[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 17 KB, 293x355, sharperImage_e-reader.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1322414 No.1322414 [Reply] [Original]

Do anyone have any info on the "Literti"? It's the sharper image e-book.
I am mainly curious if you can put PDFs on it.

>> No.1322422

bump

>> No.1322432
File: 10 KB, 445x431, 1277360887019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Through the use of internet magic, using a highly secretive website called "google", I entered in these words "sharper image literati pdf". To my surprise, the very first result returned was this website.

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/literati-review.html

Which had this to say on PDF's and the device.

"For PDF files there are different viewing options than with EPUB and TXT ebooks. PDFs don't have adjustable text sizes, instead there are 6 different levels of zoom, from 100% to 200% in increments of 25, with a full page option as well.

Once zoomed in, you use the navigation wheel to pan around the page. There's also an option to view the PDF in landscape mode. There is no reflow mode or hyperlink support.

The same as with ebooks, there is a table of contents, options to jump between the next and previous chapters, and a dictionary to type in words to be looked-up.

Overall, PDF support isn't anything to write home about, but it is better than I expected it to be. The device seems to naturally cut away large margins so the text fits to the edges. In default whole page view, the text is generally more legible than with 6-inch ereaders like the Kindle 3 and Sony PRS-650."

PS: Do not tell anyone about my use of internet magic or of the site "google".

>> No.1322444

>>1322432
Hey don't tell anybody about our secret club.

>> No.1323015

I lol'ed