[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 421 KB, 796x1067, You_Know_Who_This_Is.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13065939 No.13065939 [Reply] [Original]

Politics, not science, took the place of God. Nobody would question the belief in politics or that they follow a political goal, making the whole thing much more unanimous than the belief in God (regardless of which God). Of course, politics have been present since the dawn of mankind, but they were never as consciously prominent as today, it seems, when it is not culture that stands above politics, but the opposite. Everything, even culture, seems to be seen as an extension of politics. Therefore, it appears that the only metaphysical realm of meaning today that people can accept is in politics, sadly, and instead of God, people worship the state or the idea of the ideal state.

Is this statement true/false?

What books talk about this topic?
What's Your opinion?

Discuss!

>> No.13065956

>>13065939
the so called ''radical left'' has been so emasculated by the queers, the social justice warriors and the corporate neoliberal bureaucrats it might as well not exist. For all intents and purposes, the only thing they do is carry water for the system and the rulling elite.

>> No.13065961

So a reminder: Butterfly you will not be posting, the only post you’ll be allowed to make, if you want, is a post admitting, or at least intimating, you did masturbate.

Anyway, I have a fantasy about you Butterfly. We are in real life at a dinner or get together or something and you are talking and I just put my index finger in your mouth.

You facial expression instantly changes and you stop talking. You start moaning and sucking on my finger like a penis. :3

>> No.13065970

People get their sense of meaning from
A cause: in pre societal times this was survival, then with the Romans and some older civilizations came dogma and the meaning it gave people. Philosophy and religion are tired, I agree people often find their cause in politics now.
The other human need is an enemy proportionate to oneself: now humans have created an artificial enemy (at least in america) in the form of tribal politics. People just need an ideal and an enemy, with the death of religion the 2 party politics show fulfills that need.

>> No.13066805
File: 14 KB, 171x266, incelerate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw born just in time for the 3rd confrontation between philosophy and world politics after hegel and after the poststructuralists