[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 316x475, 39025395._SY475_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13451305 No.13451305 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/ is probably not even the right board for this, but do you guys know of any books related to the idea of a lost civilization during the ice age? Related is the concept of frequent cataclysms that cause civilzations to end and their remains to disappear.

Books I know about include Graham Hancock's, The Adam and Eve Story, Evola's mentions of Hyperborea(Im not entirely sure what Evola meant by this).

This topic is so fringe that there is nothing at all in academia about it, it is just considered pseudoscience, so you sort of have to dig to find anything.

Also anything about the origins of the zodiac, because there are some indications that zodiac symbols exist in places like Gobekli Tepe and some of the cave art from the neolithic.

>> No.13451491

probably pointless bump

>> No.13451499

Dive deep enough and I'm sure you'll find some internet spirit shaman youtuber who's produced an 8 hour documentary on the topic

>> No.13451528

>>13451499
Ive watched a bunch of youtube videos on the subject, they're mostly not very good, though some are. I was asking for books specifically, they tend to be older books, the Atlantis concept having gone very much out of favor, but there are also some more recent ones.

I understand the reticence people have about this idea, but there is evidence which to my eyes begs another look. I'm referring to the work done in masonry by the people who created things like Sacsayhuaman, the pyramids of Egypt, the Easter Island totems, the Baalbek megaliths, the granite boxes in the egyptian serapeum, and some other sites. The precision and the scale of these works is literaly not possible for the people to whom they are attributed, their tools could not have made them, our own present tools barely can. Also there is the matter of the wealth of both textual and orally transmitted reference to an ancient civlization, destroyed by a cataclysm around 12 thousand years ago, whose few survivors went the world over spreading their technology to the hunter gatherers who had survived because of their ability to live off the land in very harsh conditions, an ability not shared by the peoples of the high civilization that was supposed to have existed.

This could all be a rabbit hole of no real substance, but I think it should at least be explored, so I was wondering if anyone on the chans had some knowledge of books that talk about this. You can find very surprising things in old books, things nobody speaks about anymore. And there is research being done now as well.

>> No.13451578
File: 56 KB, 1398x628, cap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13451305
>>13451528
Hello, friend. This may suit your needs. If you can't find it via the usual means, I'll upload it for you.

>> No.13451602

>>13451578
got it m8 thank you very much. Do you have any particular things youd like to say about the subject?

>> No.13451739

>>13451602
Glad you found it. It may be of some interest to you to poke around antediluvian myth if you're not familiar with it in general (Mu, Lemuria, Hyperborea, Ultima Thule, etc). And, yes, while Atlantis is generally dismissed as a meme myth now, much of the literature centered around these topics is owed to it, at least in part. Look into Atlantis: The Antediluvian World, by a fellow called Donnelly. Also, Madame Blavatsky (in spite of her obvious shortcomings) had a great deal to say on the subject as well.

>> No.13451762

>>13451739
I've read those two as it happens, but I am still very thankful you've brought your contributions to this thread.

I think there really is something to this idea, and I will read the book you recd in the next couple days, I have it downloaded on my phone.

Thank you again m8, it is hard to get people to engage on this subject, and I think it has so much potential worth.

>> No.13451803

>>13451762
Happy to have helped. It is difficult to engage with people on the subject. There's almost a religious and conspiratorial quality to it in that sense, obviously because it's more an issue of faith or belief rather than concrete fact.

I will say I do think you're right, though. For me at least, there's something to it. Good luck to you, and start a thread once in a while to share what you've learned. I'm sure a few of us here would appreciate it.

>> No.13451810

>>13451803
I think it's both concrete fact, as I listed above about the masonry, and the religious aspect, which is more ineffable.

That is why it interests me along with its basic interest as an idea. I hope the thread doesn't die before I come back from work.

>> No.13451814

>>13451305
>Thomas Chan

Brehs... The guy who made 4chan wrote Adam and Eve...