[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 62 KB, 628x628, tw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13251690 No.13251690 [Reply] [Original]

(Me replying to someone’s Facebook post regarding writing, on 06/05/19)

“Upon awakening, I saw you had accepted the request, and then on first morning peek at the feed, your posts mentioning writing. I felt a weird sting of mixed emotions. On the one hand, I always love to see that someone is following such a rarefied calling, and are actually working towards making it happen. On the other, I face my own daily terror at needing to write myself, which I have been, for months, but always in fear of not having interesting, worthwhile enough for someone material).

I then began taking care of the first morning things (for the crack of noon is frequently morning for me) before getting further time to actually relax with some computer. After knocking the biggies out and also enjoying a surprise few moments of my son having time for me to show him a video of a clinical psychologist being interviewed by a former addict about replacing alcohol and drugs with esteemable goals and accomplishments, which he watched with legitimately great interest and attention, I stepped out into the back yard and wrote the following in my mind:

‘It's raining in that way where you can feel it all over your skin at all times, yet not so much that you can't still operate a cigarette without it being ruined. Yesterday, I spoke at the funeral of my very first friend in life. In his later years, not too awful long before being found dead in his garage 'apartment' from, most overtly, diabetic (Type I since age 4) complications after 44 trips flying on this ball around the giant ball of fire, 93 million miles away, he wrote a book that has become, for me, the single greatest act of rawly courageous and honest expressional art.’

In that book, by the way, he actually says that he loves run on sentences! Anyway, as I stood there experiencing and working on that out there in the yard, I thought of your posts here and felt such a deeply fulfilling moment of inspiration as it all flashed together. I felt that resonance knowing that you, too, and all who do this, need those inspirations to fuel us or we feel as if we are nothing, because of what use is a writer who has nothing to say? So whenever they do come upon us, the levels of personal fulfillment help create among the deepest levels of relief that a human can enjoy, which is quite the gift to participate in the giving or receiving of.”

(End copy of Facebook reply)

>> No.13251889

>>13251690
>faceberg
Good goy

>> No.13251968

>>13251889
Indeed, I heard my passed friend's brother was looking to get in touch over the funeral, so I re-enabled it for all of the whole "his death" related activity. I am glad that I did, it has proven very fruitful. I wrote an entire chapter, with that being merely the beginning (of the chapter, not the entire book).

>> No.13252098

BTW, I wonder what happens to Create Space account print on demand Amazon books after a while of the account owner never logging in again? It would be pumping any profits into a ghost account now, but I'm just wondering if the book will just remain available in perpetuam. It would be a shame for it to simply vanish, other than the however many used copies that are out there. No one has access to his digital files anymore either, outside of the Kindle edition he put out there for $0.

>> No.13252226

The holy month of Ramadan had elapsed three days ago. I did not fast a day.
In Ramadan there's a sickening nostalgia hovering over me every afternoon when I enter my room, nap, wake up, then drink some water in obsessive secrecy so that my mother wouldn't guilt me with her tears "are you one of those secular infidels?" She asks, as I think of how I've grown into something much more malignant, fed with hatred and boredom.
There is not much to hope for here, in this forsaken cesspool infested with a mediaeval totalitarianism; you can't really afford to bullshit yourself with any kind of optimism, I used to find death appealing, then affiliated with hedonism for a while, now it's something somehow worse which I can't yet define.

>> No.13252293

>>13252226
Pretty powerful stuff, mane. Much appreciated.

>> No.13252365
File: 15 KB, 320x290, 1511943308686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13251690
her sweet silver tongue
her hot breath inside my lung
my shelter from the storm
when i'm cold she keeps me warm
everything will be alright
if i can taste her little light
i'll burn her down all through the night
my best friend,
bring me to my end