[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 66 KB, 1271x640, E46u2bK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13135679 No.13135679[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Your consciousness ceases. But when that occurs, so does your ability to observe the passage of time. It would seem reasonable to assume that there is a specific probability that you exist today and the laws defining that probability don't change just because you died. Therefore, after you die, there is an equally defined probability that the right circumstances will lead to your conscious existence again at some point in the future. And hence, since with your death you are unable to perceive the passage of time, an near infinite amount of probabilities will occur instantly relative to your consciousness. Thus, the most feasible scenario on death is that, relative to your perspective, you will instantly be reborn as some other being as soon as your ability to perceive time has halted.

>> No.13135681

>>13135679
Good luck with that.

>> No.13135682

>>13135679
>there is an equally defined probability that the right circumstances will lead to your conscious existence again at some point in the future.
you're assuming a lot about how the universe works there

>> No.13135690

the universe was created when i was born and the universe will die when i die. everything is here for my experience and my experience only.

>> No.13135737
File: 46 KB, 542x535, d74.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13135679
this is some spooked as shit reconsider please. I really want you to think why would you think this. Time is only a thing of our understanding so is Space which co-exist with time. If we lose the ability to perceive time and space which is given to us a priori we will not be able to perceive at all for we would have no sensibilities to support that. Animals only think through UNDERSTANDING which is not REASON. Also time being gone would not make a infinite possibilities possible, at all. Time is the change of objects in Space and a change takes place between the object becoming one thing to the next. Dying would not grant reincarnation, reincarnation is a thing that was born through societies to cope with self-centered outlooks. I want you to really think if you ever alone without a society around you, on your lonesome would ever think of a thing such as reincarnation;be honest, would you really think of such a silly thing as that?

>> No.13135770

>>13135679
It's not even possible to regain sentience after you fall asleep. There's just some other admittedly similar guy in your body with some of your past experiences encoded in his brain.

>> No.13135784

>>13135770
DELET

>> No.13135795

>>13135770
it's not even possible to regain sentience after this moment ends, there is just some admittedly similar guy in your body with an illusion of continuity from the moment preceding encoded in his brain

>> No.13135803

>>13135795
sometimes I think, HOLY FUCK IM ME RIGHT NOW

i like that feeling even though it kind of trips me out

hehe reddit spacing

>> No.13135805
File: 15 KB, 150x387, 150px-Stirner02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13135737
Also,to add to what I said. The fact that animals do-not possess Reason would mean us, as humans would lose the ability to perceive Reason, where would this reason go? We just lose Reason, adapt fully to understand or even be affected as inorganic being following the laws of causality? I mean plants are beings too. But this is not the case to argue that are ability to perceive is a shape-shifting, morphing quality is simply ridiculous. This would mean we would be reborn as another human, and if this were so, all of us were born again. Googo gaga babies again with a developing brain, when we are developing are perception to come in accordance to our sensibilities and time and space given to us a priori? We lose those abilities again? I dont think so