[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 141 KB, 400x400, oUVPjZYNofkhniuvcFTKBoZno1_400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1301318 No.1301318 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/,
for you scholarly types still in college, do you ever see anyone in class (perhaps an English class) using an ipod touch/iphone to read something from class (novel, article, whatever)? Does it make you rage?
Do you give them the evil eye?

>> No.1301332

You're kidding right?

>> No.1301339

What's wrong with doing that? I'd rather people read books from their iPhone than pull out a physical copy of one of Nietzsche's works and pore through it in a desperate ploy to appear profound and intellectual.

>> No.1301342

>>1301318

Why would you be mad at all? They got a book on a mobile device, so what.

Personally, I got some books on there too, a bunch of reference material is even free in their store so why not use it for reading books and such?

>> No.1301346

>>1301318

Hey /g/, someone used an Apple product and it makes me mad.

>> No.1301349

A friend of mine did this instead of lug around a copy of Bleak House for a month. It was great when she would read out a passage, the professor would ask her what page it was on, and she would sheepishly answer something in the 6,000 range.

iPhones are tiny.

>> No.1302117
File: 97 KB, 632x994, bn-nook-ereader.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In all of my classes the use of ipods and phones are prohibited, even though we are in college. The only time I ever raged over someone doing anything like that though was when this rich douche pulled out his seven hundred dollar ipad in the middle of fucking class and started reading his textbook on it. It wasn't the fact that he was reading it on his ipad though, more the mere fact that I despise apple and anybody douchey enough to bring expensive things to class just to show them off.

I have a nook though and I will use it to read textbooks during class rather than waste hundreds of dollars actually buying the physical book. I probably wouldn't use my ipod touch or my phone though, just because they are too small and hurt my eyes a little.

I truly despise people who believe they are better than others just because they are reading physical books rather than e-books. Especially if they are for a class where books can be very expensive and you're already wasting a ton of money paying for the actual class. If you have the money to pay full price for books and want to carry them around with you everywhere be my guest, but I'll stick with my nook in the meantime.