[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 149 KB, 500x365, baby tapir.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12873435 No.12873435 [Reply] [Original]

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

>> No.12873436
File: 48 KB, 500x313, QUALITY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not really a novel idea but more of a manga/light novel idea and it's really just a very rough draft. You have your average MC who one day meets the 3 daughters of friends of his parents. They drop them off and tell the MC that he has to take care of them for a few hours. The 3 girls are your typical hot anime babes and the MC thinks he'll get to do your typical harem comedy hijinks but he soon finds out that the 3 are severely mentally retarded, being biologically in their late teens but being closer mentally to 5 year-olds. They proceed to drive the MC insane by drawing all over his walls in crayon and permanent marker, eating up everything in his fridge, throwing temper tantrums whenever they don't get their way, playing with their stuffed animals and crying and whining incessantly. At one point one of them will ask him to accompany her to the bathroom since she isn't yet potty trained. The MC is so mad and frustrated that he decides to rape her in the bathroom and attempts to do so until the girl pisses herself in fear and he gets grossed out. The parents then come back at this moment, find out that the MC tried to rape one of their daughters and the scene changes to a courtroom where the MC gets sentenced to prison for trying to rape a mentally disabled person. The manga/light novel is supposed to be a deconstruction of the tendency of anime and manga to feature female characters that are physically developed but exhibit childish mannerisms/intelligence so the reader finds them "cute", and what would actually happen in real life if you had a bunch of physically developed girls who behaved like actual children.
Opinions?

>> No.12873442
File: 92 KB, 1280x720, Ugh life is suffering.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First and foremost, I establish that the book is entirely in black and white. It starts with our protagonist, a good-looking French college student that wakes up with a cigarette in his mouth (he will always have a cigarette in his mouth) in 1970s Paris. He checks his voicemail and finds 50 unanswered calls, he listens to 2, one from his parents telling him his uni called and said he has been skipping classes and the other is of his girlfriend, complaining that he is neglecting her. He gets out of his apartment and heads for the banlieu on the train. There he wanders the streets, quoting Nietzsche and musing on his existential angst, when he stops and witnesses some racailles beating up and throwing ethnic slurs at a North African immigrant, the MC keeps walking while we see some graffiti that says "NIQUE LES JUIFS" on the rundown city streets while our MC sarcastically thinks "Liberté, égalité, fraternité". Then we switch to an empty church where our MC is sitting, then a random montage of WWII Nazi marches, video of dead soldiers and pictures of the Holocaust appear, and our MC asks a statue of Jesus why suffering and injustice exists, we get a close-up of Jesus' pained expression on the cross and a minute of silence. Then our protagonist sighs and quotes "God is dead" and leaves. Next scene, our MC approaches a brothel where some streetwalkers seduce him into coming inside. The we see our MC have unsatisfying sex with an anorexic prostitute with a black eye from being beaten by her pimp, and we get some voice over where the MC laments that even the short-lived pleasure of an orgasm can't counterbalance a lifetime of pain and how melancholic he feels that so many men are willing to seek and pay for the companionship of working girls to soothe their crushing loneliness. It's nighttime , there's lights everywhere and we see the MC has made his way out of the banlieue and is on the roof of a tall building, about to commit suicide, until he decides to postpone it and visit his parents before killing himself. He walks into his parent's house and immediately color returns to the world, we see the MC's parents and girlfriend getting ready to have dinner because SURPRISE, this isn't an arthouse film but a PARODY of an arthouse film. His parents chastise him for his angsty attitude, even though he has two loving parents, a loving gf, a nice apartment and a promising career as a lawyer. The final scene is our MC throwing away his cigarette, which symbolizes him dispelling his fartcloud of pretension and pesudointellectualism.

>> No.12873477

>>12873442
This is fucking awful

>> No.12873949

>>12873435
A medieval tale of a boy growing up in a mercenary band to be reborn after escaping the bands demise. Being reborn in a metaphorical sense to atone for his crimes and reach a sense enlightenment. Still in the brainstorming phase.

>> No.12874033
File: 118 KB, 760x570, 1549781439730.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12873435
You're that same anon who posted the baby tapir to the side, right? I love you dude, I told you so then and I'll tell you again - these sweet animals you post here always a brief treasure for me to see, as I scroll through a catalog otherwise littered with upsetting imagery.

I want to kiss that little piggy so badly, right on his little foreheady-weady.

>> No.12874058

A lady is starting a life in a new self-sufficient town that claims to be the world's only utopia. One of the conditions of residency is to get rid of all of your old possessions because they might "taint the ecosystem". She discovers that no one works and everyone lives a leisurely lifestyle, however everyone is expected to play a "role", like a hobby that they repetitively engage in. Nobody has any idea where resources, food and manufactured goods are being imported from, yet they are plentiful enough that there is no monetary system.

The protagonist is criticized for not choosing a role (her neighbor, for example, runs a free flower shop because it's what she enjoys doing). She meets alt-Chad, who enjoys messing with people's routines and they become partners in crime, doing mischievous things and stuff like that. One day he disappears mysteriously, and no one seems to really care (obvious conspiracy). She sneaks into his house and finds a notebook he was often writing in. It's cryptic and spooky, claiming that there's a secret at the bottom of the lake, and he accuses the town's council of wiping people's memories.

She decides to take up diving as her role/hobby. There she meets Chad, who serves as a foil to alt-Chad, being very invested in the town and its rules. Chad takes a liking to her and the townsfolk encourage them to marry. The protagonist is not very interested but she is borderline harassed into it.

Anyway some stuff happens (I have it written down somewhere) and she goes to the bottom of the lake and discovers a space whale that's being milked to sustain the town. They're all actually dead and the space whale was supposed to carry them into oblivion but they got scared and decided to capture him and use him to create the model life they never had instead. Their memories are gone because they're dead, not because of any conspiracies, though some people have faint traces of the really traumatic stuff that happened while they were alive. The protagonist rescues the whale and they all die for real the end. Also alt-Chad was sealed at the bottom of the lake because he was close to finding out the truth and the townspeople who were in the know didn't want him to mess with their world.

I forgot what happens here

>> No.12874181

>>12873436
Genius
Don't just make them generically retarded though or the point might be missed, pick out certain tropes and exaggerate them.

>> No.12874199

>>12873435
What the fuck is that

>> No.12874215

>>12873435
I only divulge my secrets to tapir-posters.

>> No.12875176

pige

>> No.12875661

>>12873442
Not sure if you're serious but reading this made me grin

>> No.12875690

my book idea is a collection of my writings based around a consistent thread

>> No.12875707

>>12874033
oh my. he is truly a special tapir. an absolute joy and blessing to behold.

>> No.12875724

>>12874058
This feels a bit disorderly but 100% has potential. I would only keep the start and end, and let the middle progress naturally as you write, you'll likely find a more natural course than you have described. It feels like it could have a sort of We vibe to it (Yevgeny).