[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.31 MB, 640x480, Penguin takes a nap.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13462933 No.13462933 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone ever taken up Nietzsche's overman project to find meaning now that we live in the corpse of God? It seems the only thing people really take from him is his early criticism and his epistemology, even now that society is rotting away after we lost God.

>> No.13462944

>>13462933
Isn't that the point? There is no meaning. This was all inevitable.
The Arts are meant to dull the suffering of existence, not justify it, and that's it. That's all you get, under this worldview.

>> No.13463496

>>13462944
>the arts are meant to dull the suffering
citation needed

>> No.13463921

pls someone respond

>> No.13464091
File: 59 KB, 671x670, orgy-of-the-will.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13462933
>now that we live in the corpse of God?
You make it sound as if that wasn't supposed to be the catalyst of the overman's appearance.

>> No.13464517

>>13462933
>even now that society is rotting away after we lost God
We are not strong enough to truly do anything about this that we could feel in our own lifetimes. Global capitalism's endless advance will not stop until it is forced to by a hand far larger than its own. Clearly the time of the lone thinker has far passed. There will be no more Platos, Kants, Nietzsches, or at least none that we will recognize in our era. It really does feel like the apocalypse, but the meat and bones of the human organism will continue to cling, even in the face of unimaginable environmental catastrophe. What will become of us and God is not for us to see, but that does not mean I argue a defeatism - really at this point you can try anything. But this train does not stop. For me, this means a constant effort to connect with others, no matter how painful, to try and create meaning, to live and not to set my worries on a fixed image of a lost future. I think according to Nietzsche (and Deleuze), this is what is meant by affirmation, by amor fati, by the dicethrow. It is the opposite of a guarantee, but in some strange way it feels like a true faith. Not the promise of heaven for myself and the damnation of hell for my enemies, not an incessant agonizing need to fix and control, not an endless procession of sacrifice to a Frankenstein's God, but a genuine hope that whatever all this amounts to will be alright - will be what it is. Our lives are better spent connecting with those around us that we may actually impact than squabbling in the heights of ideology.

>> No.13465284

>>13464517
Correct, thanks for saving this thread. Seems like lots of people here haven't read Nietzsche and it's annoying. Please keep on educating this board, and maybe the people here will become better irl