[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 16 KB, 314x387, Wilhelm_Reich_in_his_mid-twenties.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13222429 No.13222429 [Reply] [Original]

What's the opinion here about this madman?
I recently bought The Mass Psychology of Fascism. I haven't read it, but I think it's something about how incels cause fascism.
But did you guys know this guy said he found a new type of energy? He called it orgone, and even bothered Einstein about it.
He also created a device that apparently could make it rain.
Anyway, should I first tackle Freud before I tackle this guy?

>> No.13222471

>What's the opinion here about this madman?
>I recently bought The Mass Psychology of Fascism. I haven't read it,

The quintessential /lit/ thread.. at long last, /lit/ distilled to its innermost essence...

Reich is cool and worth reading but the instant I hear a leftist friend align themselves with Reich I wonder if they've been taken over by Colin Wilson's Mind Parasites

>> No.13222489

>>13222429
like deleuze, his critique of arboreal systems is outdated, these systems have already co-opted these thinkers' (feminine) ontologies of flow, I don't think these criticisms are just that relevant anymore, they were victorious, but perhaps not in the way they anticipated. they underestimated the machine's adaptability

>> No.13222493

>>13222489
>these systems have already co-opted these thinkers' (feminine) ontologies of flow,

Can you recommend things to read on this note

Not just such ontologies I mean, but critiques of how those ontologies are a) feminine and b) have been coopted

>> No.13222494
File: 92 KB, 300x300, Hounds_of_love.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cloudbusting, the single of Kate Bush, is about Wilhelm Reich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw

>> No.13222515

>>13222493
>Not just such ontologies I mean, but critiques of how those ontologies are a) feminine and b) have been coopted

feminine because they're de-centralized, rhizomatic systems whose attractors are distributed indiscriminately and not at the top of the pyramid

If you want the ultimate confirmation that these ontologies have become another tool of the system they were meant to subvert, read Gender Acceleration on Vast Abrupt. It's pure evil. The primordial orgone ocean is replaced with an intransigent darkness, a chaotic void that made the universe only to eat it, etc. etc. It's diabolical.

>> No.13222525
File: 27 KB, 160x221, WilhelmReichcloudbuster2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

He was a pervert and confirmed con man that deserved to get gassed

>> No.13222526

>>13222515
I agree with you definitely, but I am wondering if your thinking is informed by anything that I can use as a touchstone and recommend to others.

Are you familiar with the debate between Schmitt and Blumenberg? It implicitly conerns "monotheistic"/hierarchical vs. "polytheistic"/distributed conceptions of alterity (and thus Entäußerung).