[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 37 KB, 193x266, 235.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12977111 No.12977111 [Reply] [Original]

Remember when pinecone visited /lit/? what am I saying of course you dont. You new fags could never imagine a state of the board when people actually talked about literature instead of 90 billion threads with awful tasteless threads about Neet zee. Or
>Reccomend me a book thatll get me laid
> What are some books about finding my inner epicurean stoic prostate g spot?
>What are some """"""books""""""about this loaded controversial pic related
>CHAD
Things just went so horribly wrong and I cant tell where.

>> No.12977119

yep, this board was trash. I don't understand how trash can turn into even worse trash in the span of a few months.

>> No.12977155

>>12977119
Yes but now we're infested with about a thousand refugees from /x/ wanting to know what philosophy will allow them to transcend their inceldom to live like the blonde beast or some bs like that. I missed when it was about art more than philosophy.

>> No.12977240
File: 111 KB, 518x352, Karlheinz Stockhausen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It was never actually Pynchon, but some other writer (a poor one, sadly.)

>> No.12977266

>ZIZEK KILLED PETERSON DUUUUUUUDE

I fucking hate nu/lit/

>> No.12977268

>>12977111
How do you know that was pynch?

>> No.12977270

yes things were such better before now everything is garbage everyone says bullshit hahaha I am so an oldfag look I'm here since 2009 you guys are here since 2010 newfags haha I bet you've never seen when /lit/ was good cause anyway you're here only since 2010 and me since 2009 hahaha newfags are so retarded they talk about philosophy and not about art hahaha retards hahaha I bet they've never made any interesting thread like """""""""""""" Hahaha I feel so superior because I've been longer on this forum than you and now I'll make a thread about how superior I am and how things got bad because I am superior and tell everyone this forum was better before hahaha I'm so smart and superior

>> No.12977289

>>12977111
>reccomend

>> No.12977294

>>12977266
Then do something about it. Read a book post a thread, post in good active threads. I have to believe there are more of us out there.
>>12977268
>>12977240
This is beyond irrelevant. It doesnt actually matter who it was, that whole thread is a level of based that this board can never achieve in its current state.

>>12977270
>This but unironically

>> No.12977312
File: 38 KB, 640x480, 1393640763329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12977111
>>12977270
the worst thing is that it's always too late to save the quality of discussion by the time meta threads like these start appearing

>> No.12977313

>>12977111
no but I remember the dozen or so times I've seen people reminiscing on this great high point of their ‘lifes’

>> No.12977395

>>12977312
>So I'm going to talk about it
Or maybe just filter them?
>>12977294
>>12977111
>Based
This right now is probably the worst thread on this board. It is even more cringe than the 90 billion other threads he's referring to.
And it still passed my filter... Which word should I ban?

>> No.12977412

4chan has homogenized a lot in the last couple of years. Every board seems to have the same culture, the same memes and the same sorts of opening posts. Even /lit/ feels something like /v/ nowadays.

>> No.12977434

>>12977412
Too much user dilution and migration.

>> No.12977472

At the end of the pictured lined corridor was Thomas Pynchon’s room, and beneath the floor, crude black smoke was flowing out. A rumbling started to shake the house.
“What the hell’s he hiding in there?”
“I don’t know Tao, but from the feel of things it’s gonna be a lot harder to eliminate his map the longer we wait here.
With that David took a step forward. As he put his foot down, a vicious throwing star feel out of a picture’s mouth, skimming the glass of David’s glasses.
“Dammit!”
Looking down at the floor where David Foster Wallace’s foot had rested, Tao Lin saw a sea of tiles, each one with a piece of fruit drawn on in steady, identical hand.
“You steeped on an apple.”
“Apple, apple- Of course!” cried DFW and he leapt forward, hopping from one leg to another.
“The bananas Tao, only steep on the bananas!” he shouted over his shoulder, getting ever closer to Pynchon’s door. A red glow flickered underneath now, and the closer they got the louder the noise became, and when Tao Lin joined DFW by the entrance to Pynchon’s inner abode, it was an ear-filling roar.
“Lets do this.”
Bursting through the door, Tao Lin and David were confronted by the giant metal arrow of a V2 rocket sticking jutting up through the floor. Settled in a leather armchair bolted floor level, was Thomas Pynchon, his head hidden behind a darkly tinted goldfish bowl, a chilling grin drawn on in crimson pen.
“I’d love to stay and chat with the only authors who’ve ever made it this far, but as you can see, I have a flight to catch.”
Laughing manically, the V2 started to slowly ascend, stabbing through the room’s high ceiling like it was made of paper.
“Goodbye David, Mr Tao!” cried Pynchon as he left them behind in a storm of black exhaust.
Coughing and shielding their faces from the searing heat, David Foster Wallace and Tao Lin could only stand helplessly as their enemy made his escape.
“After all this, we couldn’t even lay a finger on the guy!” cursed Tao Lin, bringing his fists to his face in rage.
“It’s not over yet Tao.”
David Foster Wallace ran to the window and ripped it open. He reached down to his belt and pulled up a gleaming black pistol.
“Give up David, there’s no way you can hit him now.”
“I hit service lines smaller then this back in Indy.” David replied, squinting up at the rocket’s thruster-lit outline. Sweat soaked his bandana. He steadied his hands and fired.
Tao Lin and David stood in silence for a moment, holding their breaths, and in the next instant the dazzling orange explosion of Pynchon’s rocket lit up the night. Splitting into pieces it fell to land sizzling in the ocean below.
“Write in hell you bastard.” Muttered David Foster Wallace and he let the gun fall to the garden below.