Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 46 KB, 600x450, marshall-bell-as-coach-schneider.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13122923 No.13122923 [Reply] [Original]

Why is homo-erotic sexual tension a more powerful literary device compared to heterosexual tension?

>> No.13122931

because homos are creepy rapists with fantasies that revolve around "converting" normal people using drugs and blackmail since their fellow molestation victims arent very fun to abuse.

>> No.13122932

>>13122923
Is it really? It's not the 90s anymore, OP.

>> No.13122938

>>13122923
question for gayfags: do your homo feelings for other guys get confused with the normal male feeling of wanting to dominate and attack other men?

>> No.13122943

>>13122923

Masculinity and things associated with it are generally homoerotic. Warfare is an easy example, a bunch of sweaty muscled men running around in the woods and camping together with big pointy spears - for a writer the symbolism is unavoidable.

Furthermore, fucking other men has been socially acceptable for much of Western history, so long as you're giving and not receiving (and even then it can depend).

Homoeroticism is at the core of all great epics

>> No.13122944
File: 91 KB, 979x920, 1525011489045.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13122944

>>13122923
because you're a faggot. sage.

>> No.13122968

ok everyone post their favorite boyfriends

>> No.13122976
File: 102 KB, 1000x563, 5092-242321200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13122976

>>13122968
Aru Akise from Mirai Nikki

>> No.13122987

>>13122938
depends on the person, tops and power bottoms usually get them confused as their role in sex is inherently dominant, bottoms can usually separate these urges.

>> No.13122988

>>13122943
I am just now realizing the vast, all-reaching homosexual undertones ocurring throughout all of human society and history.

>> No.13122997

>>13122943
I always had an issue with this. Warfare and masculine things aren't homoerotic. Faggots are just turned on by them. I know it sounds the same but it has different implications, sounds almost as if those activities are sexual in nature and we just aren't turned on by them because we are straight. But for me it's the other way around.
An analogy that comes to mind is this: I wouldn't call feet erotic or whatever because footfags exists

>> No.13123008

>>13122997

Then why were those soldiers almost certainly fucking other men throughout western history?

isn't that kinda gay?

>> No.13123009

>>13122923
shock value

>> No.13123012

>>13122997
I agree mostly with this, when I played sports there was never even the slightest feeling of romantic or sexual atmosphere in the changing room or wherever, but it's always presented as the meme of le gay jocks.

Idk about warfare to be fair.

>> No.13123015

>>13122931
am gay, can confirm

>> No.13123029
File: 153 KB, 1000x1016, __akutsu_mabu_azuma_sara_and_niiboshi_reo_sarazanmai_drawn_by_saitomisaki__3ef8d6b03ff93d9f9da807fb1b8034d5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123029

>>13122923
Homo Love is the only real love that exist

>> No.13123035
File: 159 KB, 300x300, Kaworu Nagisa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123035

>>13122968
...I know, I know. There can still be only one.

>> No.13123236

>>13122943
Only if you run with the axiom that all intermale behaviour is innately homosexual. Which just exposes your desires more than anything.

>> No.13123277

cuz butthurt is worser than vaghurt alledgedly

>> No.13123281

>>13123012
I can speak to modern soldiering and I'll tell you right now, soldiers are fucking gross. But aside from that, you think of them as your brothers, there's no sexual tension whatsoever. You do gay shit, but it's just a culture of outrage and is meaningless except in the context of being funny.
>>13123008
Probably because campaigns lasted much longer back in the day, or at least there were much longer periods of time where there was no access to women. We also all had a metric ton of porn.

>> No.13123308
File: 31 KB, 303x450, DA79914B-B2BD-4068-A22D-39AD93F6FD69.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123308

>>13122923
It’s the novelty and taboo that piques people’s interests

>>13122932
It’s been a reoccurring theme since forever

>>13123277
Shakespeare’s Twelfths Night and As You Like It are still pretty popular

>> No.13123326

>>13123308
>reoccurring
recurring
>Twelfths
Twelfth

>> No.13123345

>>13123326
Yes, I see
If I could correct posts I would

>> No.13123419
File: 343 KB, 1000x709, 1555788981198.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123419

>>13122931
>rape fantasies
im more into wholesome monogamy desu.

>> No.13123421

>>13122931
I'm gay and I do this all the time.

>> No.13123427
File: 164 KB, 407x626, proxy.duckduckgo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123427

>>13122968
NieR broke me emotionally.

>> No.13123431

>>13122938
I suppose I have a healthy amount of violent macho ideations. The world is a terrible place and even more so for someone like me. I couldn't understand living free of that sort of vigilance.

But I don't confuse who I want to fuck with who I want to beat up, if that's what you're saying.

>> No.13123436

>>13122931
James Charles?

>> No.13123444
File: 369 KB, 854x471, G6TywfW.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123444

>>13123427
>automata
>not papa nier

>> No.13123506

>>13122923
I’m not sure I agree with you, but if so then it would be because heterosexual tension is the norm.

>> No.13123828

>>13122968
queequeg

>> No.13123875

>>13122923
It isn't, it's just that you are fucking gay.

>> No.13123910
File: 20 KB, 400x400, mgNkbaKL_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13123910

>>13122968

>> No.13123913

>>13123875
You sound insecure anon, are you sure you're not compensating for something?

>> No.13123915

>>13122923
cause it doesn't require you to empathize with women

>> No.13123929

>>13122923
Only for dripping libbards with a white guilt complex, becuase it is so "brave and edgy"

>> No.13123972

>>13123828
Alright let’s settle this, did they bang or not?

>> No.13124002

>>13123875
>>13123929
>two women kissing, damn, now THAT is what I call HOT! AWOOGA AWOOGA!
>EWWW I JUST SAW TWO GUYS PLATONICALLY HUG EACH OTHER EW YUCKY THE LIBURALZ ARE DESTROEYING SOSCIETY AHHHH!! I NEED A BIG STRONG MAN TO HELP ME AFTER I WITNESSED SUCH A TRAUMATIC EVENT!

>> No.13124133

>>13124002
Stay on topic strawman, two women kissing is used for titilation, not sexual tension, which is what op brought up

>> No.13124168

>>13124133
>Stay on topic
Yes, because a white guilt complex totally has everything to do with sexuality. There goes your intellectual integrity.

>> No.13124173
File: 166 KB, 1200x675, 05A61A87-BF9A-4C04-8C91-8BBA6B871A23.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13124173

>>13124168
I think this conversation is a few levels above your pay grade

>> No.13124179

This thread is making me horny....

>> No.13124181

>>13124173
I love how you make a baseless claim that you are unable to back up, so you make a second baseless claim that you also are unable to back up. Keep going, buddy. It's actually quite entertaining.

>> No.13124183
File: 2.94 MB, 624x360, Les Amitiés Particulières 1964 train scene.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13124183

>> No.13124184
File: 128 KB, 1000x886, Mercurius_reinhard_idols.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13124184

>>13122968
I never thought I'd see a galge where the boys are sexier than the girls.

>> No.13124187
File: 1.84 MB, 480x360, Un Chant d'Amour Jean Genet 1950.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13124187

>> No.13124190

>>13123308
>Its the novelty and taboo
>mah novelty
Retarded argument desu

>> No.13124192
File: 1.88 MB, 468x360, Kenneth Anger Fireworks 1947.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13124192

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action