[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 590 KB, 800x1091, Stanislaw_Lem.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.13072 [Reply] [Original]

Lem is one of the best fiction writers ever, prove me wrong.

>> No.13157

>>13072
The greatest fiction ever written is your 1RM.

>> No.13483

Solaris is pretty breathtaking, I agree.

>> No.13835

Great ideas, one of my favorite SF writers, but you have to agree that his writing is pretty mediocre and bland, he's very much an ideas' writer.

Anyway, his nonfiction is worth checking out, very predictive and clear sighted. One of the first to write about how perfect virtual reality is a threat to our concept of reality, in the 60s.

Also funny that Philip K Dick in his more paranoid times wrote a letter to the FBI asserting that Lem wasn't actually a person but a Soviet committee designed to spread communist propaganda in the west via publishing SF.

>> No.14002
File: 215 KB, 1200x649, symmetriade_by_alexandreev-dajvv0y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>13835
The spreading communist propaganda point always makes me laugh. You can find hidden messages in his novels, like Eden, against it.

>> No.14300

>>14002
He outright hated commies and told about it numerously (I remember one Iion Tichy story about a dragon)