[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 302x167, deleuze.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12836078 No.12836078 [Reply] [Original]

>Psychoanalysis was from the start, still is, and perhaps always will be a well-constituted church and a form of treatment based on a set of beliefs that only the very faithful could adhere to, i.e., those who believe in a security that amounts to being lost in the herd and defined in terms of common and external goals

Well, was he right?

>> No.12836121

>those who believe in a security that amounts to being lost in the herd and defined in terms of common and external goals

What does this Frenchie mean by this?

>> No.12836239

>>12836078
Deleuze is an artist.

I might know what he meant by that. If you ask a psychology student, they'll say their specialization will be/is neuro, why not the psychoanalysis of lacan and others alike? because this kind of psychoanalysis is a set of predicaments that determines rules about how a mind operate or should operate and how to understand it. The problem is, you can't precisely define the abstract concept of what is a mind, because it's not written somewhere, it's a metaphysical thing. Why would someone relay on metaphysical interpretations when it's more practical to use science?

I could be totally wrong, I know very little about psychology.

>> No.12836286

>>12836239
The "talking cure" makes me feel better, I think the research data bears out its utility. But the key for that, in my experience with therapists, is to suspend judgment of the subject. Let them tell you why they think they are the way they are and work from there. Don't impose alien theoretical frameworks like Lacanianism or Jungianism on their spirit, that will only make things more confused.

>> No.12836718

>>12836078
Yes essentially.

Psychology is also fucked. Imagine thinking you can know someone is crazy and then declaring them insane and giving them shock therapy or pills to make them into robots. Psychs are the insane ones imo. Neurosis is just modern sin and the asylum is just a prison/hell imo.

>> No.12836832

>>12836078
Scientific materialism itself is a well-constituted church.

>> No.12836967
File: 14 KB, 250x253, E6F25FD1-7D55-4581-A3F0-BA4FA04CF015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh it’s a “church” alright.

>But this is not yet all, for one other thing under the heading of 'counterfeit' is perhaps even more worthy of note than anything mentioned so far, and that is the requirement imposed on anyone who wants to practise psychoanalysis as a profession of being first 'psychoanalyzed' himself. This implies above all a recognition of the fact that the being who has undergone this operation is never again the same as he was before, in other words, to repeat an expression already used above, it leaves in him an ineradicable imprint, as does initiation, but as it were in an opposite sense, for what is here in question is not a spiritual development, but the development of an inferior psychism. In addition, there is an evident imitation of the initiatic transmission; but, bearing in mind the difference in the nature of the influences that intervene, and in view of the fact that the production of an effective result does not allow the practice to be regarded as nothing but a mere pretence without real significance, the psycho-analytic transmission is really more comparable to the transmission effected in a domain such as that of magic, or even more accurately that of sorcery. And there remains yet anothervery obscure point concerning the actual origin of the transmission: it is obviously impossible to give to anyone else what one does not possess oneself, and moreover the invention of psychoanalysis is quite recent; so from what source did the first psychoanalysts obtainthe 'powers' that they communicate to their disciples, and by whom were they themselves 'psychoanalyzed' in the first place? To ask this question is only logical, at least for anyone capable of a little reflection, though it is probably highly indiscreet, and it is more than doubtful whether a satisfactory answer will ever be obtained; but even without any such answer this kind of psychic transmission reveals a truly sinister 'mark' in the resemblances it calls to mind:from this point of view psychoanalysis presents a rather terrifying likeness to certain 'sacraments of the devil'.