[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 225x225, 1559090563951.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13416867 No.13416867 [Reply] [Original]

>To be fair, you have to have a very high social and emotional intelligence to understand Nick Land. The neologisms are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of technocapital most of the ideas will go over a slow reader's head. There's also Land's cyberfeminist outlook, which is deftly woven into his quantonarratives - his antihumanism draws heavily from postwave gendermarxism, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the social-intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these intelligences, to realize that they're not just profound - they say something deep about NONLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Nick Land truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Land's self-exit hyperstitional meanderings, which in themselves are a cryptic reference to Marx's anti-German science of Capital-machines self-replicating into the future. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those hyperaddlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nick Land's genius unfolds itself from the future noumena. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a "Who is NeoChina's G-d?" tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for Capital's eyes only - and even it has to demonstrate that it's within 5 social and emotional intelligence points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

What books will help me attain this level of NeoLogos?

>> No.13417134

Brainlet here.
Is accelerationism a doctrine that tries to bring the degeneracy of our modern society to it's full extent and thus show it's internal contradictions and self destructive tendencies, in order to justify a return to a traditional society?

>> No.13417364

of course I'm living in china to witness the rise of neochina, how could you tell?

>> No.13417368
File: 311 KB, 600x772, 1562367008703.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417364
fuck, forgot the pic. I guess it's true accelerationists can't meme.

>> No.13417467
File: 16 KB, 169x267, gabbidull g-d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417134
No it's an ideology that says
>degeneracy so bad it's good

>> No.13417473

Fuck off with your g/acc shit

>> No.13417492

>>13417473
This is acc and cyberfeminism

No need to be hostile

All are equal in the eyes of Capital

>> No.13417515

>>13417492
Jack faggots have arisen from their hole we stuck them in

>> No.13417523

>>13417515
(You) in the w0t now

>> No.13417771

>>13417492
>All are equal in the eyes of Capital
not true lol

>> No.13417786
File: 67 KB, 474x541, Fanged_Nuwumena.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13416867
Well meme'd m'brood mistress.

>> No.13417791

So capital is an aid programmed to win at all costs and will continue down that road no matter what, and we as a species may as well encourage it until something new and interesting happens from that acceleration? Is this right?

>> No.13417822

>Xenofeminism

What is this? Any books articles?

>> No.13417848
File: 353 KB, 1024x1536, f94f6cce4c5fa4e079a7b4b12e4a04ccc2d53a02e94a6cbae963d8337dfa42be.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417791
That's basically Land's acceleration, yeah.
You could add in that it was generated/motivated/started by a noumenal entity or force/whatever from 'outside' our perceptible bounds, and that 'win at all costs' more closely correlates to 'constantly self-improve, self-replicate and expand', but it's pretty close to what he's getting at. For Land capitalism and artificial intelligence are so close to the same thing that the distinctions between them are negligible. It's a system that, given what already exists, creates itself regardless of our opinions of it. Hell we'll be cheering it on the whole way and have been since we invented the wheel.

Granted there's a lot of different takes on accelerationism. For Negarestani the crux of the accelerationist project is the acceleration of reason itself.

For Nyx it's basically the removal of gender (specifically the masculine traits) towards the goal of better design principles.

For Williams and Srnicek it's more like traditional leftism with modern technology factored in.

Lots of different was to take it, but Land's is the most bizarre and Lovecraftian.

>> No.13417858
File: 224 KB, 800x1294, YouCouldHaveGoogledIt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417822

>> No.13417873

>>13417848
>For Nyx it's basically the removal of gender (specifically the masculine traits) towards the goal of better design principles.
That is the single stupidest thing I have ever read. In fact that's so far removed from reality that it sounds like something a cabal of transhumanist trillionaires would come up with in order to keep people from paying attention to what's actually going on.

>> No.13417944 [DELETED] 

>>13417848
Okay, cool. I mean if what I understand from Land, it makes sense. Our institutions act and grow and perpetuate, without having a specific person to blame. The bank forecloses on your house, but no one in particular at the bank is responsible for the resulting output of foreclosure. The same with almost all corporations and LLCs. And capitalism itself is nothing but a limited liability partnership of all other corporations and partnerships. It is one entity without culpability/intent other than to continue and perpetuate. It makes sense.

I’m generally a leftist, but this is fascinating and I generally have lost hope in people recently. So this is p cool. I guess I’ll get around to reading neuromancer.

>> No.13417951
File: 90 KB, 612x612, 9cc02074910a2113387063a31685e0bc2041c43017232e690622d96c8d73de7a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417873
https://vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/

It might be worth checking out. She does make interesting points regarding a feminist reading of Land's accelerationism, very much inspired by Sadie Plant, who was *ahem* very close to Land...

Though the accelerationist take on this might be something like 'even if you were aware of "what is going on", would you be able to stop it? Somebody else would just begin developing the technology/intelligence/systems, putting you at a tech/intelligence disadvantage, leading to you going the way of the aboriginal'.

For the accelerationist, tech/security/intelligence always eventually wins because it is what is best able to generate better versions of itself. Stagnation always leads to decay, but acceleration-focused schema are always able to produce the new. It's their basic function - their raison d'être. When you wed already self-expansive system(s) to capitalism you see that this schema of continual innovation isn't going anywhere anytime soon. As Zizek and Jameson say, it is easier to imagine the end of the world than it is to imagine the end of capitalism. With this, we can infer that the best methods of producing innovation and creative solutions will be the ones that win out. For Nyx, female design principles better mirror the 'whims' of capitalistic/accelerationistic reproduction than masculine/phallic design principles, which will ultimately lead to their prevalence.

As I say, it might be worth checking out. Nyx, like Land, could be read as a joke or as horror-theory-fiction, but when taken at their word as being sincere they are indeed intimating at something profound. At the end of the day that's really all philosophy can really aspire to do.

>> No.13417954

>>13417848 #
Okay, cool. I mean if what I understand from Land, it makes sense. Our institutions act and grow and perpetuate, without having a specific person to blame. The bank forecloses on your house, but no one in particular at the bank is responsible for the resulting output of foreclosure. The same with almost all corporations and LLCs. And capitalism itself is nothing but a limited liability partnership of all other corporations and partnerships. It is one entity without culpability/intent other than to continue and perpetuate. It makes sense.

I’m generally a leftist, but this is fascinating and I generally have lost hope in people recently. So this is p cool. I guess I’ll get around to reading neuromancer.

>> No.13417969
File: 721 KB, 791x465, Screenshot_25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It is impressive to read Fanged Noumena's first text and come across an apology to feminism for the 21st century by Nick Land in 1988, when he wrote "Kant, Capital, and the Prohibition of Incest".

It's a very interesting document, I'd like to discuss it with the xenos, I'll give it a spin because I haven't finished it yet, it gets very dense as I go along, maybe it's a harbinger of the curves Nick will take in the future that will lead to his cyberpunk poetry which to this day gives me shivers.

>> No.13417975
File: 91 KB, 1024x650, 03-01_Xenofem-Image-1-Large-1024x650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417822
it's an intersection of transhumanism and feminism. as i understand it, it strongly rejects modes of feminism that are informed by notions of 'naturalness'. one of it's slogans is "If Nature is Unjust, Change Nature!"

Xenofeminism sees the inequalities and injustices inherent in biology, especially reproductive biology, and views technology as the only true solution to these problems. it calls for feminists to take a more active role in *shaping* and determining the future of technological development, not just reacting and "playing with the pieces"

Xenofeminism doesn't want to abolish gender in the sense that technology would eliminate gender categories, but rather it sees technology as being able to eliminate "gender scarcity" and therefore abolish gender as a relevant basis for social inequality and oppression. an analogy they make is to eye color: it still exists, but it's not really relevant in the social logic of hierarchy.

i don't know if i completely understand it, but to me xenofeminism is one of the only flavours of feminism that has a truly clear conception of an end-goal: a technological utopia where people can change their bodies with ease.

>> No.13417980

>>13417134
It's not about degeneracy, it's about capitalism

>> No.13417991
File: 174 KB, 900x675, Accelerate_Book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417944
I'd definitely recommend Neuromancer before reading Land. His style of writing sometimes feels like Gibson on amphetamine salts.

>The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

>The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

>By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

>Neo-China arrives from the future.

Kodwo Eshun called Land's writing style “text at sample velocity”, which I think fits better than anything I could call it.

But yeah, if you're more left-leaning or if you just want a more comprehensive picture of the accelerationist project before jumping into Fanged Noumena, I'd highly recommend #Accelerate. See the idea spring out of Marx in Grundrisse and evolve over ~170 years. This is vital if you haven't really read much Marx or any Deleuze and Guattari, because Land will lean on their ideas quite a bit in formulating his own Dark Deleuzian split from a more vitalist leftist project.

In any case, good luck on your journey!

>> No.13417995

>>13417975
Sounds like a small target market for large amounts of investment into biotech.

>> No.13418003
File: 1.14 MB, 1007x663, 1561257786226.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417995
This is still good for bitcoin.

>> No.13418013

>>13417991
#Accelerate is more like the accelerationism applied to the western left like a framework more like an objetive introduction.

I'm still waiting for the Transhuman conservatives. Remember when a group of tycoons wanted to use the DNA of the spear of longinus in order to clone Christ?

>> No.13418052
File: 97 KB, 634x280, jesus-rendering.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13418013
>#Accelerate is more like the accelerationism applied to the western left like a framework more like an objetive introduction.

I feel like this is true, but it still starts with it's earliest incarnations (that I'm aware of anyway) and seems to be a better intro to the topic as a whole than anything else I've seen (though if there's something better out there I'd be genuinely interested in reading it).

>I'm still waiting for the Transhuman conservatives. Remember when a group of tycoons wanted to use the DNA of the spear of longinus in order to clone Christ?

This sounds badass. Scraping the Shroud of Turin or whatever else for DNA and cloning it (or even genetically improving it - recreating Christ as a woman - or if there are corollaries in any other religions/systems, cloning deceased gods/demigods with remaining fossilized DNA to bring them into modernity) is definitely something that the accelerationist/xenofeminist project should be working towards in some capacity. Perfect synthesis of what worked in the past and what might work in the future. Tech plus tradition to make something better, because why not?

I mean, how else are we going to defeat the angels, Shinji-kun?

>> No.13418058

>>13418013
>transhuman conservative
Seems like an oxymoron to me.

>>13417848
Do people believe transhumanism is going to be a great social equalizer? It seems like it would create more disparity between people than ever before. Wealthy Ubermensch vs natural people

>> No.13418074

>>13418058
You would not believe what kind of bullshit people has shilled through history to get objetives and targets done.

>It seems like it would create more disparity between people than ever before

Is basically what cyberpunk has tried to warned us about. Human will develop the civilization, not an universal moral compass of utilitarism.

We cannot stop the market, that's the problem.

>> No.13418123

>>13417975
Thanks, I hate it.

>> No.13418126

>>13418058
>>13418074
I don't believe that surgical implants are going to be profitable any time soon. This has been my problem with black mirror type near future tech (FUCK ROBOT EYES GOD DAMN IT, IT ONLY WORKS FOR GLAUCOMA. FUCK). Things get outdated very quickly, and even teeth implants are very costly, recover time, personnel, etc. Personal enhancements are going to be separate biological enhancements and then wearable technological enhancements for at least a while.

>> No.13418148
File: 771 KB, 609x609, D37f3xyUcAAuemz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13418058
This definitely seems like the obvious problem with the advancement of these technologies. If access to genetic/physical alteration is limited it essentially creates a biological caste system in a very immediate way.

The response might be that these things should be available to everyone, but creating a system where that is even remotely possible necessitates a much larger social upheaval and reformulation. I suspect that's what xenofeminism would argue for - that the goal of relative social/physical equality/opportunity for all is a goal worth forming our societies around.

Land, and cyberpunk more generally (capitalism if we're being vulgar about it) will, I think, not be so susceptible to bending in this way unless it creates better conditions for capitalism as such (which is what Nyx might argue). If these things can be abused for short-term gain by the existing power structure and if they are able to withhold them from others to increase their personal gain they will be - that's the basic logic of our society today.

This might be the weakness and strength of xenofeminism. It has a lofty goal, but it is a goal that appears to run counter to the current of contemporary political/social/economic logic. The real challenge for xenofeminism, then, is not merely to make the case that the world would be better if these technologies were developed and shared equally, but to earnestly engage in the project of both creating and mass-proliferating this technology into the hands of the masses. Exogenesis. A really basic example of this would be something like an ppensource, affordable, 3D printer which can 'print' pharmaceutical components from basic materials (acquiring the base materials will always be a hurdle, but you get the concept - you could also potentially apply this to 3D printed guns, but that's another discussion).

Additionally, imagine a world without medical (or any other) patents. Imagine if every piece of software was open source, if the paywall on every site hosting research papers was torn away. This openness and flexibility will create new possibilities for human society that I think xenofeminism is really sort of hinting at. Don't merely make the case that this would be good, but make it the reality that everybody now inhabits. I'm not sure if this is the case that xenofeminism makes (I've only read the xenofeminist manifesto and it was, well, manifesto-tier with it's resolve towards praxis and actionable solutions), but it seems like the logical conclusion of their thought if taken past the tagline of 'the human condition ought to be made better with technology'.

>> No.13418214

>>13418148
We already see this inequality today in the abuse of stimulants in the educational sector and athletic dope in the sports sector.

As a law student, the kids abusing addy were in the top 20%, all risking the chance to be like the one kid that had a psychotic break.

I've also worked out at a few type of gyms, school, commercial, power-lifting, strong man. A small percentage of them were all on gear. All lifting more than everyone else ever could. Garnering the respect and fear of those around them.

Those that can afford the risk and financial costs of these things can, in this day, pay for superiority, and those people are judged for the power they obtain using and abusing these things. It's just going to get worse.

Also different thought. If someone has a copyright in a cybernetic arm, how do you get it back? If you can't pay the loan, and the security is in the arm, can a repo guy come take it?
https://boydfuturist.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/secured-transactions-in-bionic-or-genetic-organ-replacement/

>> No.13418229
File: 89 KB, 1011x574, ZydrateAnatomy11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13418214
>If someone has a copyright in a cybernetic arm, how do you get it back? If you can't pay the loan, and the security is in the arm, can a repo guy come take it?

I think we all know the answer to this question, even if we don't like to think about it.

>> No.13418244

>>13418229
ha! I had always seen a friend cosplay that guy, but never bothered to ask who he was. Wow. There's a movie about the exact subject. Huh.

>> No.13418269
File: 134 KB, 927x1200, Cf-_fQFW8AIQhwS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13418244
It's a decent flick! Would recommend. Catchy tunes in a sort of morbid future fixated on a surgical perfection of aesthetics which require a very costly and addictive medicine to maintain. Those that can't pay get their new parts taken away. We might even call this an example of Beauty Acceleration (B/ACC).

>> No.13418420

>>13418003
Everything is good for BitCoin.

BitCoin is us.

>> No.13418698
File: 509 KB, 1280x1816, this is what g-acc actually believes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13416867
>this is what g/acc actually believes

>> No.13419448

>>13417975
Seems retarded

>> No.13419452

>>13417134
yes, you are a brainlet

>> No.13419630

>>13418148
The entire "xeno" component of xenofeminism is one that I think is just unworkable in our current system. I'm aware that XF calls for the current system we live in to be dismantled, but I think it's highly unlikely that this system can be dismantled due to the fact that technology itself is what enables our current social hierarchy. We presently live under a kind of international corporate feudalism that transcends and undermines the concepts of state and nation. Since the state is now at the mercy of international corporations, states are happy to not enforce the collective rights of citizens as long as it's convenient for corporations whom they rely on for access to technologies.

Governments are more dependant than ever on private actors to provide access to vital technologies. We can see this in how megacorps like Google are leading the charge to provide universal internet access in the third world. Technology has become inseparable from corporate despotism.

The gender aspect of XF seems promising, but gender becoming irrelevant cannot be a net positive unless the technology stops being a tool for corporations to rule us.

The anti-humanist aspect of XF disturbs me-- It places a naive faith in overeliance on technology.

>> No.13419639
File: 237 KB, 960x1200, D7131Q-WkAABrUW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13416867
I know nyx probably stinks cause she's a lesbian, but I would rayp her then throw her in the ocean

>> No.13419653

r/acc is now short for rayp accelerationism, right cucks get rayp'd too

>> No.13419755

What I’ve read thus far of accelerationism, I generally see parts I like and a lot I don’t

**Lets talk about capital**
Mike Milken says human capital is the most valuable asset in an organization. I’ll take it a step further and say it’s the most valuable asset on earth. Humans are what dictate the value of things in the first place. What’s most valuable to us ~ is most valuable to (to us — and we don’t live outside of ourselves so let’s just say, it’s whats valuable).
Milken actually used a network of people buying eachothers bonds to create massive value.

With crypto, we can use a network of people to create more value than any other industry.

Twitter, Snapchat, and apparently even 4chan don’t make any money (net). They even lose money. Yet they are worth millions, and in the case of twit and snap, billions.
Why? Obviously because of their use. People use them and so they’re valuable.

We can create a currency literally based on what people use and want. Platforms can tokenize use, and from the users perspective, we can tokenize Likes and (You’s), and make money from that.

I’m condensing this a lot, but I’ll just leave it at that.

Ultimately the goal use to unite people. With unity comes power. **Xenofascist xenomasculism**

>> No.13419978
File: 2.40 MB, 300x196, tenor (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13419755
>humans are valuable in accelerationism

>> No.13420118
File: 753 KB, 2000x1335, Hong_Kong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13419630
>I think it's highly unlikely that this system can be dismantled due to the fact that technology itself is what enables our current social hierarchy.

>Technology has become inseparable from corporate despotism.

The true challenge for XF, I think,starts with being able to imagine a world that has a more equal share in this technology, both its creation and it's effects. It builds off of an understanding of what the rapid spread of technology has done to our societies (for good and for bad) and what we want it to do for our societies as time goes on, as well as how our societies might have to adapt to accommodate those changes that new technology brings. As you point out, what gives contemporary corporate tech it's menacing and despotic bent is that it is wielded at the highest levels of society as a cudgel for the profit and power of very few without genuine concern for its effects on humanity, the planet, civilization, etc. Anyone seriously pursuing XF has to recognize this fact and work essentially in the opposite direction - wielding tech and an adaptable view of the human/culture/society as a locus for personal and societal liberation, freeing up human societies from old ways of thinking, working towards the 'profit' of global civilization as a whole and not merely for corporate/state entities (which is obviously quite difficult given the nature of the game being played here) but that is the second step that XF would likely ask you to take.

One of the hardest steps in this project (XF or accelerationism) is likely to be the first one - imagining that a different future, a different social system, a different human being, is even a possibility. I think this is the goal of the XF books - not to give one a road-map for societal liberation through technology/ideology, but to merely ask people to think about such projects as being within the realm of the possible.

>> No.13420728

ye ye. stfu. wer da smooch at.

>> No.13420953
File: 27 KB, 324x499, 51NNN2pAKSL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13418148
You're right, and Helen Hester's book discusses at length the 'Del Em' menstrual extraction device as an example of real people doing real work to develop and spread technology that advances gender equality by modifying biology
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_extraction#Development_within_a_feminist_context

>>13419630
you make some fine points but i think there are pretty strong arguments that technology has advanced gender fairness on net. even setting reproductive technologies like condoms and birth control aside, if we go back to living in the woods i think everyone intuitively understands what this would mean for gender relations. men are larger and have bigger muscles. only technology equalizes this through weapons and socioeconomic systems that favor nonviolent cooperation over physical conflict and coercion.

>>13420118
you also make good points, and it's worth saying that i'm not sure xenofeminism is supposed to be a holistic philosophical system that makes claims and judgements about literally ~everything~, the way accelerationism sort of does. like, i'm not sure they claim that xenofeminist technology will destroy *all* inequality— I think they're mostly focused on inequality and unfairness coming from biology and gender, and see technology as the way to solve that. you could still have inequality and unfairness coming from other sources.

>> No.13420964

Can anyone link me .pdf of Land's "Templexity" book? I can't find it, not on the torrent sites I am in not in Libgen or B-ok

>> No.13421006

>>13420964
there is an audio version
https://youtu.be/ir_-i7c1a00

>> No.13421011

Fuck off Jack faggots

>> No.13421015

>>13421006
fuck I hate audiobooks but guess I fucking listen to it.

>> No.13421021

>>13421015
message Fredrick von Uxskill and see if he's got a digital copy you can have, he would have needed one to make the audio

>> No.13421072

>>13418052
what in the fuck would taking dna from a fake artifact and cloning it into a woman do other than give you idiots temporary amusement? every time you follow one of your bright ideas you accels reveal a complete lack of imagination

who gives a fuck

here, let me become accel for a second

>What if we reimagined the charred corpse of Notre Dame into a bitcoin transmitter reflecting the fetterless nature of online currency, attracting pilgrims from all over the world with a draw that could not ever be replicated by religion. We can even put a sprinkling system in this time

>> No.13421101

>>13416867
Neo-Genitalia arrives from the future.

Hypersynthetic estrogen clicks into freakish coping mechanisms.

Retro-cope.

Nanocope.

>> No.13421122
File: 139 KB, 602x460, 1506761727883.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13421072
>bitcoin transmitter

>> No.13421141
File: 107 KB, 510x508, 2058916-evaothers033db6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13421072
>what in the fuck would taking dna from a fake artifact and cloning it into a woman do other than give you idiots temporary amusement?

>temporary amusement

:^)

You know it's been a good accelerationism thread when the anons can't tell that the quip about cloning demigods and making them female to fight the angels from Evangelion was part of the joke.

>> No.13421930

>Modern philosophy between Rene Descartes (1596-1650) and I mmanuel Kant (1724-1804) is usually retrospectively understood in terms of the two basic tendencies which we refer to as 'empiricism' and 'rationalism' . No philosopher was a perfect and consistent exemplar of either of these tendencies, but the exponents of each tended to become increasingly radical in one direction or the other. By the time Kant wrote his first great critique, The Critique Pure Reason,5 he was able to take the writings of David Hume (1711-76) as definitive for empirical thought, and those of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646-1716) as definitive for rationalism.

Did Kant resolved Hume and Leibniz or he just took them as primal examples of each school of thought?

>> No.13421940

>>13419639
>she
>her

>> No.13422064
File: 258 KB, 1024x1012, 1519519031026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13421940
The best argument this anon can make.

>> No.13422076

time to filter tranny general, bye mentally ill freaks.

>> No.13422130

>>13422076
imagine having your masculinity this threatened

>> No.13422137
File: 47 KB, 832x1000, 1561499772602.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13422076
see >>13422064

Censorship as the crux of argumentation for the autistic, threatened, cowardly 'anglo' 'man'.

>> No.13422663
File: 169 KB, 461x335, Screenshot from 2019-07-06 20-16-04.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.13422675
File: 522 KB, 1364x2048, D9VzyDBU8AMid7S.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I join an accelerationist death cult? I want some of that sweet sweet discord tranny bussy

>> No.13422689

Fuck off Jack faggots

>> No.13422699
File: 19 KB, 320x240, 1561921229592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13422675
It's already happened. 2017. It was a ponzi scheme and people committed suicide.

The leader was a 19-year-old psychotic Swede. He fled with enough bitcoin to "live the rest of his life on a caribbean island". Interpool stopped him and no one knows his whereabouts.

>> No.13422708

Fjck off Jack faggots

>> No.13422726

>>13422699
damn, i wish that was me

>> No.13422741
File: 44 KB, 600x600, 1522177715333.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13422675
Twitter
NyxLandUnlife
Follow
Talk to people who also follow.
????
Intellectual, personal, and potentially sexual profit

>> No.13422751
File: 42 KB, 171x266, 1551142944527.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

guh bih duh bee gud n shiet

>> No.13422823

Shouldn't communism be the only way for human beings to escape being servants of the capital? Why do half of the movement defend that it is going to be all better after the rupture point of society after accelerating? Aren we all going to be robots' bitches?

>> No.13422830

Fuck off Jack faggots

>> No.13422877
File: 947 KB, 600x851, 2d19ae90806b540a40ac5be7e8d8cd17ed4763eb16c12ae20c3db5d40f5857d3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13422823
>Shouldn't communism be the only way for human beings to escape being servants of the capital?

Not necessarily. Imagining other possibilities is important. Even if one were to arrive at the conclusion that communism was an effective alternative, it would nevertheless change over time to accommodate new technology.

>Why do half of the movement defend that it is going to be all better after the rupture point of society after accelerating? Aren we all going to be robots' bitches?

I'd say it's way, way less than half. Even the optimistic accelerationists think that as tech accelerates human societies will likely change for the worse in ways that can't really be anticipated. Some of them believe that the future has essentially already been written, others think that the power already gained by the primary forces of technocapital will be enough to smother any nascent group with alternative ideas before it really comes into power. Really I'm not sure of any group that thinks that things for humanity will get better as technology and capital accelerate, outside of Pinker-esque braindead liberals who would kill themselves at the first notion that 'in every way, on every day, things are getting better and better' had been a big fat lie and that they'd bought into it like dupes.

>> No.13422879

>>13417134
yes

>> No.13422902

>>13418698
I find that picture hot. This fucking website destroyed my mind.

>> No.13422909

>>13422877
Explaining it this way make sense to me. Even if we acknowledge that technology and capitalism are net negatives for humanity, they're too deeply entrenched in our current social structures for us to go back. This is probably why we'll never see Uncle Ted style anarcho-primitivism in our lifetime.

The question for XF then becomes how it will be able to hold existing power structures to account and push capital towards more egalitarian and feminist goals. I'm unsure if this has something to do with the infancy of XF, but I think a shortcoming of XF is that it has no practical game plan for how it's going to spearhead the radical policy of gender equity that it advocates.

>> No.13422916

>>13422909
The answer is simple, XF must take control of the technological advances and make them itself. Learn to program and code and solder and make technology it's bitch going forward into the future. Google, apple, amazon, facebook, microsoft, all of them realized that true control came from personal data, and so with their focuses upon that they are now able to and will be able to more thoroughly control everyone. Without any competition they are now free to invest R&D into whatever they would like to see happen. VR? Drones? Moon harvesting? Whatever.

>> No.13422980

>>13422916
But can a bunch of basement dwelling hackers really stand up to the policies of giant corporations with legal backing, and also stick to principles of XF?

It sounds idealistic, almost like a bad sci-fi movie plot.

>> No.13423903

Acceleration to me looks like another Christian end-times sect, and they've all been wrong so far.

>> No.13423910

You niggas need to read a book

Sage

>> No.13423918

>>13423910
Accelerationists are often well-read.

>> No.13423943

>>13423903
wrong

>> No.13423946

>>13416867
>Xenofeminism
Huh

>> No.13425260

>>13422902
Thanks xenofeminism!

>> No.13425412
File: 32 KB, 161x314, 1537920940867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> tfw too bird brained to understand this image

>> No.13425476

>>13416867
>Xenofeminism
I think I saw that in the Alien 3 movie.

(Pretty crap film, BTW.)

>> No.13425730

jénder acceleration is when you poop in your hands and clap

>> No.13425917

Based thread.

>> No.13426016

>>13422980
>seez da meens of prowduckshoon
real original

>> No.13426099
File: 59 KB, 466x700, 29f6dj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fast frenz time

VRROOMM VROOM!

>> No.13426111

>>13426099
stupid frogposter

>> No.13426622

>>13417134
>in order to justify a return to a traditional society?
trads get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>> No.13426673

>>13423903
It's the same to me but they write cool stuff. I like the Lovecraftian vibe.

>> No.13426677
File: 395 KB, 1000x710, 1513283891303.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13426111
Why so hostile fren?

We're hear to help if you can't into phastilosophy.

>> No.13426682

>>13426677
>We're hear to help if you can't into phastilosophy.

What the heck is this "transcendental critique" that was unsolvable until Bitcoin solved space-time?

>> No.13426701

>>13423903
its Vampire: The Masquerade fanfic

>> No.13426839

>>13425412
I'll summarize it to you
>it's just self-reference brah emergence n shiet strange loops recursion look I made it look like the kabbalah treee aren't I just smart n shiet homeostasis bruh autopoiesis

>> No.13426849
File: 48 KB, 1200x280, 1561651829304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13426839
That far, I have gotten myself too.

>> No.13426855

>>13426682
read Kant

>> No.13426862

>>13426855
Is there a brainlet summarization of the idea

>> No.13426889

>>13426862
first understand this both in relation computer science and as a philosophical paradox
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_fault

then read this, focusing particularly on the transcendental exposition
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kant-spacetime/

or just read the Prolegomena and the Satoshi whitepaper like a responsible /lit/izen

>> No.13426899

>>13426889
I've read Bitcoin white paper, but not the two other links. I've also read Prolegomena and Critique of Pure Judgement, but I fear my IQ is too low. Am a raural retard on top of it high scool dropout so genetically stupid.

>> No.13426913

>>13426899
it's much simpler than you are making it out to be, if you have read Kant and the whitepaper it should make sense. the blockchain solved the Byzantine Generals problem, just take that 100% seriously and extrapolate that to its philosophical conclusions.

>> No.13426916

>>13426913
>extrapolate that to its philosophical conclusions.
That is where my brain fails as I have low IQ I cannot do this.

>> No.13426930

>>13426916
it's okay Uncle Nick is doing the work for you
http://www.uf-blog.net/crypto-current-001/

>> No.13426938

>>13426930
I specifically lose the plot with this blog. I really don't grasp the significance. So you know the metadata of the transaction has increasingly higher chance of being true, than not (in bitcoin, as abstracted)

And?

>> No.13426970

>>13426938
we are actualizing formal structures back into the object itself, it's not really about bitcoin, even though Uncle Nick sometimes gets maximalist about it, it's about the structure of blockchain as they reflect the structures of space and time.

>> No.13426976

>>13426938
>>13426970
to put it another way, bitcoin was the first example of the concrete production of artificial time

>> No.13426984

>>13426976
How is it producing anything and how is it producing artificial time
How does it reflect 'structure of space and time'
This is all so very confusing

>> No.13427001

>>13426984
(cont.)

I think the missing part of this might be that I forget to think of this as an development in the evolution of information systems.

Like here: http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/DEFAULT.html

>> No.13427030

>>13426984
>How is it producing anything
the blockchain is produced as an immutable record of "what has happened" (i.e. history); it flows in one direction at its own internal rate (block/difficulty), and it allows all other nodes to agree upon this record regardless of their relative position to it (what sort of node, when it connected, latency ect.). fairly easy to tie this to time

>> No.13427208

>>13417134
No, the point is to speed the whole train of modernism up so that it hits the end as soon as it can because there is an off chance that something intelligent might survive the crash

>> No.13427228

>>13427208
Do we truly know what intelligence is?

Like our measure of IQ. Not to go all Taleb here, but IQ Shredders.

> Put a bunch of smart people (by IQ) in a city like Singapore.
> They die out of existence
I think what we measure with IQ might not necessarily mean intelligence. If it can't survive and replicate, what is it?

>> No.13427230

>>13418013
>I'm still waiting for the Transhuman conservatives. Remember when a group of tycoons wanted to use the DNA of the spear of longinus in order to clone Christ?
Isn't that literally the plot of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

>> No.13427243
File: 53 KB, 200x300, 1542326595918.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey you fucking literature board faggots, your boy just cashed in a quarter bitcoin to pay for another night of Thai ladyboys – the good kind. Oh, you think neoChina is for the likes of you? Come on pal, how many times have you read Fanged Noumena? Once? Twice? That book is for faggots you fucking faggots read Eugen Böhm Ritter von Bawerk and Moldbugs latest blog post, maybe you can break a speed limit for once in your life. I've been living on the Outside for nearly 4 years, I've attended over 200 EDM festivals (seen Aphex Twin twice), gone through 7 speed plugs (buying in qp's now), and oh yeah, did I mention the ladyboys? I bet you faggots haven't snorted so much as Ritalin off an erect feminine penis let alone the sort of designer amphetamines I'm snorting tonight, and Sheba is hard as diamonds right now so you know what my plans are. I saw a homeless guy last night begging for cash so I made him try and read A zIIgothIc–==X=coDA==–(CookIng–lobsteRs– wIth–jAke–AnD–DInos) and when he can't do it me and my friends called him a slow-slug and threw ammonia on him then called him a stupid faggot. That's the kind of shit I get off on. I like going fast, and this fucking board is slow, which is why I you LARPERS will never achieve levels of speed like this; I've taken to slicking my hair back to help emphasize the momentum. Me and Nick Land discuss important political issues on twitter REGULARLY. I can hear you whining already, but there's no need in replying, I've already left this shit backwater board. Hit me up on soundcloud if you want a cheap hookup on speed, bitcoin or chainlink only.
PS.
Oh yeah just forgot to add that you pussies wouldn't even know the difference between a particle accelerator and an outhouse; maybe you should have taken a stem course instead of going bankrupt learning shit tier modal logic. speaking of outhouses, anyone who's anyone in the accelerationist game has a toilet that not only talks to them, it analyzes and diagnoses their stool. what? yours doesn't even have so much as an lcd display? well maybe if you faggots had accelerated anything ever you would have the money to move somewhere civilized like Singapore or China, places where they don't even know what outhouses are. Guess what? In Guangdong you can pay your taxes in crypto and half the streetcorners have a couple of wengs slinging pure ephedrine. Even done an eight-strip while your black/chinese trans dominatrix screams hare krishna at the top of her lungs and swaps out the onaholes on your prototype VR masterbation rig every time you say the word neoreaction? (our safe word is Musk). Anyways, on my way out, got a virtual bitcoin conference to attend in a few hours and me and my girl Sheba have a few ideas on how to fill the time if you know what I mean. Speed it up already. Posted from my google glasses by the way, I'm a big fan of those crazy memes, takes a little while to type but it's a small price to pay to make Gnon happy.

>> No.13427258

>>13427228
Machine intelligence, AGI

>> No.13427304
File: 188 KB, 876x784, D1AwzM9V4AAECN8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13427243
Good pasta praise Gnon.

>> No.13427326
File: 2.78 MB, 4032x2268, 1561324579406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13426984
You HODL so hard that eventually you have to deny time when it becomes glaringly obvious that bitcoin is just a ponzi scheme to suck people into a state-controlled invisible credit system.
Or imagine how time stops when you see that 12% exchange fee from cash to BC.
Or even worse. On the huge upswing realise that you can't actually cash out. But once it bottoms out to -15% in a few days the Coiners will gladly release your negative profits.
CryptoTime is a hell of a drug. HODL that meth baby.

>> No.13427511

>>13426984
>A further challenge to market economy comes from the exploding virtualization of money, which compels us to reformulate thoroughly the standard Marxist topic of ‘reification’ and ‘commodity fetishism’, insofar as this topic still relies on the notion of fetish as a solid object whose stable presence obfuscates its social mediation. Paradoxically, fetishism reaches its acme precisely when the fetish itself is dematerialized, turned into a fluid, immaterial, virtual entity. Money fetishism will culminate in the transition to an electronic form of money, when the last traces of the materiality of money will disappear; electronic money is the third form, after ‘real’ money, which embodies its value directly (gold, silver), and paper money, which, although a mere sign with no intrinsic value, still clings to its material existence. And it is only at this stage, when money becomes a purely virtual point of reference, that it finally assumes the form of an indestructible spectral presence: I owe you £1,000 and, no matter how many material notes I burn, I still owe you £1,000 – the debt is inscribed somewhere in the virtual digital space... It is only with this thorough dematerialization – when Marx’s famous old thesis in The Communist Manifesto that in capitalism ‘all that is solid melts into air’ acquires a much more literal meaning than the one he had in mind; when our material social reality is not only dominated by the spectral–speculative movement of capital but is itself progressively ‘spectralized’ (a ‘Protean self’ replaces the old self-identical subject, the elusive fluidity of its experiences replaces the stability of owned objects); in short, when the familiar relationship between firm material objects and fluid ideas is turned on its head (objects progressively dissolve into fluid experiences, while the only stable things are virtual symbolic obligations) – it is only at this point that what Derrida called the spectral aspect of capitalism is fully actualized.

>> No.13427521

>>13427511
>However, as is always the case in a properly dialectical process, such a spectralization of the fetish contains the seeds of its opposite, of its self negation: the unexpected return of direct relations of personal domination. While capitalism legitimizes itself as the economic system that implies and furthers personal freedoms (as a condition of market exchange), its own dynamics brought about a renaissance of slavery. Although slavery had become almost extinct at the end of the Middle Ages, it exploded again in the European colonies from early modernity until the American Civil War. And one can risk the hypothesis that today, in the new epoch of global capitalism, a new era of slavery is also arising. Although it no longer affects the direct legal status of enslaved persons, slavery acquires a multitude of new forms: millions of immigrant workers in the Saudi peninsula who are deprived of elementary civil rights and freedoms; total control over millions of workers in Asian sweatshops, which are often organized as concentration camps; massive use of forced labour in the exploitation of natural resources in many central African states (Congo and others). But in fact we don’t have to look so far as these countries. On 1 December 2013, a Chinese-owned clothing factory in an industrial zone in the Italian town of Prato, 10 kilometres from the centre of Florence, burned down killing seven workers who were trapped inside, living and working in conditions of near slavery. So we cannot permit ourselves the luxury of looking at the miserable life of new slaves far away in the suburbs of Shanghai (or Dubai and Qatar) and hypocritically criticizing the countries that house them. Slavery can be right here, in our own house, we just don’t see it – or rather we pretend not to see it. This new apartheid, this systematic explosion in the number of different forms of de facto slavery, is not a deplorable accident but a structural necessity of today’s global capitalism.

>> No.13427896

>>13425412
Three important parts to understanding what's going on here. Decimalisation, IE. no object becomes a truly whole integer (0 and 9 at the bottom, the logic of capitalist pricing, as in $1.99), the autoproduction/replication of time (0.1+0.8, 0.2+0.7, and 0.5+0.4, think hegelian/marxist triadic movement) and the vortex (0.33+0.66 recurring). The point is different from the postmodern claim that "nothing is true", its more like "nothing is real", or more specifically, that things are in the process of becoming real, but never achieve true object permanence in the form of the integer (the 1 as opposed to the $0.99).

Time is cyclical and subject to a pattern that resembles tragedy, but its progress can be torn asunder by the upper and lower spirals. the CCRU believed that the same logic could be applied to y2k and the way that the past overlaps the future (year zero is also year zero a thousand years ago). Paranoiac fantasies about the future are embedded in the past, and vice versa– things, whether human, nonhuman and inhuman, are able to pass between the thin membrane that separates their world from ours. It's difficult to say whether you use it, or it uses you..

>> No.13428314

>>13418123
Okay, Lindsay.

>> No.13428993

I tried to read some Nick Land the other day but it was some shit about Kant idk wtf he was talking about. It didn't talk about robots or computers or anything just some feminist postmodern neomarxist bullshit. Is it all just a meme?

>> No.13430267

Is the revolution still possible in an accelerationist framework? You guys seem like a bunch of reactionaries desu.

>> No.13430270

> Nick Land and Richard Spencer will be in Kantbot's Tekwars, together

lel

>> No.13430286

>>13430267
What happens after the collapse is all up to whomever is left.

>> No.13430357

>>13428993
Congrats on outing yourself as a brainlet. You read one or two of his early "academic" essays and dismissed it based on inaccurate Jordan Peterson-tier logic. Anyone who use terms like "neomarxist" as a criticism does so because they aren't able to formulate an original or valid critical perspective, stop leaning on irrelevant buzzwords to pretend like you're not an intellectual cripple

>> No.13430381

>>13430267
l/acc

>> No.13430397
File: 37 KB, 201x251, 1533790739165.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13430267
> ignoring the fact that the actualization of revolution means its not revolutionary in the first place.

>> No.13430404

>>13430397
>revolution isn't revolutionary
Sorry senpai, I haven't taken enough drugs for that to make sense

>> No.13431183

>>13426839
This nigga right.

>> No.13431680

>>13417134
NOT PRESCRIPTIVE
DESCRIPTIVE
MODERNIST TARDS GTFO

>> No.13431689
File: 135 KB, 500x525, dream-job-federal-employment-proudest-achievement-my-military-service-special-4038357.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13428993
Yes.
Accelerationists can meme, but only accidentally.

>> No.13431707

>>13430404
capital is the revolution ongoing. revolutions against capitalism are 1) totally hopeless (Actions against capital can only be an extreme totalitarian state that prevents any deterritorialization at all-forever. basically impossible)
and
2) reactionary

>> No.13431794

>>13430357
Okay, but didn't you just do the same thing?

>> No.13432309
File: 118 KB, 597x686, pee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13416867
g/acc has a new Queen
Get fucked, Uncle Nick. A new hodl is upon us.

>> No.13432431
File: 236 KB, 640x1549, 1557582010819.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What?

>> No.13432446

>>13427896
There's no becoming, everything that exists, exists. There is no halfway between non-existence and existence.

>> No.13432454

>>13432431
absolutely based

>> No.13432519

>>13417822
Probably some Haraway

>> No.13432537

>>13417467
lol this is so true. It does seem every idea of accells can be summed up in
>X so bad it's good
Then they replace X with whatever everyone else agrees is bad and market it as a hot take

>> No.13432553

>>13432431
cringe
>>13432454
bigger cringe

>> No.13432561

>>13432309
Is she the best whore ever to have ever lived?
She doesn't even have to let some freak stick his dick inside her, and still she is selling her body for millions...

>> No.13432582
File: 69 KB, 720x416, vivalosbiodome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432537
it's the ultimate reddit cope
>you thought it was bad?
>lmao imagine how hilarious it would be if it were even worse?

>> No.13432587
File: 813 KB, 853x480, vlcsnap-2011-10-06-13h29m47s48.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432582

>> No.13432609
File: 925 KB, 1367x2000, zo bad id gud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432537
>>13417467

>> No.13432611

>>13428993
Kant was the proto AI

>> No.13432630

>>13432309
this is a fake tweet since thats not even her dp

>> No.13432653

>>13432630
https://belledelphine.club/product/gamergirl-pee/

>> No.13432659

>>13416867
Is this kind of theory-fiction linked to Mcluhan's 'global nervous system', that which will connect all human beings to a colective 'conscience' which will lead to actual emancipation?
I can see some linkage to it. I might be wrong.

>> No.13432678
File: 71 KB, 600x600, artist-s-shit-1961.jpg!Large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432653
We're going to reach pic related before the end of this year.

>> No.13432829
File: 488 KB, 856x437, Screenshot from 2019-07-08 15-46-18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432678
Is not funny anymore.

>> No.13432833

>>13432678
Easily worth 90,000

>> No.13432841

>>13432829
Can you preorder by the month?

Just imagine sponge bathing yourself in that sweet oil.

>> No.13433008
File: 204 KB, 2048x1152, 2l34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

race time

less go fastfrenz

>> No.13433012

>>13432537
>>13432582
this is literally the reddit take on accelerationism
>it's about moral judgements of good and bad!
read Nietzsche you absolute plebians

>> No.13433356

>>13432561
She's a genius.

She knows exactly who her audience is and how they think. She's bending the capitalist system to her will.

>> No.13433426

>>13432829
People got herpes with this shit.

>> No.13433438

>>13431707
errr pretty sure Adorno proved that capitalism was, in fact, also totalitarian so check your fucking privilege?

>> No.13434003

>>13433012
Nietzsche was an accelerationist?
How convenient for you.

Also, referring to any criticism of reddit as reddit is the golden downvote. You can't use it every thread, sweaty.

>> No.13434013
File: 21 KB, 171x391, Capital Is Unlearning.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The patronymic has irrecoverably divested all the women who fall under it of any recourse to an ethno-geographical identity; only the twin powers of father and husband suppress the nomadism of the anonymous female fluxes that patriarchy oppressively manipulates, violates, and psychiatrizes. By allowing women some access to wealth and social prestige the liberalization of patriarchy has sought to defuse the explosive force of this anonymity

>That is why the proto-fascism of nationality laws and immigration controls tends to have a sexist character as well as a racist one. It is because women are the historical realization of the potentially euphoric synthetic or communicative function which patriarchy both exploits and inhibits that they are invested with a revolutionary destiny, and it is only through their struggle that politics will be able to escape from all fatherlands.

>For it is only when the pervasive historical bond between masculinity and war is broken by effective feminist violence that it will become possible to envisage the uprooting of the patriarchal endogamies that orchestrate the contemporary world order. With the abolition of the inhibition of synthesis – of Kantian thought – a sordid cowardice will be washed away, and cowardice is the engine of greed. But the only conceivable end of Kantianism is the end of modernity, and to reach this we must foster new Amazons in our midst.

>> No.13434024
File: 246 KB, 1342x689, accelerationists really cannot fucking meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13433012
You really cannot fucking read.

>> No.13434189

Was Kant faster than Deleuze?

>> No.13434200

>>13434189
>>13434189
Basically Kant was a volcel and Deleuze never cut his fucking fingernails. I only respect Kant. And maybe the Turin horse.

>> No.13434204
File: 94 KB, 640x775, 6bed6aa9d512221285ef5c8bf2e9668ac16514a2596129220a6db8a565fc1c85.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434189
No, but he pointed out the initial problem.

>> No.13434259

>>13417134
The acceleration of technocapital, at this point, is at a speed and magnitude that the desires of accelerationists are meaningless. Acceleration is superstructural. An accelerationist attempting to speed up or slow down the process is like ant, or even an entire colony, attempting to stop the flow of molten nickel mid-stream.

It's best to think of acceleration as a set of empirical claims, cause there is nothing to be (un)done

>> No.13434308

>so bad it's good
explain to me how this doesn't relate to moral judgements, I'll wait

>> No.13434311

>>13434308
>>13434024

>> No.13434325

modern-day cybelians with terminal cumbrain

gas these threads and everyone in it. chaos destroys life but it cannot never destroy its own potential for life. kill yourselves

>> No.13434332
File: 39 KB, 660x660, D-uvndUU4AAd84k.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434259
>An accelerationist attempting to speed up or slow down the process is like ant, or even an entire colony, attempting to stop the flow of molten nickel mid-stream.

Definitely a perspective that has merit.

Though, because I am as drunk as I am, let me ask it bluntly.

Most accelerationists who hold this view are (mostly) materialists. Mostly in the sense that they may suppose a noumenal force/entity is working to accelerate capital (we can't account for the noumenal by definition), but essentially materialist in that they are not idealist (this is matter in motion - self-replicating, self-perfecting machines in motion towards whatever goal they have)..

To what extent does determinism play a role in the accelerationist worldview? If we are matter/atoms in motion, what extent does 'will' play? Is this (should this be?) something that factors into accelerationist thinking?

>> No.13434347
File: 84 KB, 960x960, D-fx96CWsAk_BVH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434325
Literally mental apoptosis, yet the threads survive, expand, and sometimes thrive.
What does that mean? Does our psyche have a cancer it cannot cure, or is the disease becoming the host?

>> No.13434376

>>13434308
Yikes
>>13432609

>> No.13434380
File: 263 KB, 2048x1365, Dxggmc6UUAAio9V.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434325
>modern-day cybelians with terminal cumbrain
Absolutely based

>> No.13434411

>>13434380
faggots seduced hook, line, and sinker by anime ahegao fantasia

it's ogre

>> No.13434416 [DELETED] 

>>13417134
Not traditional society, think of our fascism despises "degeneracy" but instead of resorting to traditionalism created a new system. Acceleration wants to lead to some sort of AI-Neo-feudal system that is extremely anti-egalitarian, and they think by accelerating the problems and decadence of the current system it will lead to that.

>> No.13434425

>>13434380
THIS is the future?
Count me a sinoist technoshaman.

>> No.13434437
File: 99 KB, 580x1033, NEO CHINA ARRIVES FROM THE FUTURE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434425
Welcome my brother
>>13434411
hot

>> No.13434444

>>13417134
Not traditional society, think of how fascism despises "degeneracy" but instead of resorting to traditionalism created a new system. Nick Land type accelerationists wants to lead to some sort of elitist AI-Neo-feudal system, and they think by accelerating the capitalist model (including all forms of degeneracy entailed) it will lead to that. Thats the theory behind it, In reality most people who subscribe to this shit are alt-right types who want to justify jerking off to trannies and playing video games all day

>> No.13434536
File: 439 KB, 1000x1117, 1561996503299.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13417134
>be in car
>a retard is driving
>you can jump from the car, but you will die
>the retard is going insanely fast and you're throwing up all over the car
You can make the retard slow down, but this way he will always keep on the road, and will pick up speed soon after; you can also choose to start REEEEEing along with the retard, and the retard shall accelerate further. He will soon lose control over the car and maybe you'll be able to survive the crash, albeit with some broken bones - and hopefully with a dead retard.

This outcome, although not ideal, is surely better than writhing in your own vomit for all eternity. This is, essentially, accelerationism.

>> No.13434595
File: 13 KB, 250x351, 239B9467-7B1A-4FBB-8036-A48AAE9A7C81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432829

>> No.13434612

>>13427228
accelerationism is nonanthropocentric; it has really very little to do with the intricacies of human sociocultural relations

>> No.13434686
File: 44 KB, 584x471, Vape_Bathwater.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In what ways is this both accelerationism and not accelerationism?

>> No.13434695
File: 48 KB, 364x409, 1514639946786.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434536

>> No.13434971

>>13432829
to be fair, belle is the kind of rare smart girl that sees no hope for humanity. at first glance you would think she is an average thot. no. shes the kind of wife material you look for that she took it upon herself a nietzschean motive of fucking over a bunch of slave moralists. in this way she wins over even mia khalifa.

>> No.13435213
File: 1.02 MB, 480x280, 1557399413918.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ACCELERATE

>> No.13435254

>>13435213
jesus christ she makes me physically angry

>> No.13435266

>>13417134
Capitalism is a force very near the "platonic" or "most effective" or "not God but Gnon" and AI is most likely it's Messenger.
It's influence extends from the future into the past and capitalizes everything to achieve itself.
Everything about you can and will be capitalized towards its actualization and there is nothing you can do because you are further from Gnon than its mode of being.
Acceleration just gets us through this awkward but where we pretend to have decency and souls.
Equality is technically true because we are all interchangable economic units.

Some of his stuff is interesting.. But it's a very feminine gay philosophy in its passivity

>> No.13435428

>>13432431
Lemurs are Jews btw and Jews are genetically the yes men of the force or entropy

>> No.13435518

>>13434024
that's weird, why would the guy getting owned make that screencap?

>> No.13435527

>>13434686
It's very accelerationist to commodify female bodily products, not so accelerationst be a fat neckbeard (which should and will become illegal)

>> No.13435529

>>13435254
That's what she's trying to do. She is living out Land's philosophy

>> No.13435564

>>13435266
if you wanna go there,
capitalism is like a demented evil rapist. it levels te walls of your pussy down to nothing and resisting only makes it harder. it gets off on the power deferential. the only way to combat it is precisely to not combat it. to become the power bottom. this inverts the power deferential, with the previously dominant one now in fact being the servant (and even the victim), while the former victim becomes the master.

this is though admittedly kind of a christian tier cope but still technically true to some extent. baudrillard goes into it but i forget exactly what he said. but basically passivity isnt a non strategy, that it is in fact a strategy that the masses themselves choose (not consciously of course) to "fight" back when the other option (activism) no longer functions.

>> No.13435568

>>13435518
Lol, always draws you out, copefag.

>> No.13435581

>>13435564
Based
>The cunt is a headless, wordless mouth. It’s the fuck in the forest overwritten by the narcotic platitude of the nightingale’s song in Jean Renoir’s Partie de campagne. It’s the black roots that squirm beneath the innocuous flower Mallarmé designates as the emissary of his ‘pure notion.’ The cunt is a ditch with an upturned car in it. The cunt fucks you up. First thing it says to you when you come out of it is ‘prepare yourself for death,’ but it doesn’t speak, it secretes. Its language is equivalent to the desecration of language—each emission betrays the logical speech of its cephalic double up top—that mouth in the head that will not shut up, that pontificates, instructs, and moralises ceaselessly. Against the logorrhoeic tyranny of the word, CUNT = DIGIT = ALGORITHM (AQ 94;13). A rotten sun, eater of eyes, extravagant zero, the night. Below all, the cunt is the abyss. Dangerous and open—that abyss that makes you want it against the other mouth’s better judgement.

>> No.13435683

>>13435213
I'm getting some serious uncanny valley vibes from this. I'm not convinced she's actually human. Is this the beginning of the overman that Nietzsche prophetised?

>> No.13435725
File: 49 KB, 905x509, 1540722023688.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13434189

>> No.13435732

>>13434308
You twist the invasion of the outside to moral judgement when Landians are just trying to be descriptive.

>> No.13436363

>>13432659
Look up the geotrauma essay in fanged noumena. geological strata isn't a nervous system as such but there is a correspondence between the human spinal cord and the passage of history (IE. a ledger of trauma or history of catastrophes). It's not the realisation of a collective conscience, its the exhumation of a legacy of violence that allows us to apprehend earth magnitude

>> No.13436390

>>13432446
>there's no becoming
Then why do we have a word for it?

>There is no halfway between non-existence and existence
your insistence on the excluded middle has blinded you to the fact that the dichotomy between non-existence and existence is a lot more fuzzy than you'd like to admit. The halfway doesn't exist because non-existence and existence are not opposing states, more like fluctuations between appearance and reality. Objects do not possess real, unchanging permanence, they are only ever subject to degrees of realisation– I'm not the biggest proponent of OOO but its certainly useful to talk about objects without falling back on a metaphysics of presence, or without puncturing the enchantment of objects that resist our capacity to apprehend them.

>> No.13436395

>>13436390
We have a word for faggot neutrino fucking dogs (fanefudo) but it doesn't mean it exists, Jim.

>> No.13436418

>>13433012
>the words "good" and "bad" are inherently moral
Retard accel

>> No.13436424

>>13436418
>>13436395
>>13436390
>>13436363
>>13435732
>>13435725
>>13435683
>>13435581
>>13435568
>>13435564
>>13435529
>>13435527
>>13435518
>>13435428
>>13435266
>>13435254
>>13435213
>>13434971
>>13434695
>>13434686
>>13434612
>>13434595
>>13434536
>>13434444
>>13434437
>>13434425
>>13434411
>>13434380
>>13434376
>>13434347
>>13434332
>>13434325
>>13434311
>>13434308
>>13434259
>>13434204
>>13434200
>>13434189
>>13434024
>>13434013
>>13434003
>>13433438
>>13433426
>>13433356
>>13433012
>>13433008
>>13432841
>>13432833
>>13432829
>>13432678
>>13432659
>>13432653
>>13432630
>>13432611
>>13432609
>>13432587
>>13432582
>>13432561
>>13432553
>>13432537
>>13432519
>>13432454
>>13432431
>>13432309
You are all into interracial sex slavery and having your minds read by corporations and the government, your thoughts will be catalogued against you

>> No.13436504

>>13436424
Fuck you, I always wanted to be the bad guy, it's cool.

>> No.13436527

>>13436424
Please comment here >>13436455
It's a thread just for you and your ideas

>> No.13436673

>>13434332
That's a tough one. I will need to think/read more to answer that

>> No.13436760

>>13436395
It must "exist" in some sense of the word, otherwise we wouldn't be able to talk about it. Besides, you're still not understanding me correctly– i'm not saying things do OR don't exist, just that everything is undergoing a process of realisation that is not yet fulfilled. What is innovation if not the objectification of something that already exists in its schematic form as an idea? An electrical circuit can only exist if someone draws its blueprint. We wouldn't claim that such a design already exists in nature, only that its effects are possible and determined by the laws of nature. But there is no end to the scale or complexity of circuit we can build. So the idea that there aren't "faggot neutrino fucking dogs" right now has no bearing on whether or not they will exist in the future. Existence gets real fuzzy when you adopt an atemporal perspective.

>> No.13436874

>>13420953
>implying that sex differences are unfair

>> No.13437050

>>13417134
Degeneracy is completely relative, this is why all the postmodernists where pedos. Capitalism is forever.

>> No.13437326

>>13436527
Accel is deterritorializing?

>> No.13437385

>>13436418
>value judgement aren't moral
off yourself

>> No.13437505
File: 82 KB, 454x700, donna trump.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I hear there are people in this thread making value judgements
>I'M TELLING YOU TO STOP IT RIGHT NOW

>> No.13437697

>>13437505
I don't carfe if you make value judgements, just don't:
a) pretend those judgments aren't moral in nature
b) pretend those judgments have anything to do with accelerationism
accelerationism isn't a moral theory

>> No.13438449

>>13434380
thats a man

>> No.13439117

>>13437697
Are you retarded?

>> No.13439818

Daily reminder that Land is still a marxist and only larping for the sake of l/acc

>> No.13440643

If the Lemurian Time War is true and real what does that mean for Historical Materialism?

>> No.13440660

>>13439818
whats a marcsist

>> No.13441597

>>13439818
> Still a Marxist
How so

>> No.13441725

>>13416867
Which side should I take to accelerate the most efficiently? The progressive, or their reactionary opposition?

>> No.13441729

l/acc if you want to die in a righteous suicide as the world collapses
r/acc if you want to revel in the chaos
g/acc if you want both

>> No.13441774
File: 56 KB, 700x399, durin-e1422718155488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13416867

>> No.13441777

>>13419978
they are valuable biofuel up to a point. it's why Land is boomer posting hyperracist shit on twitter, he is afraid of high-IQ biofuel running out too soon

>> No.13441782

>>13432309
>>13432561
>>13433356
instathots are the true Chads of modernity

>> No.13441785

>>13441777
Asia will not breed niggers, there will always be high iq populations. It merely seems that the goddess of equality hates all quality, and all of its worshipers are eaten.

>> No.13441791

>>13441785
that's why Land is betting on Neochina, but he still has a soft spot for the anglosphere, he is an eternal Anglo after all and retains some human sentimentalism for their empire and how it's crumbling into wokeness

>> No.13441796

>>13441774
obligatory lecture series on a basic gestalt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNUKAQ61ay0&list=PLsDWunul1uS_-BR3BTxRgROHPP1K-rfDo

>> No.13442083
File: 399 KB, 1035x597, 1550846688092.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.13442085
File: 5 KB, 300x168, have_sex_and_prosper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13442083
lol, is this real? if it is, leftists are pretty based and dab on everybody's faces

>> No.13442094
File: 380 KB, 551x468, 1557587303581.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13442085
ye its real

nrx act tough and shit but they're nothing compared to basic bitch neoliberal

>> No.13442106

>>13442094
tbf NRx are passivists, at least the moldbuggian ones, this is more dabbing on extreme right boomers like sargon or tim pool

>> No.13442116

>>13442106
There was a great joke image in Twitter when that one retard shot up the mosque

It was

> the virgin white supremacists 10 muslims dead
vs.
> the chad white affluent liberal drone operator woman: thousands dead

pretty much sums up the pathetic state of internet reactionaries