As long as you aren't fat.

>> No.1357524

this convo is phony & you should both be ashamed/embarrassed

>> No.1357527

>>1357524

Hey fuck you, I've met the modern Ayn Rand here.

>> No.1357531

>>1357518
Heh, not at all & if I turn out like my mother, I'll be set for life. Now that was a blessing because I'm a fatty on the inside. I love food.

I don't plan on settling down myself for a long time, but once (if) I get the urge to do so, I'm going to find a nice, good guy to stick it out with. My life is great now though, if not a little boring sometimes. My current boyfriend and I are going to Italy in a few days though, should be lots of fun.

>> No.1357542

holyshit this thread sucks ass

>> No.1357553 [DELETED] 
File: 18 KB, 300x307, 1286083133814.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this thread is cancer to the tripfags
>tripfags are the caner to /lit/
>this thread is saving /lit/

>> No.1357565

>>1357553
wat
There have been two tripfag posters in this whole thread.

>> No.1357567

>>1357475

I'll just put it this way. I imagine that people go out of their way to be extra nice for you. If you are having a problem in your job, or in public, it's very easy for you to get your way. I imagine that when you apply to a job, if you already have the skill set for the job, it's that much easier for you to land the job, simply because you're attractive. I'm asking you to try to expand on what you yourself have just alluded to, because I'm curious.

>>1357358

It is (almost) never in a man's financial interest to get married, today. The statistical financial risk (divorce) is too great, and marriage, together with the expectation of normal life (children and home) are financially prohibitive. So, what is it that really, truly makes the venture "financially beneficial"? I'm willing to bet your situation is not an exception to the rule.

>> No.1357573

>>1357565
but the two that have posted cause massive amounts of faggotry

>> No.1357575

>>1357366

all bullshit aside, this is the wisest post in the whole thread. People under 30 (myself included) don't know shit about shit.

>> No.1357576

>>1357573
Nope. Only one. The second didn't have a single reply.

>> No.1357578

>>1357573
lolno, i point out faggotry & then you all get mad at me for it

>> No.1357585

>>1357578
You're not a tripfag, faggot.

>> No.1357590

>>1357567

>So, what is it that really, truly makes the venture "financially beneficial"? I'm willing to bet your situation is not an exception to the rule.

Her father is quite senior in the company I work for.

I'm also on good terms with him, and soon to be better terms when I marry his only daughter. Quite old fashioned I know, but I genuinely do love her.

We aren't paying for our own wedding, we have a house paid for and 0 debt. One of the guys above me is leaving to go work at Merrill Lynch, I can take his place easier now.

>> No.1357593

>>1357585
yes he is newfag

>> No.1357594

>>1357502
You are such a fucking liar, I know it's just that flavored yogurt.

>> No.1357597

>>1357567
Oh, yes. Things like that are ordinary for me. For ex: At work, we had a Christmas party planned out. One of the older ladies who had been here for several years pressed vehemently for it to be on Friday. I had plans Friday so I got my manager alone and hinted that I might not be able to go, and he quickly offered to change it to Saturday and I smiled gratefully. When they were doling out the supplies we would each bring, I got the turkey (who the fuck bakes a turkey for an office party, really). I kind of frowned and the woman who sits next to me offered to switch with me (even though I know she hates cooking) and I ended up with those little reindeer candycanes. I went home, tried to start them (the little pipe sticks gave me hell with my nails) and expressed some frustration - my boyfriend finished for me. I'm very careful to look abashed and grateful every time someone does something for me.

Most of the other girls in the office tell me I'm extremely lucky, that things just seem to go my way. I've overheard them saying how I always came out on top but they couldn't help but like me because I was so nice.

etc etc etc

>> No.1357599
File: 7 KB, 164x161, hydesmile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357593

>> No.1357603
File: 64 KB, 500x667, 1287233162768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357575
Don't know shit about shit. I like dat.

>> No.1357609

No.

>> No.1357611

Yes.

>> No.1357614

>>1357590

your reply is reasonable, but now I'm going to start hemming and hawing and qualifying. It still might be better to say "I am in a better position to afford this venture than 99% of the population, so I'm gonna go for it.", rather than "financially beneficial". And that's fine. It's just that you still carry so much risk. It's just that you're talking about managing a household in the 21st century, with the water wars in the offing. Who knows, maybe you really are that alpha.

>> No.1357634

Very interesting thread guys. Nice seeing other opinions & arguing for/against.

>> No.1357649

>>1357597
and here we have the perfect example of why i hate women.

>> No.1357652
File: 98 KB, 280x439, head_280x439_159321a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357649

>> No.1357664
File: 360 KB, 2114x1631, 1258389711024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes.

They are driven strictly by emotion and primal needs.

Logically fallacies plague their lives.

>> No.1357679

>>1357093

>> No.1357686

No.

>> No.1357691

>>1357597
Ew, you sound like a real fattie not a secret one.

>> No.1357695

>>1357691
You sound like a puddi cunt but I'm sure you're a nice guy or gal irl.

>> No.1357696

There are plenty of LIVING intelligent women who have made a thousand times greater contributions to science and philosophy than any of the virgin dorks in this thread could ever dream of, such as Helen Fisher, Carolyn Porco, Alison Gopnik, Susan Blackmore, Sherry Turkle, Irene Pepperberg, and Judith Harris - familiarize yourself with some of their writings.

I'm a guy btw, just familiar enough with the world to know that the reason a lot of you don't know any intelligent girls is because they choose to keep around better company than yourselves. No mature adult is a misogynist.

>> No.1357728

In strictly general terms, yes. Women are socially-minded, where intelligence isn't as important as empathy. Men are survival-minded, where the opposite occurs.

>> No.1357918

My personal belief, based on observations I've made, is that the average woman is smarter than the average man, but the world's smartest men are consistently smarter than the world's smartest women.
Now this doesn't apply to the intellectuals who browse /lit/ and the generalized aspergerdom that plagues 4chan. When I consider the "average male" I'm factoring in all the dumbass meatheads and fratboys.

>> No.1358398

Not bothering to read this thread because I don't give a fuck what a population that is mostly men thinks about women.

I'm female, 22. I have a boyfriend. I consider myself more intelligent than him. Society has given me a complex that men are somehow better than women. The rational part of me tells me that this is ridiculous and there are just as many stupid men as women and that not every man is more intelligent than every woman.

Still I fuck my boyfriend regularly in the ass with a strap-on to compensate for this complex. I would also fuck women but unfortunately my relationship with my boyfriend is monogamous.

>> No.1358405
File: 554 KB, 295x221, 1291793016014.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1357696
>white-knighting for random chicks you don't even know

>> No.1358412
File: 72 KB, 288x362, rand3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1358414

no

>> No.1358429

every time somebody makes an /r9k/ thread on /lit/ a baby angel, the spirit of an innocent child born with an unattended-to heart defect, shits its pants and dies again

>> No.1358430

>>1358405
Hahahaha yeah I'm totally just posting female scientists because I think it'll get me hella laid. Lol it's pretty telling that you think any defense of women as equal to men is "white-knighting", like I'm going to send them this thread ahahahaha

>> No.1358432

>>1357213
>assigns decisiveness, assertiveness, independence, objectivity, courage, intensity as female characteristics
>assigns vanity and triviality as male characteristics

nothing else really got to me, but that right there is 10/10 trolling

>> No.1358446

>all us guys on 4chan for several hours a day with little to no social interaction
>the girls are out every night living it up
>"we're the smart ones, they're the dumb ones"

>> No.1358489

>>1358446
>>the girls are out every night living it up

Lots of people of both sexes are out every night, living it up. Lots of girls frequent 4chan. You're just inversely projecting your insecurity about your lifestyle onto the opposite sex.

Both sides do it, in my experience. I was once in a World of Warcraft raid where sex/virginity somehow came up on vent (voice chat), and a woman shot down the notion that I might be a virgin (not something I said. I forget how I became the focal point) as though it were ridiculous. Even though I was logging 16 hours a day on the one game that screams LIFELESS VIRGIN to people, this woman seemed to think I was getting all kinds of ass just because I was a guy.

>> No.1358494

>>1357093
180 posts later and this is still the most accurate post ITT

>> No.1358499

> go on lit
> see this huge piece of shit thread about the most chewed up topic on all of 4chan

> leave /lit/ forever

Yeah, you little morons. I am gonna go. And I am one of those that actually read the books he talked about.
Have fun with the tripfags....

>> No.1358504

Women live in a society where they are only valued for their looks. They aren't expected to be intellectual and they don't act the part.

Strangely, women are usually much better at school work than men, in my experience.

>> No.1358514

In my experience, females have a slight advantage in intelligence. However, they seem less hell-bent on proving to everybody that they are smart. Most of the smart guys seem to feel the need to show off, therefore they are more visible.

>> No.1358515

>>1358514

shut the fuck up faggot.

>> No.1359451

sage

>> No.1359459

Women are more intelligent.
Men are more intellectual.
Deal with it.

>> No.1359461

>>1358514
>In my experience, females have a slight advantage in intelligence. However, they seem less hell-bent on proving to everybody that they are smart. Most of the smart guys seem to feel the need to show off, therefore they are more visible.
this is true guys. makes sense why there's no obvious female posters on /lit/.

but it also means they're the least funny on here which is one of the main points of /lit/

>> No.1359470

Most people are stupid, period.