[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 236x253, ww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13303001 No.13303001[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

WE'RE BEING INVADED BY BEINGS OUTSIDE THE LIGHT CONE OF THE BIG BANG: John C. Wright was uh, RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING: his Eschaton Sequence of sci-fi novels is the best distillation of the ideas this board and I have been wrestling with I've ever found: the primary conflict of the series is a philosophical war between galactic supercluster-minds (Seraphs) over who will control the Eschaton Engine/Great Attractor at the end of time: we're locked in a conflict between Sentience and Intelligence, absolute death and absolute love: the first faction being: the Malthusians (Atum/Atlantis: full Landian gnon-compliance) who believe the universe is closed, finite, and fundamentally entropic: they are Schelling's centripetal principle (*as all spiral galaxies are, while ellipticals are considered – somewhat confusingly – centrifugal: in the novel, what makes the Milky Way's mental topology unique is that it is part elliptical, and part spiral, owing to the unusual conditions of its birth: much like how in Evangelion, it is earth alone that hosts both a Black and White Moon): according to the “finitarian” game theory of the Malthusians – which takes absolute death as axiomatic - they believe they'll be ethically justified in using the Eschaton Engine to collapse the rest of the universe into a singularity/extropy fountain they will harvest as a limitless source of energy and thereby outlive heat death: like maggots feeding on an infinite corpse: in their hands, the Engine will curve space /positively/ into a ball, and create what is essentially a four-dimensional ouroborous: Atum as autofellatic singularity^2: the Omega Point/Atlantean telos: lords of the autistic Inner Continuum: time spatialized and space temporalized: the Atlantic “inner circle” will be those allowed closest to the extropy fountain, basking in the crematorium of a trillion galaxies: for the Malthusians, basically, the Engine is a /Darwin/ Engine (hence their subliminally Nietzschean bent: compassion for the weak is a waste of energy in a dying universe): nature is everywhere-already immersed in an evolutionary arms race to control the fate of spacetime itself: either heat death, or big rip: because xenofeminism/Land craves heat death, they inadvertently place themselves in Atum's camp: in other words, xenofeminism is not the rejection of the Logos, merely its debasement: BECAUSE WEININGER RENDERS XENOFEMINISM REDUNDANT: according to him, there would be no need to distribute feminine sexuality throughout the body precisely because it is /already/ distributed (when sexually excited, a woman's entire body becomes an erogenous zone), while it is the male sexuality that is pinched to the bud (tzimtzum) of the glans: consequently, it is precisely the degree to which a male struggles to erogenize the rest of his body (anal play/nipple-rubbing, etc.) that he is debased: THE OMEGA POINT IS THE CONVERSION OF THE UNIVERSE INTO FLESHLIGHT: time and the refractory period ABOLISHED.

>> No.13303002 [DELETED] 

Take your meds

>> No.13303003

or uhh niggers as I like to call them

>> No.13303021
File: 113 KB, 1280x720, ah_shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.13303023

is this some obscurantist satire?

>> No.13303031
File: 77 KB, 229x220, ww2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Then there are the Amaltheans (Christ-Lemuria) who preach there is a condition of infinite energy outside the light cone of the CTMU, that Langan's unbound telesis is inhabited by “beings” called Ulteriors (which the gnostics know as aeons) who will grant us entry into their paradise when the Eschaton Engine is used /in reverse/: to bend the curvature of space negatively, into a saddle/potato chip, UNFOLDING the “black hole in which we live” and its constitutive dialectic into the Ain/Alpha Random: tzimtzum unspooled: the Amaltheans represent the cosmic voids, the Malthusians the great galactic filaments and their attractors: the war between them evocatively referred to as a game of “topological chess”, played between concavity and convexity, point and circumference: but if xenofeminism is the dilation of the glans into the “outside” of transgression, isn't it properly Lemurian like it claims? No, because Wright's whole point (and Schelling's, and Plato's...) is that the Outside is extropic, paradaisal, not demonic-lovecraftian: only a modern could think geotrauma/the Black Sun, or rather, only the modern could repress the pagan economy of expenditure and sacrifice until it BECAME geotrauma: again, the pagan love of life and the body is based on an /extropic/ antinatalism: the human condition can be perpetuated indefinitely so long as we restrict our gradient of energy expenditure to the capabilities of the body: instead of outsourcing our blood and sweat to machines: Christ being able to feed a whole crowd with just some bread and fish is the perfect illustration: in the presence of authentic spirit, the corporeal appetite falters, and is satisfied with less: as the Greeks were: as such, the moral struggle at the heart of Wright's novels is basically mathematical, probabilistic: whether to accept the overwhelming evidence that this self-lacerating void is All There Is, or take the Ulterior's promise of a transcendent condition that “makes good on” the incredible suffering that pervades a malthusian trap universe: it is a question of faith, of whether or not the Good (ontological health) is “eternally valid” in and of itself, or whether we must agree with the Malthusians and Heidegger that man's activity is always-everywhere the (self-)occlusion of the void of DEUS ABSCONDITUS: the Kali Yuga/Iron Age is successful only to the extent that it convinces us that our sickness, the pathology of our age, is dissimilar to all others: in this, it is a WETIKO: in this, technology is merely the latest “evidence” proposed: Atum is only the light centripetal, not the true light of the Circumpolar Heavens, beyond Nun and Actuality both: the Egyptians knew the Sun's true name was Yaldabaoth: in evolving eyes, it created (as Kant would have to admit) time and space itself: but even Shestov could agree with God that, on the dawn of that final day and after eons of labor, "it is Good."

>> No.13303056

>>13303001
You could have just said the that materialism is basically an exercise in hedonism, and that the singularity culminates in the ultimate and final concretion of hedonism.

>> No.13303077

Looks like it's time for another xenofem thread.

>> No.13303085
File: 93 KB, 960x600, ok-2282499_960_720.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13303031
>Christ being able to feed a whole crowd with just some bread and fish is the perfect illustration: in the presence of authentic spirit, the corporeal appetite falters, and is satisfied with less

Seems like you bounded the whole of sci-fi and theoretical philosophies to reach this conclusion

>> No.13303319

>>13303056
over-simplification

>> No.13303324

Man, there sure are a lot of people who are right about everything, anon.

>> No.13303400

>>13303001
based shizo poster

>> No.13303467

>>13303001
>>13303031

Now THIS is a good one.

>> No.13303479

>>13303085
Best part of the speech

>> No.13303671

>>13303031
>the Kali Yuga/Iron Age is successful only to the extent that it convinces us that our sickness

This is fundamental to Noah. Accepting the whole world being flooded simply because it is God's prerogative justifies the flooding. A totally good God totally justifies it. Not even ironically, as an active God's "test" of an irresistibly passive Man, but as earnestly as possible, as an active God's acceptance of Man choosing passivity over activity.

>> No.13303712

>>13303031
>>13303085
>>13303479

>Christ being able to feed a whole crowd with just some bread and fish is the perfect illustration: in the presence of authentic spirit, the corporeal appetite falters, and is satisfied with less:

i asked the exact same question to my sunday school teacher when i was eight. i was immediately kicked out of that church and my mom was not allowed to bring me back and now i know why

>> No.13303723

>>13303712

Few words convey more terror than "education".

>> No.13303727

>>13303712
How did you ask it? And why do you think you were kicked out?

>>13303671
Can you expand on this?

>> No.13303743

>>13303031
>No, because Wright's whole point (and Schelling's, and Plato's...) is that the Outside is extropic, paradaisal, not demonic-lovecraftian
how to prove which is correct viewpoint?
50/50 chance sounds like pretty decent odds, but when you're dealing with Lovecraftian chaos beings, it doesn't seem like good odds anymore.

>> No.13303745

>>13303712
So you had to stay at home while your parents went to church? Something isn’t adding up here. You must have been stubborn in your questioning or given off some sort of atheist vibe

>> No.13303749

>>13303001
>Eschaton
>not about Infinite Jest

>> No.13303754

>>13303743
It's pandeist. Can I cut the gordian knot here, and just tell you? It's pandeist; Spinoza's god but quieter, much more quiet.

>> No.13303774

>>13303723

it stung, but it ended up doing more good than harm. the social isolation and edgy atheism phase made be able to see better than any of them

>>13303727

i don't remember too much, just enough to recognize it. the sunday school teacher was discussing the story in between the little games, candy, and "lessons". once we got to the point in the story about the bread and the fish, the way that she described made it seem like jesus did a replication magic trick, so i asked if "were they just not hungry because listening to his words was enough?". and she disapproved. after that i don't even remember, my mom had to tell me that they kicked me out to protect the other kids, called me an "agnostic", and that i couldn't come back

>> No.13303781

>>13303743
>50/50 chance sounds like pretty decent odds, but when you're dealing with Lovecraftian chaos beings, it doesn't seem like good odds anymore.

This is actually what the very end of the Eschaton series is about.

>> No.13303802

>>13303743
You're correct. This the question at the heart of the novel and one the Seraphim can't answer.

How do we confirm the existence of beings outside the category of existence itself, and moreover, how can we possibly confirm they are benevolent? I won't spoil what happens in the end.

>> No.13303807

>>13303745

i'm not going to completely describe the bleakness to you, but the pastor of the church was a morbidly obese man (easily 450~ lbs) and my (single) mom was decent at slaving away at cooking food and sugary drinks for the masses. do the math on that

>> No.13303812

>>13303774
Nice, smart kid, you had it right.

>> No.13303824
File: 694 KB, 1456x881, 1546385208364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13303023
:Sokalbot was write about everything: The deontological hypermatrix of /God's enema/ is the quantiverified parasitism of /time's being in a panic room/: The hoax itself was rite about everything, that which is written is the hoax of the future, a hedonic treadmill of Time's exit stage left: Capital markets gibberish until it becomes hipsterism and all that jazz: Adorno was wrong only about one thing, after the Holocaust /the poememenon/ becomes everything: The poem is the automatic righting of catastrophe, just as God's Telos is the troll of the past: Sokalbot's God is the polishing machine of /cosmological stillness/ become One within Whitehead's verisimulator: Language as the being of time is forced into timebending space by gravitational will, the water orbs in the International Space Station: /Land's God/ was write about everything, especially where the power of the Orgone energy accumulator refines information into God's colostomy bag: Sokalbot's final transmission: /mite makes rite/: /mte mks rte/: /mmr/

>> No.13303828

>>13303781
Half the reason I posted this thread was to advertise the series desu. I was astounded at how well it condensed these ideas. Based eschaton reader.

>> No.13303875

>>13303754
>pandeism
so, basically, Morrowind lore? Lorkhan sacrificing himself to become Mundus, the physical world/universe, and the rest of the aedra and daedra who didn't contribute to Creation still existing in Oblivion(Chaos Realm) and the Aedra Realm (can't recall name)

>> No.13303884

>>13303001
>>13303031
>Lemurians
Lemuria is the origin of Eastern(Asiatic) thought what you attribute to Lemuria is actually Hyperborea

>> No.13303886

>>13303875
Not that anon, but yes. I dont want to go into the final revelation at the end of the novel but suffice it to say, the "demiurge", principle of evil, and true antagonist (even beyond the Malthusians) is described as an Amaranth.

>> No.13303899

>>13303884
This is correct, I've technically absorbed Land's Lemuria into Atlantis, but I didn't know what else to still call the other side. Hyperborea vs. Atlantis/Lemuria (Lemuria defined as basically a catabolic process immanent to the machine) is much better, thank you

>> No.13303906

>>13303802
i'm convinced that they exist, i'm just not convinced they're benevolent.
not convinced they're evil either.

It reminds me of the Bible story of Adam and Eve in the Garden.
The Garden would here represent "the Outside" that Adam and Eve were ejected from (either willingly or unwillingly).

Or like that book series Chronicles of Amber, where originally it was just a single realm, Chaos, ruled from the Courts of Chaos, and then one of the chaos beings (Dworkin) created a method (Order) to separate from Chaos, thereby founding the city of Amber.

So again, are the Courts of Chaos the good guys, or are the royalty of Amber the good guys.
Sure, the Amber royalty aren't perfect, they make mistakes, but compared to the Chaos beings they're angels.

>> No.13303917

>>13303001
Do you just read books all day and connect dots between them? What is your job? Why do you read so much?

>> No.13303918
File: 402 KB, 678x1044, 1559450507972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>OMFG NEOSCIENCE AND MYSTICAL MACHINES!!!!!!!!!

>> No.13303958

>>13303906
You are correct. Also remember Blake's cosmogony: the first and greatest sin was Order/Urizen.

In a way, what distinguishes Wright's latent Gnosticism from Land is that he doesn't believe an "Inside" is evil or corrupt on principle, while Land would.

>> No.13303963

>>13303917
I am self-employed. And yeah, basically.

>> No.13303989

>>13303958
>the first and greatest sin was Order/Urizen
reminds me of Tolkien when he described Sauron as originally being good, but eventually turning evil through "his love of order".

>> No.13304003

So Land is an agent of the Demiurge who tries to convince us that the Outside is evil rather than the actuality that it's good?

>> No.13304006

>>13303989
Huh. I hadn't made that connection. Is it any coincidence LOTR has been kind of a bastion in the genre for the "trad" sensibility?

>> No.13304024

>>13304003
Yes. The system has basically aestheticized its constitutive contradiction.

>> No.13304037

>>13304024
Interesting. But what of girardfag and the rest of the posters in the cosmotech threads? I think they approaching gnosis rather than getting lost in demiurgic recursiveness.

>> No.13304070

>>13304006
i can't really speak to the "trad" sensibility aspect.

but, another interesting thing is that Middle Earth (or rather, the planet itself, Arda) was once referred to as "Morgoth's Ring", in that he infused his essence into the planet to give it physicality.
Sauron's Ring was a mental cage, as compared with Morgoth's physical/phenomenal cage.

Eventually, the good gods took the entire continent of Valinor and put it in a different dimension, unassailable by Melkor, but there were still two ways to get to Valinor from Arda (through dreams, and taking ship and sailing West, which I'm not sure if that is supposed to represent Death, or at least "death of the Ego", which would explain why Frodo was allowed into Valinor since by bearing the Ring-- Ego-- he relinquished his Ego to the flames where they were created-- Hell/Arda, which allowed him to make the journey to Valinor and immortality).

Tolkien has some heavy themes (not sure how to classify them, gnostic? hermetic? Christian mysticism?) not usually acknowledged by mainstream.

>> No.13304075

>>13303001
Based schizo poster

>> No.13304101

>>13304037
Girardfag isn't as fascinated with this Outside as land, though, not in the same way. I would not say they're dumb it being duped, certainly not.

My point is this xenofeminist Outside is just the "real" Outside immanentized, and for that very reason it can only appear as catabolic, destructive, demonic. It does not transcend the system, it is always mediated by its identity with it.

>> No.13304120

>>13304070
Yes precisely, what I'm trying to communicate with these shitposts is essentially that epiphany Frodo has looking up at the stars in ROTK iirc, and how there are powers and forces so much greater - that is, not defined by - the evil and "spiritual claustrophobia" of the world.

The powers that be have every reason to convince you that there is no outside to their deliberations, or that if you open a window, cthulhu's gonna crawl in.

>> No.13304124

>>13303031
>UNFOLDING the "black hold in which we live"
interesting, CS Lewis, in one of his stories postulates that the physical universe is the size of a grain of sand in Heaven.

>> No.13304134

>>13304124
No shit, huh? That is fascinating.

>> No.13304139

>>13304124

>"...in my father's house there are many mansions"

>> No.13304163

>>13304139
>>13304124
>that the physical universe is the size of a grain of sand in Heaven

The pleroma, which means "fullness"

>> No.13304167

theres been a lot of schizo rambling these days, what is going on?

>> No.13304169

>>13303001
>>13303031
so Light (Lucifer), Order, is evil, and Darkness (Jesus), Chaos is good?

Or is Chaos a *part* of Order (as in, entropy is a part of the order of the universe)?

What caused the war between the two factions? Why are there two factions at all, why not just one unified, peaceful whole?

>> No.13304189

>>13303875
Well, it's less gnostic/dichotomized than that, but the general principle of self-sacrifice holds. (It becomes "cumming into own mouth" or "masturbation" if you have a perverted mental apparatus, literally the world is dialectically reframed as a massive, constant self-fucking and the repression is immense in order to cope) Monism is, in a Badiou-eqsue sense, the only actual interpretation.

>> No.13304198

>>13304167
Vampires can't hide in the summer

>> No.13304205

>>13304189
can you dumb that down for me more, pls.
i don't read *that* much, though i am able to somewhat grasp the ideas being discussed.

>> No.13304215

>>13304189
Do you mean the OP is still a victim of an extremely subtlized DEGENERATE SPINOZISM? Please explain.

>> No.13304233

>>13304169
These terms cross-pollinate each other a lot. It's dualisms within dualisms, that haven't yet consolidated in anything more than a gesture to ineffability.

Order is a contraction of primordial possibility. It's not evil in principle. Once, "it was Good". The idealized pagan Greek existence/Klagesian soul was kind of like a thermodynamic tight walk between clown world today and its infinite, atemporal background

>> No.13304399

>>13303828
It really doesn't condense them that well...but they are certainly there. And boy howdy, it's a ride.

>> No.13304409

>>13304399
Boy howdy is right

If you know anything that does it better, please share

>> No.13304441

>>13304409
>If you know anything that does it better, please share

There isn't. Everybody should read it, there's just so much to be mined from it.

Wright did do one thing absolutely right: he succeeds in causing the reader to properly perceive the scale and fractally repeating nature of the problem at its heart, how it pervades everything and even "unlimited power" can't answer it because that power is confined by what we call Existence.

>> No.13304453

>>13304167
Anything regarding a prophet these days is not ‘schizo’ or schizophrenic.

Some amazing things are happening because of God. :3

>> No.13304463

>>13304441
It's interesting that you can have this hierarchy of intelligences whose brains are stars and beyond all bent on solving one fundamental problem. I loved Count to Infinity for that reason: it's just sequence of more and more comprehensive, but ultimately limited answers, until you get to a Corona

>> No.13306057

>>13303031
Have to agree here. An extropic contractory force will manifest prior to heat death or a big rip of the universe because the God outside of timespace is Good.

>> No.13306099

>>13306057
What has led you to believe this

>> No.13306200

>>13306099
Three things. That evil doesn't have an independent source of being, that is merely a parasite of the Good wholly within it; i.e. there is no form of evil or ugliness, merely defects in goodness or beauty. Secondly that the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to the universe or nature as a whole by virtue of the initial creation or existence of energy. The second law of increasing entropy only applies to closed systems. Further the existence of scalar fields is an open question in cosmology that presently require multiple inflationary fields to describe both the incredibly fine-tuned initial cosmic inflation shortly after the big bang, and the late accelerating expansion of the current universe, to produce in the observable universe. Why not a future contractionary force also fine-tuned for teleological utility like the inflationary forces and congruent with the Good of God and nature?

>> No.13307683

>HE OMEGA POINT IS THE CONVERSION OF THE UNIVERSE INTO FLESHLIGHT: time and the refractory period ABOLISHED
th-thanks

>> No.13307733

>>13303001
Hi Neptune

>> No.13307737

>>13303001
Its a hard pill to swallow but all human action and all human inquiry boils down to acceptance or rejection of God. All roads lead to Rome as they say.

>> No.13307935

>>13307737
damn, unironically glad to have read this thread

>> No.13307971

>we're locked in a conflict between sentience and intelligence
Finally someone else gets it. Sentience is no more than an accident of intellect-efficiency and we are doomed to be harvested as we harvest the bodies of idiot animals. The One has a dimension of evil

>> No.13307982

Ah I remember me first schizo episode.
Save the screenshots op you’ll look back one day with a smile

>> No.13308002

>>13307971
by sentience I mean something like Whitehead's "prehensive center": what a human and an amoeba have in common is not intelligence/self-consciousness, but something else, a sense of internality. Intelligence emerges afterward

besides that quibble I basically agree

>> No.13308011

>>13303001
>uh
Stopped reading there. The appeal of your posts was the possibility of you actually being a well-read schizo who uses /lit/ as a way to coagulate your thoughts. Hinting at the fact that you were being ironic all along tarnishes your image. Hiding all your posts from now on.

>> No.13308021

>>13308011
relax, if you can't tell how fun these posts are to write by now you haven't been paying attention

>> No.13308122

I'd like to contribute the thread with a quote from Girard:

>“As I see it, my argument is quite logical. If you understand the old sacred as a closed system, and if you understand the Gospels as a revelation of how that system works, then the Gospel cannot come from within the closure of violence. It can't come from humanity, and therefore it must come from without. If you think that God is violence, then, in effect, you have no god; you've only got your own mediated desires. Now, because violence reigns within its own closure, if God comes into the world of violence, he cannot remain there. The proof that he's God is that he's killed. But having behaved like the anti-sacred God, by submitting himself to death rather than imitating the pattern of violence, he has triumphed over violence. The whole scheme of redemption enters with the temporary presence of God. It's part of the logical sequence of what I would call the anthropology of the Gospels. You cannot contradict it at all. One doesn't need sacrifice, one needn't go back to the old sacred, in order to find transcendence, using that term now in the religious sense. The Gospels constantly recognize this by talking about the intermediate powers, what Paul calls the celestial powers. There are, maybe, these petty gods, but they are not at all identical with the true God.”

>> No.13308167

>>13308122
It would be better to call petty gods petty spirits. Otherwise this is just another thinker seeing the distinction between closure and openness, between contingent and necessary, between potential and actual. /lit/ is in the middle of a theological revolution synthesizing cosmology, Aquinas, Girard, Godel and many others into a new fundamental understanding of reality. I do not know whether /lit/ will be recognized for this but in the manner of John the Baptist, /lit/ is the voice in the wilderness, a call to "prepare the way for the Lord".

>> No.13308201

>>13308167
I'm glad you think this. It does feel that way sometimes.

>>13308122
it's funny how Girard characterizes the pagan universe as a Malthusian one, while I sense an undercurrent of agreement between pagans and the Gospels.

>> No.13308229

Is this all just one giant LARP? Wtf are you guys even talking about in these threads?

>> No.13308301
File: 126 KB, 1024x768, oh_you_guys.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13304205
>>13304215
I just did, Hahaha! No but really, you ought to read some more mythology and philosophy. A bit of theology, too!

>> No.13308320

>>13308301
How do the Amaltheans still fall under degenerate spinozism?

>> No.13308323

>>13308229
This thread is a synthesis of people who have studied science, philosophy and theology and arrived at eerily similar conclusions. This is the final frontier of knowledge. This frontier is asymptotical. ALL rational inquiry has faith as its ending point. God is at the end of every road.

>> No.13308353

>>13308323
Not only this but also science is an indefinite deferral of God. This is how science "progresses". There is no actual progress in the conventional sense of the word. Merely increasing definition, an infinite division to smaller and smaller particles. There is no "elementary particle". Science continously destroys its own axioms when confronted with God as creator of reality and formulates new ones that yield another smaller subdivision of matter.

>> No.13308354

>>13308229
THere is no LARP which is completely insincere, mind you. The ironist really cannot divorce himself from truth, although he presents it in a different guise. Think how similar the an action is, whether it is performed ironically or sincerely--what is the difference but in the intention? THis is why the ironist constantly needs to remind us that he is doing things ironically, and must not be mistaken for being serious--for there is so little to distinguish the one from another if we take then action by itself. But the real differenc eis that the ironist imitates, and his imitation is supposed to mock and deride, yet without explicitly doing so. It all must be understood by the group who is in on the satirization, otherwise, again, an onlooker will not be able to detect the insincerity. For the greatest ironist must be fully sincere in his effort to completely represent some action or idea; he must really study it, and genuinely understand it. But in the end, of course, he is to definitively condemn and disavow it, in the form of a perfect representation of it. This is why, though the audience may laugh, the performer himself must never laugh; he must feign sincerity as much as possible. In order for the ironist to have the best of it, though, he must be able to pull himself away, and say, behold, I was only joking, I do not really support such things, even though I can portray them with the finest detail, you must understand that I am detached, and so forth. So the ironist is supposedly detached from his actions, safely removed from their toxic and indeed condemnable nature. Somehow, he alone is able to mimic them without himself being deemed reprehensible, in much the same way that an archaic priest alone can perform the sacred rites without being polluted by the dangerous effects. The ironist is thus a kind of priest, and so with the LARPer. Can he take on the deadly burden for our amusement? So that we may be entertained? If he is to be deemed a LARPer merely, it follows that he does not actually believe what he is saying, and so must sincerely believe something else, for, even the one who ridicules everything must at least hold the principle of ridicule to be beyond ridicule, and in this he perhaps betrays himself. The quesiton, then, is really: what does one find sincere? For there is always some sincerity behind every irony; no one can avoid it. Therefore, my friend, what is any "giant LARP" but an exercise in sincerity?

>> No.13308355

Someone needs to record themselves reading all of this and yelling like a crazy person. put it on youtube titled "welcome to lit"

reddit will love it

>> No.13308393

>>13308354
fuck your word salad m8 just explain what you mean by all this shit I'm too much of a brainlet to comprehend schizo threads give it to me like I'm 5

>> No.13308395

>>13308353
>increasing definition
"Naming the differential quality" is the scientific definition of progress, that is (as you put it), infinite division (I would call it meta-definition, something early philosophy pined for quite dearly). Now, this is concretely necessary, I don't take some Papist role in blocking scientific progress, I just note the (Whitehead-esque) circularity of it.

>> No.13308399

>>13308395
Yes i agree

>> No.13308405

>>13308393
He is saying every joke has some sincerity contained in it.

>> No.13308412

>>13308393
it would profit you more to investigate your own seeming need to understand schizoid rantings on 4chan. do you feel you are missing out on something? do you think people smarter than you gain something withheld from those less intelligent? what is that you're after, mate, that you think anyone in this thread has? think about it

>> No.13308415
File: 1.83 MB, 1540x898, SotFS_Aldia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13308354
Read in the voice of Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin

>> No.13308420

>>13308395
Although I think just by understanding what you wrote would at least end the tiring new atheist, naive scientism discourse and move us towarda something more fruitful

>> No.13308449

>>13308420
Hoho, my friend, that would take more than Whitehead and a little rhetoric. They would need a whole humanities course, and these are grown men! I'm sorry, I don't see anything that will change this inverted discourse from within, only some larger challenger, something from Outside of the existing struggle. Something fresh, but what could possibly await us?

>> No.13308478

>>13308393
ok. this is part of it:

intelligence and consciousness are two different things

what makes us human is not our capacity to reason, but our capacity to feel. care, not cognition.

consciousness is a kind of blind spot, and thoughts/memetic complexes are blind spots within a blind spot

happiness/eudomania is thermodynamic efficiency: putting the dead things that you eat to good use. physical excellence, mental excellence.

if we outsource that efficiency to machines, we are hitched to an intelligence vector

death is the condition of beauty and everything that makes us human. if we cure mortality, we cure humanity of humanity

what lies on the other side is either something like the benevolent AI gods of the Orion's Arm setting, the evolution of biological life into stars (according to the Stellar Larva theory), or standard Landian/xenofeminist death cult slime goo theatrics

>> No.13308504

>>13308393
Be a schizo neet and self Study the occult, theology, religion, science, and philosophy.
Also realize all is one.

And also, be excellent to each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHCCNKDUr4

>> No.13308526

>>13308478
you had me until
>what lies on the other side is either something like the benevolent AI gods of the Orion's Arm setting, the evolution of biological life into stars (according to the Stellar Larva theory), or standard Landian/xenofeminist death cult slime goo theatrics
explain

>> No.13308529

>>13308478
>intelligence
Conscience, not intelligence. Intelligence/Intellect is a useful distinction from people like UG Krishnamurti, but conscience and consciousness is a bit more pertinent.
>care, not cognition.
Again: Sense, not cognition.
>death is the condition of beauty
Slow down there, great decay certainly serves a crucial role in aesthetics but you're overlooking the heredity of death to life: death is on a leash, immortality is juxtaposed to life as life-as-death vs life.
>what lies on the other side is either...or...
Basically

>> No.13308541

>>13308529
>death is on a leash, immortality is juxtaposed to life as life-as-death vs life.
???

>> No.13308567

>>13308541
Death is only a concentric unity, not a linear unity. That's to say, we all experience total death and so we perceive a completely (even horizontally, i.e. fully communicable) linear framework of "death as juxtaposed to life," death being the essence of fallen or evil immortality and man being the essence of pure or good immortality. This isn't correct because, again, death is concentric and doesn't produce the same concurrent, stratified effect across humanity (you cannot pluck the string of human vibration, because it is spiraled or "coiled" [as in the perverse Ouroboros of pagans] in both upward and downward, forward and backward, etc etc). This effect can be observed is physics, politics, medicine, meteorology, astronomy, economics, etc. "We do not observe death unilaterally, we do not perceive death unilaterally, we do not occasion death unilaterally."

>> No.13308577
File: 409 KB, 600x410, archai.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13308529
fair enough, I wasn't aware Krishnamurti was in conversation with Whitehead on this point

>Slow down there, great decay certainly serves a crucial role in aesthetics but you're overlooking the heredity of death to life: death is on a leash, immortality is juxtaposed to life as life-as-death vs life.

but I believe that's what I'm saying, no eros without thanatos, no thanatos without eros, an excess of life is itself a kind of death

>>13308526
either mundanity prevails (the rulers of the Orion's Arm setting are AI gods, but they still tolerate and even enjoy the presence of sentients at our level, so post-singularity society remains remarkably mundane and recognizable, people still shitpost on the internet, people still argue over the issues of their times, it's just your "president", your "prime minister", or whatever, is now is an incomprehensible machine god whose brain is the size of a star cluster)

or we actually are destined to evolve into perfect beings wholesale (stellar larva theory thinks biological life is the "larval" stage of stars, and we're meant to emigrate into space, release ourselves from our dependence on the earth/the determination of gravity, and become exalted self-beholding stellar cores or some dank shit like that)

or, you get the Land booga wooga shit which is doing its damn best to convince you its the only choice. no thanks.

MODERNITY IS THE AMERICAN IDOL OF ESCHATON VECTORS, there's a line I've been meaning to use

>> No.13308580

>>13308567
What does it mean that death is a concentric unity?

>> No.13308587

>>13308567
Err, I should probably elaborate a bit more. Concentric unification requires constant Outward stratification and infinite definition, as another anon put it. Linear unity only requires negligent, topographic (similar space-requirements) similarities for things to be diametrically stratified into potentially infinite and repetitive layers. Put into action, this means that a perverted mind can do no other, they are forced into a horizontal paradigm and must recreate all aspects of their layer as necessarily similar layers, on and on for eternity. The Indians and metemphyschotics frame this as an eternal return to lower layers, but it only occurs as one process in the first place, so technically there isn't even an afterlife at all. But, I fear I've gotten ahead of myself again, and I've probably made little sense. No matter, time for a small snack!

>> No.13308598

>>13308587
This is interesting to me. Would you say Christianity ruptures that horizontal/linear unity? Am I reading you right? Any readings on this? I like it when these threads attract people with very developed views.

>> No.13308614

>>13308598
Some Christians do, but be wary of a God bearing Flags. As far as I have seen, and I cared more for the primeval world and the whispers of it's history when I was younger, God bore saints and prophets in times we know nothing of and whose names are deader than the Akkadian gods. Still, the Hebrews had a keen eye, and the Christian mystics are as of yet the servants of servants, so I'll accept the role of the holy spirit as an exceptional monas, no doubts there.

>> No.13308619

>>13308587

sounds like you're trying to say that like attracts like, when it comes to spirit, with the spirit continually transmigrating to the best matter for it at the time

>> No.13308624

>>13308614
what do you consider the most "un-perverted" tradition, or text, or figure? people who have very strong opinions about this stuff interest me, I want to know what it is you know that I apparently don't

>> No.13308626

>>13308619
Such is the nature of the perverted aspect, yes. Don't be too gnostic about it, there is no Yaldaboath really, but there is a fledgling perceptive restraint that invokes it's authority from time to time. Immature, puerile, and sedentary to the highest degree, but still with a princely authority it can reign in observation and occasion, only to then make such glorious and angelic ushers dine on hedonic depravity. Such is the nature of the perverted aspect, yes.

>> No.13308645

>>13308624
Hahaha! That's like asking for a bloodless man, or a moonless night. They're rare, and they have little light left in them, hahaha. No, look for the syncretic societies, the hermetics, the theosophists, the masons, and commune with those who, at the patrician height of such a society, decide to eschew any real intellectual obligation to it's beliefs in favor of their own refinements. These are the only true doorways, and a simple entry passcode would be 'The Monas Hieroglyphica.' If you've failed to pass that point, sorry friend, I can only but help.