[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 244 KB, 721x489, 1430982368823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12986314 No.12986314 [Reply] [Original]

Submissions general I guess.

Where do I submit a short story? It's literary fiction and it's actually pretty good (I think). Where do I send it? I am probably going to send it to the New Yorker because that's the meme, but since it wont get accepted, any other suggestions would be worthwhile. I am not going to post the story for obvious reasons, but because I know the way this board works, I am including the opening of another story I am working on, you can critique me through this:

>Murry Hall wrote his will in the spring of ‘63 with a shaking hand and a fever of one hundred and two degrees, and when he went his way there was more than one among us who argued that it was a document ill-signed as he was not, as the solicitor put it, of sound body and mind; but the Judge put his gavel down on it and for whatever anyone may have still been thinking every one of them held their peace. The law is what the law says it is, besides, if a dead man’s wishes mean nothing then the things that mean something don’t mean much all.
>So it was that not forty-eight hours later the car pulled into town blacker than the hearse that came for Hall himself. The artist calls himself René Carret, and though he claims to have been fast friends with the dead man no one could say to have seen him visit him living let alone at his funeral passed. The slight man spoke to no one but the contractors he had hired at great expense to raise a fat white tent in the center of the town square (of which the will stipulated be paid for at an exorbitant rate) and inside that tent he slipped each day and out each night for two weeks, and for all the ungodly noises which that tent emitted we remained quiet.

>> No.12986717
File: 570 KB, 2032x1546, 1527720711292.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bumping with Kafka