[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 212 KB, 1200x1200, bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13285881 No.13285881 [Reply] [Original]

The Bible is literally the most interesting book that you can put your hands on.

>inb4: muh christcuck

It has nothing to do with being a christian or not, pleb. The bible is so fucking entertaining that you could read it till the day you die and still find it amazing.
The bible is not a simple book, it is intricate, complicated and often confusing. You can't just read page after page like you do with other books. Read it seriously, pay attention to details and whenever you find an obscure passage or something that you don't quite understand, research about it. You will be amazed how often this happens.
If you do it properly you will end up reading not only the bible, but a shit ton of things that you need to know to actually understand the meaning of what you are reading.
To read the bible front to back and actually understand it, to understand the obscure references, the historical events implied, the word play etc... must be the most enjoyable experience literature can give you.
There is also so much room for theory crafting, there are many forums dedicated exclusively to debating the actual meaning of certain passages.
There's also practical philosophy advices that the regular anon can apply to his life, trust me it's a hell of a book, 10/10.

>> No.13285900
File: 879 KB, 800x800, descarted.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13285881
>"i really like literature"
>haven't read the bible
pic related
>"i really like history"
>haven't read the bible
pic related
>"i really like philosophy"
>haven't read the bible
pic related