[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.04 MB, 1737x2288, Baphomet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12877639 No.12877639 [Reply] [Original]

What are some good books on Satanism?

>> No.12877642

the bible

>> No.12877654

>>12877639
The Holy Qur'an

>> No.12877660

Atheistic Satanism: Like Church of Satan and Satanic Temple, they use Satan as a symbol or archetype of rebellion and individual freedom, and take heavily from romantic satanism like Paradise Lost. There's no actual belief in the Prince of Darkness, it's just for fun and show.

Theistic Satanism: Vast majority are isolated practitioners. Satan is either the one god, a good god, or one of many gods, and literally exists.

Setianism: Groups like Temple of Set and arguably Order of the Serpent. Satan is the Christian version of the Prince of Darkness, the oldest version of which is Set, who literally exists.

Atheistic Luciferianism: Groups such as the Herald of the Dawn. Like atheistic satanism but generally more focused on knowledge and growth than shock and carnal desires. Lucifer is is an archetype rather than truly nonexistent, but not a deity.

Theistic Luciferianism: Groups like the Order of the Phosphorus, same as atheistic but with literal belief. "Lucifer" may be a name or title, and may be the only God, one of many, etc.

Draconian Tradition: Like the Order of Apep or Ophite Gnosticism. Satan is the ancient serpent of Chaos but perverted by Christians. It transcends the demiurge and literally exists.

Typhonian Tradition: Like the Typhonian OTO. Satan is a Christian adaption of an ancient godhead of Darkness rooted in pre-historical African cults. It is better understood in a mystical way than a deity, but literally exists. Satan's holy text is The Book of the Law.

Sinister Tradition: Such as the Order of Nine Angles. Satan is one of many Acasual forces that exist, but is vastly less important than beings such as the goddess Baphomet. He is a more traditional devil requiring immoral behavior including sacrifice, and literally exists.

Devil worship: Theoretical, there are no existing groups Satan is an evil and disgusting being opposed to the loving Christian God, but fuck the Christian God, please Satan through immoral acts. Satan literally exists, as does god.

Anti-Cosmic Satanism: Such as Current 218, Satan is again the ancient chaos which literally exists, but this is seen nihilistically as opposed to the absurdism of the Draconian Tradition.

>> No.12877777
File: 72 KB, 600x403, red-devil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12877660
>atheistic satanism

Read that as "Athletic Satanism"

>> No.12877803

>>12877777
i just spent the last minute scouring the catalog for these quints. i don't know if i'm disappointed. it's okay, i suppose. 6/10 quints experience

>> No.12877833

>>12877803

>i just spent the last minute scouring the catalog for these quints

That's Autistic Satanism.

>> No.12877853

That picture is a templar idol representing some gnostic/pagan secret. Satanism is a new age idea that adopted symbols and idea from other sources.

>> No.12878025

>>12877853
Baphomet is a mistranslation of Muhammad

>> No.12878038

>>12877853
>Satanism is a new age idea that adopted symbols and idea from other sources.

In contrast to old age ideas that adopted symbols and idea from other sources.

>> No.12878349

VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS
VADE RETRO SATANAS

>> No.12880108

>>12877660
Which interpretation is correct?