[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 177 KB, 589x851, zarathustra02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13505350 No.13505350 [Reply] [Original]

Starting with the Persians makes more sense than Greeks. The ideas of truth vs. lie, good vs. evil, moral progress, and much more originated from the Gathas. The holy Gathas, which dates to ~1000-1500 BCE, are the unaltered words of Zarathustra. Both Piloo Nanavutty and Mary Boyce's translations are good, though it should be noted Boyce did not translate all of it.

Ultimately, the problem with the modern West is the fear of authoritarianism. A society that bases itself on a rigid sense of right and wrong will typically have more stability than one which fixates on a libertine notion of "freedom". The concepts of Wisdom, Order, Compassion, and Goodness have historically been associated with one another for a reason. However, the spirit of freedom can occasionally lead to the worship of chaos, subversion, and transgression, hence the phenomenon of "edgelord" (which can become darker when one looks into dark net). Saying one "should broaden his or her horizons" is fundamentally destructive because it leads to slippery slope in the sense that one could begin questioning his or her biological sex, trying out destructive drugs, foregoing his or her duties, and so forth. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with theocracy, and I think many traditionalist Catholics make a valid point when they subtly argue this. What I am saying is you should see the value of the spirit of the Persians for once, which is fundamentally authoritative and tilted to theocracy since ancient Sassanian times. The Greek spirit of constant inquiry and freedom leads to some kind of deracination and loss of direction in life.

If people need me to clarify more, then I can do so. However, I require politeness considering this topic may piss off some people.

>> No.13505403

>oriental death worship

Fine for brown people whose souls can't rise to promethean levels but not for Westerners.

>> No.13505420

>>13505350
So what would you recommend that we read?

>> No.13505426

>However, the spirit of freedom can occasionally lead to the worship of chaos, subversion, and transgression

But not necessarily, as you said. Isn't it better then to pursue freedom, and, being aware of the moral perils, not fall prey to the degenerates?

Please clarify some more. This was interesting!

>> No.13505429

>>13505403
The West has been following a Semitic perversion of Zoroastrianism for about 1500 years now.
>death worship
Death worship is Ahriman, and there are Western black magick books about connecting to Ahriman, lol.

>> No.13505446

>>13505350
Persians are alright.

>you should see the value of the spirit of the Persians for once
Take it easy, Ashurbanipal. Persians have some interesting ideas that informed theurgy in the Greeks, but that's about it. And it's irrelevant now anyway for two reasons: science and Jesus.

>> No.13505447

>>13505429
>everything is derivative of my ooga booga brown people country that hasn't done anything in 3000 years

Keep LARPing, you sad little oven-toasted man.

>> No.13505457

>>13505420
I already recommended it in OP. I said Piloo Nanavutty and Mary Boyce's translation of the Gathas. The rest of the Zend-Avesta doesn't matter imo.
>>13505426
You are surrounded by degenerates to the point it is becoming normalized. A lot of honest people who pursue freedom, even though being aware of the moral perils, cannot resist the temptation to become degenerate themselves. Just look at 4chan. I guarantee you a lot of people who promote traditionalist sensibilities go on Adult Gif immediately afterwards. Being a degenerate is becoming the norm.

>> No.13505465

>>13505447
How am I LARPing? The West is collapsing because of the hubris of people like you.

>> No.13505477

>>13505446
>Ashurbanipal
He was Assyrian.
>science
There will be no Transhumanist age. People like Elon Musk are exaggerating the technology of things like Neuralink. You will have no space colonization or advanced brain-computer interfaces.
>Jesus
He is too forgiving. Some people should be beyond forgiveness. If you forgive all transgressors, you will eventually destabilize yourselves.

>> No.13505480

>>13505465
The West is collapsing because you're sitting in a Western country right now with your shit-colored skin posting on a Western invention in a Western language.

Go home to the blessed land of tradition.

>> No.13505492

>>13505477
>exaggerating the technology of things like Neuralink
exaggerating their research for more funding*
His recent Neuralink announcement was nothing*

>> No.13505499

>>13505457
So the Gathas alone is what you're saying is worth wasting time on, before diving into the mighty Greeks? Pathetic

>> No.13505503

>>13505480
My skin is light. The West is collapsing because of overly indulgent and immoral douchebags like you. You people don't believe in an objective morality anymore, and you normalize transgression. It didn't take much to internally destroy yourselves. The fact you are so arrogant to admit your own weaknesses is one reason you're collapsing.

>> No.13505518

>>13505499
>worth wasting time on
How does it amount to "wasting time"? Rejecting the Gathas is a pretty big deal. It pretty much amounts to rejecting the moral basis of agrarian civilization.

>> No.13505519

>>13505477
>he thinks science=transhumanism
Retard OP, go back to Russia.

>> No.13505520
File: 72 KB, 560x676, bbb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13505503
>you and your shitskin family will be forced to leave a western nation in my lifetime

GOODBYE, POOS!

>> No.13505529

>>13505519
The telos of a society that solely bases itself on scientific progress seems to culminate in Transhumanist fantasies.
>>13505520
Go back to /pol/, or better yet, go die for Israel already.

>> No.13505536

>>13505503
>to admit to
to not admit to*

>> No.13505563

>>13505529
>die for Israel
>those people who like to enter other people's countries and tell them how to run their own affairs according to an ancient, foreign way of life, rooted in a near-eastern desert civilization

Yeah, fuck those who give such advice!

Stop telling others how to live. How about you go rid your venerable civilization of Islam first? Maybe once you're done learning to write in an indigenous Aryan script again, you can learn to stop writing in English as your primary day-to-day language too. (By "you," I don't mean you personally, because I know you will never leave your Western expat home and return to Iran.)

>> No.13505588
File: 168 KB, 450x350, Andronovo_culture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13505563
Technically speaking, Zoroastrianism is not Near Eastern. It is more Central Asian and emerged from somewhere between Sintashta and BMAC around 1000-1500 BCE. The Gathas is the oldest text around that time frame. Zoroastrianism has common root with Vedic thought.
You sound like a vengeful. Why are you bringing modern international politics into this? I am talking about the growing depravity of the West, which is obvious to anyone who has two eyes and a brain.
Israel and Saudi Arabia should both be destroyed before Iran reforms itself again imo. That requires the West to get its shit together and stop supporting terrorists and focus on its own domestic issues. You know, issues like how White women are giving blowjobs openly to niggers in public.
But whatever, let me watch you wretched daevas destroy yourselves as Shlomo laughs from the mountaintop. It's quite humorous, really, seeing you chimp out to someone honest and pure-hearted as me.

>> No.13505592

>>13505588
>You sound like a vengeful
You sound like a wrathful Jew*

>> No.13505600
File: 1.06 MB, 404x718, 1563726826346.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13505563
How the mighty have fallen. You are an arrogant fucker, and you deserve to suffer. I take back all of my advice. Eat shit and die. Roll around in your own filth, scum.

>> No.13505608

>>13505588
not that anon (I'm the one who called you ashurbanipal)... you realize that map you posted isn't even Persia right. it's the wasteland between afghanistan and the caucus. full of head-chopping barbarians it has been, is, and always will be. the only language those curved sword motherfuckers understand is violence, they are unlearned and unteachable.

>> No.13505616

>>13505350
What would be the best way to reconstruct Hyperborean Aryanism? Do I just start and finish with the 3 partially surviving examples of (completed) Aryan spirituality, namely Neo-platonism, Vedicism, and Zoroastrianism)? Are there any I'm missing?

>> No.13505617

>>13505588
The cure for Jewish degeneracy isn't you imposing your do-nothing, equally dead culture, which has been too weak to cast off its own Semites (Islam) since the 7th century.

If you want to set a good example for the West, do it in Iran and chide from there. You still haven't answered the accusation of why you're in a foreign land telling foreign people how to live their lives. You are part of the problem. Go home. Erect the theocracy you want to see in the world and inspire others through deeds, not words. You want to reinstantiate the divine forms, but you are transgressing one of the oldest: stop being a shitty guest. Order your own house.

Don't forget to doff your hat to any Muslims you see today, since they own you.

>> No.13505625

>>13505616
no, that's basically it

>> No.13505626

>>13505616
I should say, (advaita) Vedanta instead of vedicism, although I'd obviously focus mostly on the Vedas, the Upanishads, and the Mahabharata

>> No.13505630

>>13505608
Read a history book. In Sogdia and Bactria, Mahayana Buddhism was largely developed, and even older Mithraism has some influences as we can tell from reliefs. "Greater Khorasan", what is called, was historically more stable before Turkic and Mongol invasions. It is the Eastern half of "Greater Iran".
But yes, Zoroastrianism emerged as a revolt to Sintashta tribes, who were humorously enough White + BMAC mixed. Zarathustra opposed their amoral way of living, and he argued this world is largely a battleground between good and evil (i.e., all conflict exists in an ethical dimension). Early Vedic thought, which shares a similar root with Zoroastrianism, argues all conflict is amoral.

>> No.13505646

>>13505617
Jews simply take advantage of your pre-existing vulnerabilities like arrogance. Honestly, you people deserve Jewish degeneracy for being so arrogant and conceited.
>dead culture
It didn't technically die the way European paganism did. It survived in some pockets of communities in Yazd and Parsis.
>You are part of the problem.
Nope, it's more your grandiose self-image that is the problem. You think you are beyond accepting any intelligent opinion from any non-European. It's fine by me.
>since they own you.
Better than being owned by Jews, honestly.

>> No.13505667

>>13505646
>I say I hate being owned by Jews
>you say you'd choose Muslim owners over Jews

There's the difference between us, and why no one wants brown advice from your failed brown civilization. I hate being owned by Semites, but you just want the more comfortable Semite owner holding your leash.

Next time you tell your mother you love her, remember you'll either be speaking English or writing an Arabic script.

>> No.13505689

>>13505646
Are you the Zoroastrian? I'm genuinely interested. I know you provided recommendations for translations of the Gathas, but I'm wondering if there are translations you could recommend for the entirety of Zoroastrian theology, or at least as much is possible. I'd love to learn all the IE ancient languages but I am lowly NEET and am more interested in collecting as much information as possible before I die.

>> No.13505697

>>13505667
>why no one wants brown advice from your failed brown civilization.
At this rate, there's going to be a failed White civilization.
>I hate being owned by Semites,
You would easily be bought off in a heartbeat. You lack integrity, honesty, humility, and much more. You can be bought off relatively easily.
>you just want the more comfortable Semite owner holding your leash.
Again, I was trying to avoid international politics, but you're the one who brought it up. Presently, the West is an existential threat to Iran. It is not advantageous for the country to become destabilized through another Revolution. At least, the country is militaristic strong and can take on Israel and USA. Now please, fuck off, arrogant fuckhead.
>Next time you tell your mother you love her, remember you'll either be speaking English or writing an Arabic script.
Next you tell your mother you love her, remember your entire Aryan traditions were displaced by Christianity whereas at least the Gathas and some Zoroastrian groups survived in unbroken patrilineal continuity. Not a single pagan group in Europe survived in unbroken patrilineal continuity.
You Zoomers are pathetic and will be bought out by Jews again. It is in your Faustian and arrogant blood to always make pacts with the Devil. If you keep pushing us, we will have to end you. You are the one making enemies, not me, and you'll be surprised when we bring back scaphism.

>> No.13505704

>>13505697
>militaristic
militaristically*

>> No.13505719

>>13505630
>Read a history book. In Sogdia and Bactria, Mahayana Buddhism
You're an arrogant little fucker aren't you.

I've read history books. And yes I know very well about the Bactrians and Menander and their influence on (improvement of) Buddhism. And Greater Iran has fallen repeatedly throughout history. It's almost like they aren't capable of organizing themselves without an outsider showing them how to rule.

>> No.13505745

>>13505457
How do you distinguish between degeneracy and decency?

>> No.13505747

>>13505719
>And yes I know very well about the Bactrians and Menander and their influence on (improvement of) Buddhism.
Then you were disingenuous to have argued that Greater Khorasan was always backwards.
>Greater Iran has fallen repeatedly throughout history
This true for most ancient civilizations. It is a cycle after all.
>It's almost like they aren't capable of organizing themselves without an outsider showing them how to rule.
The country thrives from theocratic monarchy, I don't see your point.

>> No.13505754

>>13505697
>ranting sand nigger lives in western country, complains to his hosts that they don't make it to his liking
Is this inability to act graciously a result of all the inbreeding your people do?

>I-I'm okay with Muslims owning my entire way of life and my homeland and making my mother literally bow in the dirt to their gods... It's better than a Jew...
No amount of military strength can make up for this fundamental weakness of soul. This is why you were conquered in the first place.

>> No.13505777

>>13505588
Based persianbro, agreed with everything

>> No.13505778
File: 202 KB, 1420x1023, 1560956077774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13505754
Why do you keep bringing this back to me? Are you not capable of self-criticism?
No, it is not in Iran's benefit to have a nationalistic revolution at this moment. It would make it vulnerable to Israeli, Western, or Saudi intervention. If you want a war, then be my guest and start one. I genuinely believe this time you will lose, and it may be good for you, since you need a humility pill. You will die alongside your Saudi and Israeli buds.

>> No.13505787

>>13505777
Thank you brother, salaam alaikum. Inshallah we will show the West we are a great culture.

>> No.13505800

>>13505778
>1560956077774

Nice filename. Let's google it!

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/image/e7Koh4Sd0ZFBFPT0jZ-6WA/

Hmm, for someone who tells people to go back to /pol/, you do an awful lot of posting on /pol/. And you live in America. Surprise surprise.

Like I said: Go home, you unwanted Muslim.

>> No.13505823

>>13505800
Lovely autism.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/image/97m8aciTDPyQ_ajHKCcGfw/

>Persians stopped being White before 1000 years before the Achaemenid and Sassanid empires emerged. White Sintashta mixed with brown BMAC complex people around 1600 BCE. There is no such thing as a pure ethnic group if you look far back; it's about preserving mixtures, dumb fucks. Also check image.
Persians aren't white; check.

>Regardless, attractive Iranians look like the guys in pic related. Every nation has unattractive people, big deal.
Unironic "[my race] are the most beautiful people in the world" posting, actual pathetic nationalist seriousposting on /pol/.

>Iranians are mostly Caucasus shifted and have less than 1% Bedouin DNA. I did a very expensive genetic test comparing myself to ancient samples, and I only have 4% Mongolian admixture.
4% Mongolian DNA in you. Gross. Also giving your DNA to the Jews.

>> No.13505824

>>13505800
Do you even care about basic facts and dignity? Do you know how to have a constructive debate without bringing in attacks on a person's character. Why are you on /lit/? Do you even read literature?

Listen, I'm not interested in a shit show where we attack each other. I am interested in impartial philosophical discourse. Presently speaking, your nation has an issue with a kind of "Judas complex". You say "go home Muslim!" but turn around and support the biggest of terrorists! You say "live with virtue!" but turn around and fuck like bonobos and have orgies!

No one takes the word of Americans seriously. If you want the war to end all wars, now is the time, but let me tell you, we are the last people you want to fuck with. Maybe you should go jerk off a bit more to Adult Gif rather than having a real literary discussion, huh?

>> No.13505832
File: 32 KB, 400x425, 1542131436159.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13505824
>4% mongolian

AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>> No.13505843

>>13505823
It seems to me you are more interested in trivial battles of "characters" rather than the substance of the view in question. You do not know how to approach questions impartially anymore. I doubt you have read any real texts on metaphysics. Truth becomes a matter of the one who conveys it, not a matter that exists divorced from the individual.

>> No.13505856

>>13505832
Are you even interested in fixing problems, or do you want to just remain a memelord, edgelord faggot with a grandiose self-image? I doubt you have ever read any real literature or philosophy.

>> No.13505866

>>13505588
I agree with you but you're coming off a bit sanctimonious desu

>> No.13505888

>>13505866
It's not hard to be morally superior to this memelord, edgelord faggot here:
>>13505832
He was the one that made shit personal rather than addressing the substance of my thought. I am arguing for an ideology, and I was trying to avoid touching on politics before he brought in everything like some kind of bipolar faggot.
I even expressed some sympathies to Catholicism, which I do not personally agree with though respect.

>> No.13505897

>>13505856
>do you want to just remain a memelord, edgelord faggot
>I require politeness considering this topic may piss off some people.

>posts on /pol/ literally every single day, saying things like:
"Iranians are neither White nor mongrels, kike. Slit your throat. I am not playing."
"Iranians aren't sand niggers, and they'll bring back scaphism for you. If you want war, then bring it on. Get ready to die for your beloved kikes! Israel will be DECIMATED, and all soldiers of ZOG sent back in a casket!"
"Persians were never snow niggers. They had nothing to do with you faggots.
Stop trying to claim our culture snow nigger. Go back to sucking kike dick because that's all you know. We're not interested in being your friend. I am going to crush both the kikes and your skull."
"Iranians aren't Arabs, you dumb burger kike slave.
>lives in america btw
"Just like a soulless Amerigoy, you justify rape, rapine, pilfering resources, and more. IRAN WILL BRING BACK SCAPHISM FOR YOU.

Mark my words, you are not fucking with any ordinary "Mudslimes" here. We will show you worlds of pain you cannot imagine you carnal, souless despicable SLAVE OF THE JEWS.

WE WILL RIP YOU APART JUST LIKE WE DID TO ROMANS.

Do not push us."
"We are going to bring back scaphism for you. You better be scared."
" You are not fucking with any other normal "shitskin" now; you are fucking with those who gave you the ideas of light and darkness, and we can take it back if we so deem so. Christianity, after all, is a perversion of Zoroastrian beliefs. We'll make the darkness into light just for one moment in order to send you to hell, Amerimutt."

You are literally going to be shot by cops at some point in a pathetic autistic attempt at a terrorist attack, probably on a fucking Arby's because you live in the US, and you're calling others edgelords.

>> No.13505906

>>13505897
Wtf does any of this have to do with what I am arguing for? Do you even understand what I was arguing for in OP? Please summarize what I am arguing for OP in a philosophical manner. Something tells me you lack the reading comprehension to even understand what I am saying in OP, you dumb fucker.

>> No.13505934

>>13505906
I usually encourage edginess because I think it's funny and I think normies aren't edgy enough, but you seriously need to get in touch with someone who can help you before you hurt yourself and others.

Maybe lay off making Iranian racial characteristic infographics and posting them to /pol/ fifty times a week, and obsessing about your genetics and Iranian politics. You can be an Iranian nationalist who hates Western degeneracy without being a fucking insane lunatic.

>> No.13505964

>>13505934
Why are you bringing in irrelevant posts in order to denigrate me? I thought 4chan is supposed to be anonymous, yet you went out of your way to get my posts from other topics, which have nothing to do with this one. That is disingenuous and not even real argumentation. I made concrete claims in my post, but instead of addressing them, you focused on my other irrelevant posts as a way to gaslight me.
>you seriously need to get in touch with someone who can help you before you hurt yourself and others.
Complaining about contemporary political matters on /pol/ helps me relax, but I don't bring it on /lit/. You are the one who brought it on /lit/.
>Maybe lay off making Iranian racial characteristic infographics and posting them to /pol/ fifty times a week, and obsessing about your genetics and Iranian politics
Genetic continuity is an important topic to me. However, this topic is not about that.
>You can be an Iranian nationalist
I am technically speaking not an Iranian nationalist. My views are more nuanced than that. I suppose a kind of rudimentary kind of theocracy based on making moral dualism rigid.
>without being a fucking insane lunatic.
Am I being a lunatic here? You're the one being a lunatic going as far as getting my posts from other threads as if that has a bearing in this discussion. Again, please tell me what I am arguing for OP in an impartial manner. It's honestly not that complex.

>> No.13505972

>>13505964
>I suppose
I support*

>> No.13506086

>>13505778
>that John Bolton
kek

>> No.13506548

lol , someone stop that triggered amerimutt