[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 52 KB, 540x589, IMG_20190604_184934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13450672 No.13450672 [Reply] [Original]

An American IT guy finds his wife cheating on him. His reality is shattered and in his quest for meaning, joins ISIS.

>> No.13450686

>>13450672

I'm going to pretend your serious and follow that up with some questions questions: How much do you know about working in IT? Are you married yourself? Where does he locate this terrorist faction? Just fly over to the Middle East and start asking people? Does he meet these recruiters over message boards or chat rooms? What is training with them like? Do you know Arabic?

>> No.13450700
File: 48 KB, 500x313, QUALITY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You have your average MC who one day meets the 3 daughters of friends of his parents. They drop them off and tell the MC that he has to take care of them for a few hours. The 3 girls are your typical hot anime babes and the MC thinks he'll get to do your typical harem comedy hijinks but he soon finds out that the 3 are severely mentally retarded, being biologically in their late teens but being closer mentally to 5 year-olds. They proceed to drive the MC insane by drawing all over his walls in crayon and permanent marker, eating up everything in his fridge, throwing temper tantrums whenever they don't get their way, playing with their stuffed animals and crying and whining incessantly. At one point one of them will ask him to accompany her to the bathroom since she isn't yet potty trained. The MC is so mad and frustrated that he decides to rape her in the bathroom and attempts to do so until the girl pisses herself in fear and he gets grossed out. The parents then come back at this moment, find out that the MC tried to rape one of their daughters and the scene changes to a courtroom where the MC gets sentenced to prison for trying to rape a mentally disabled person. The manga/light novel is supposed to be a deconstruction of the tendency of anime and manga to feature female characters that are physically developed but exhibit childish mannerisms/intelligence so the reader finds them "cute", and what would actually happen in real life if you had a bunch of physically developed girls who behaved like actual children.
Opinions?

>> No.13450705

>>13450672
Please write this, I would genuinely read it

>> No.13450706

>>13450686
Thanks for pretending. I know nothing of any of these experiences. I think it could be a good book though.

>> No.13450713

Make the wife 27-34

>> No.13450722

>>13450713
Was there even a question?

>> No.13450725

>>13450706

It could, definitely. But to write something like that you need some background experience or a lot of time to research to flesh it out. I'm not saying you need to go all Pynchon and know everything, but the reader has to believe in your premise, your characters' emotional development and be willing to follow the trajectory of your narrative. It's a good-guy becoming bad story.

>> No.13450729

>>13450672
This is what happens when you become a moral degenerate and make it a habit of swallowing the sperm of strangers. Nothing but the utmost shock and sperg warrants feeling, and the laugh is not the response to a joke but to the realization that one has become something less than human, less than nothing.
>isn’t it funny haha
No. It’s sad ;(

>> No.13450738

>>13450729
It's supposed to be sad...

>> No.13450764

>>13450738
Then I’d say you accomplished what you set out to do

>> No.13450780

>>13450764
Yeah, I was thinking of a final scene being him dying from combat wounds, finding refuge in some bombed out Eastern church, looking at an icon of the Blessed Virgin, and wishing he could just kiss his wife one more time.

>> No.13450798

>>13450780
How about him waking up and realizing it was a nightmare. Showing how his worst fears aren’t war or dying in combat but losing his wife, who he is still madly in love with after all these years.

>> No.13450805

I've got one.
First person detective story where at the end it's revealed the narrator was the killer all along and the "culprit" was framed.
Can any of you il/lit/erates tell me if this has been done before?

>> No.13450815

>>13450700
I'd read it but it'd have to be a short story.

It's really funny, obviously it couldn't be serious.

>> No.13450848

A /r9k/ tier person inside masks his internal void with external laughs and a good physique, shares good laughs with friends, he's only social because he likes to talk, was a good student with great abilities and had/has lots of potential but can't seem to find his path on life. Despite participating in the world of regular people (Sexual intimacy, work, movies, hobbies) he can't enjoy it, without an apparent reason, most of his passions or hobbies we're forced upon him by himself trying to clinge desperately to something to live for.
He's very bipolar and went through many ideological phases, such as a communist, to a nazi, to centrist, to apolitical, to an anarchist, etc.

This person tries as much things as he can to find something that lits a fire inside of him, such as sports, cooking, reading, drugs, casual sex with both men and women, parties, crossdressing, etc.

After coming to the conclusion that he isn't to be part of this world, he quietly hangs himself in his kitchen jumping from a chair, and not even instinct or the lack of oxygen makes him flinch, even for a second.

>> No.13450878

>>13450848
He continues to set a new PR in pull ups- 30 reps

>> No.13450924
File: 40 KB, 612x760, 979A92BD-396E-428A-92AE-DCB8E366B3A5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A women cheats on her Husband, a philosophy professor, thinking his pathetic and idealistic way of life is a dead end, unlike this other guy who makes her really horny. She never tells anyone. She raises her daughter to be a slut like her and eventually the girl develops a heap of eating disorders and gets pregnant on her 18th birthday, albeit to her loving boyfriend.

One day the philosophy professor is urged by law to do something he disagrees with. He immediately gets worldwide attention. He releases a book, it’s a best seller. He goes on talk shows and prime time television, lauded as a scholar of scholars. He now has a Patreon account, making a minimum of 10k a month just basically talking with people around the world about various topics and handing out advice, because he is also a trained psychiatrist. His daughter now also becomes somewhat of a scholar, looking up and defending her father and sticking to his conservatism. She manages to cure herself of all her ailments and stay with her boyfriend raising a beautiful young girl.

The wife, absolutely in shock, develops and malignant tumor and is told she has cancer and only a year to live. Her husbands name is Jordan Peterson and this is a true story.

>> No.13450961
File: 421 KB, 192x180, Jared Leto Laughing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13450924