[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 906 KB, 2544x4000, oys7flxnqt011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13454686 No.13454686 [Reply] [Original]

>his unironical piece of prose that he spent hours crafting with ardent passion is featured on WORST OF /LIT/ WRITERS VOLUME I (5/5)
>https://pastebin.com/Si74Ng0C
Not going to make it bro

>> No.13454822

>>13454686
fuck you he's trying

>> No.13454862

>>13454686
>putting people down who try their hardest but still fall short

post your prose fuckboy

>> No.13455870

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

>> No.13455904

>>13454822
to be fair about half the people in that compilation didn't even try, like the
>lick my balls
>lick my balls
""poem.""
>>13455870
I like this idea better in Pope's Essay on Criticism. But there's no harm in making fun of anonymous posters who are unlikely to even find out that they've made the compilation.

>> No.13455921
File: 195 KB, 600x900, Optimized-Groundwork Cover-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13454686
Why not critique this fine work of literature I worked on over the past week? It's free on smashwords

>> No.13455928

>>13455904
yeah, there are some gold in there too, like the joycean stream of conciousness dialogue:
>Hello good morning to you how do you do i do good that is good ah yes indeed yes i do good yes how do you do yes i do good this good yes I am good yes good indeed how do you do good yes ah good yes yes yes yes good oh, lol yes do you expect something else well yes there is somethging else oh good lol yes yes yes oh yes good yes oh oh oh good yes stream good yes treat good yes oh good good good yes yes yes yes good yes yes yes good yes yes yes good yes yes yes good yes

>> No.13456627

>>13454686
>It was a very stormy night. Definitely not dark, the constant sheet lightning in the clouds turned a night of new moon into a night in which you needed a roof or you couldn’t sleep in the bright. It was so bright, you could read by it, making it even brighter than a full moon.
im stealing this