[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 730x732, sartre_22.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12921067 No.12921067 [Reply] [Original]

Are Sartre or Foucault good for someone starting out?

>> No.12921083

>>12921067
No, you should read real philosophy before that. It's a meme but do read the Greeks. That's Sokrates, Plato and Aristotle then you can read whatever. But I'd say that you shouldn't read Sartre and certainly not Foucault.

>> No.12921088

>>12921067
they're good for someone ending it all

>> No.12921097

Don't read Sartre, he's a hack. Read Foucault after you've engaged with the Enlightenment thinkers. I recommend his essay "What is Enlightenment?" as a segue.

>> No.12921125

>>12921067

Im crippled for life. Im literslly crippled for life, the only thing i have to look forward to is dating some cunt who will accuse me of rape.

Have you faggots tried not demeaning me every second of the day? Have you faggots tried not raping me? Youre fucking up the order of nature. Your claim is “chris is a pussy who is suicidal and needs our help to man up so he can breed” but youre fucking liars, youre all sick in your fucking faggot deranged heads, the truth is “ chris is normal, relatively attractive and likable but we picked him because hes a mexican, and weve ran experiments on him foe 15 years and completely fucked his life up, we drugged him, we had his brother drug him, wr made him crash his car, we robbed him,we accused him of stalking and harassment (which we are guilty of?, we’re perverted rapists who watched him at his house while we made him think we thought he was as pervwrpeted and paychopathic as us, we made him paranoid, we continue to rape him, weve been raping him for 20 years, he’s our dog, and his family is on board because weve threatened them and incentivized them to help us rape him, all under the guise of helping him. The truth is weve done bothing bur ruin this kids life and best him like a dog, ee’re sinister rapist faggots who deserve to be deaggwd out of their rapist cubicles and exposed foenthe rapists deranged faggots we are, and sentenced to prison, where we fucking belong.

>> No.12921619

>>12921067
I started with Sartre, so I guess

>> No.12921677

>>12921619
Yes.
Sartre wrote some stuff that was meant to be read by beginners, so go for it op. "Existentialism" and "Jew and Antisemitism" are ok. Also "No exit" and "The Wall".
I wouldn't rec Foucault but if you still wanna try, aim at his "Dits et écrits", huge collection of very short essays and interviews.

>> No.12921686

>>12921083
why? i read discipline and punish and it was based & redpilled

>> No.12921982

>>12921686
didn't you notice something off about it. Like he wasn't authentic in his pursuit? desu his works seem schizophrenic. It's like he's outlining shapes in clouds to prove a point. his ultimate driving points may be true but it just seems so phony and disturbing his methodology. it's almost like you're willfully propagandizing yourself because he demonstrates everything but the point he is making, everything around it, trying to get you to fill in the blanks yourself and think "oh I drew the conclusion myself!" when irl he was just leading you there like some bogus shaman.

>> No.12922043

>>12921067
Sartre’s philosophy is just a giant misreading of Heidegger’s philosophy as if Heidegger was a cartesian and a humanist. Best avoid it.

>> No.12922048

>>12921125
is this a pasta?