[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 10 KB, 236x230, 1553468402503.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13550286 No.13550286[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Did Londonfrog have a happy and fulfilling day today? In principle yes, except instead of being happy I was in a slight malaise and instead of a fulfilling day it was an aimless waste.

>woke up
>feel tired but get up, do chores, browse internet, drink coffee
>go to gym and it mostly goes well
>go in to central London
>walk around a large upmarket shopping centre; walking around a large shopping centre during winter last year (or the year before, I can't remember), during a dark Sunday evening, was kind of traumatising; on a lazy Monday afternoon it feels normal, although my mood has been attenuated since then
>went walking through another shopping centre that was lower market but still demoralising
>saw a literal unironic blonde bimbo gymthot woman
>went for my usual walking route
>sat in library and read more of the Philip K Dick novel and it descended in to aimlessness after its initial interesting premise
>now drinking coffee in central London; not sure what I'll eat

There's nothing to report. I have very little motivation to do anything. Why bother when all women and normies get everything handed to them?

The mental attribute I want most isn't more intelligence, it's that high energy go getter attitude that silicon valley types have and which I don't have. University really crushed my motivation. It was 4 years of horrendously dull shit. I think I was Pavloved in to hating all work. I need to become a producerbull.

But even high energy wouldn't really solve nihilism in this age. In every direction there is shitloads of stuff I know nothing about. I could learn about, for example, analysing statistics with a computer, but then I'd feel guilty for not having more understanding of probability, formal proofs, low level programming languages, etc. The only true fundamental skill in modern society is social skills / networking / fitting in.

The new YouTube Prince of Zimbabwe video is about NEETs and it's not the heroic conception that I thought he'd portray.

>> No.13550311

>>13550286
Take LSD and renounce your addictions (internet, junk food, coffee)
Spend the trip thinking about what's important to you and how you can move forward
You'll suck at moving forward at first but the acid will provide a buffer against you falling back into your shit habits as easily for a while, which might be enough

>> No.13550355

>>13550286
You should try taking kratom for your low mood and energy. Worked for me, more or less. Of course you will have to be satisfied with the idea that your problems really are not as existentially profound as you have been taking them for. Maturity is a necessary condition for long-term mental health; honesty and humility are necessary conditions for maturity. Best of luck to you from another English anon.

>> No.13550361

>>13550286
>Why bother when all women and normies get everything handed to them
They are coasting on happy normie lives. You can easily be a better person than them. You won't be as happy as them, but you might be proud of yourself in the end.

>> No.13550362

I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER LONDONFROG THREAD ON THIS BOARD

>> No.13550378

>>13550361

>be a better person

I remember back in my more emotional days around 1.5 to 2 years ago, I made a rant topic after I had seen this Chad and Stacey couple up close. I wrote something like "I saw them and immediately felt really sad and then thought 'The best revenge is a life well lived' and then I realised how stupid that phrase was". I think the patheticness of that part was picked up on by the lit posters as well.

>> No.13550439

>>13550378
its a phrase that's usually used in personal situations but Chad and Stacy don't know or care that you exist.
Because your revenge is against normies in abstract, no one will give a shit when you do succeed, which is sad.
But you will still feel pretty good about yourself for having struggled and overcome, while they stagnated into mediocrity. Plus the people you can attract with your new gravity will appreciate your having done so