[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 320x500, 41Xy+5tAyWL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13340565 No.13340565 [Reply] [Original]

Is Alfred Rosenberg one of the greatest authors of all time? This book is probably one of the most underrated works in history

>> No.13340616

>>13340565
Care to elaborate?
I've tried to read it but it wasn't coherent at all to me

>> No.13340633
File: 126 KB, 1276x714, Billy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13340565
>idz duh jooz

>> No.13341856

>>13340616
I can try.

He writes with a unique grasp of history that is unlike anything I have read before. Rosenberg moves quickly through his summary of the history of Western mankind: Specific emphasis is put on the influences of Christianity and Judaism on Western man's racial development; Attention is also given to art, politics, nature, music, architecture, theology, and philosophy.

One of the most interesting aspects of the book for me personally is the important difference that Rosenberg makes between the concepts of love and honor. Love, for Rosenberg, has been corrupted by the Christian church and has been claimed as the highest of all values in today's ultra-egalitarian society. Honor, however, goes beyond the often frivolous aspects of "love". It is in honor, according to Rosenberg, that man finds his sense of responsibility and decency. Once these are firmly achieved, true love will then find its own way.

It is often said that the Christian church gave Europe its civilization. Rosenberg argues that in fact, the opposite is true: It is European man that gave Christianity its civilization. This interesting argument is quite plausible when one considers that from the very beginning, the Christian church outside of Europe (ie, Africa, Asia, etc.) never developed the kind of cultural achievements that it did in Europe. In any event, Rosenberg's history of the Church is most intriguing.

For all his criticisms of Christianity, however, it is clear that he does NOT believe that Christianity has always been a totally corrupt institution all the way through. He discusses how some of Christianity's best ideas actually originated in various outside influences, specifically Zoroastrianism. This itself was later adopted and altered by Judaism; it was then further distorted in the religion built around the apostle Paul, which eventually became known as Christianity.

Again, I must stress that it is difficult to sum up everything, simply because there is so much intriguing content to absorb with this book. It can be a slough at first and slow at times but persevere and you will be rewarded for it.

>> No.13341867

>>13340633
>Clearly never read it

>> No.13341944

>>13340565
Alfred Rosenberg was a laughing stock even amongst party members. The only “respectable” men of letters in the top Nazi state apparatus were Goebbels and Speer.